1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mapownership

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by renew, Feb 10, 2021.

1. JosephMis

JosephMis Slime

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    1:01 PM
    Not only at Shaolin, there are plenty of maps where lower levels can grind at at a lower killing rate and I'm not even talking only about mages.
    For example WR map which is a very popular spot to sell leech and also where some ranged classes have the option to get a nice exp. Imagine being kicked out because you can't kill mobs fast enough.

It's also not cool to hold maps without using for hours but people still do it because its possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    5:01 PM
    renew
    _
    This is a great example of maps that are used by others than leechers.
    But since they activiely using the map it seems to be no problem to have it as it is.
    At WS or WR there is no end game EXP to gain, mayority of the players are 150+ with multiple mules with a sense of "ppl2pass/leech$" over there. Which makes it much harder for other players to gain a spot cause you happened to live or have a day off during populated times.

Therefore maybe concentrate on the more populated endgame maps such as ulu2 - 5-6f where you don't see a hermit or ranger try to make some fast nice exp.

1. Maybe more channels are needed with the macro ultras being gone?
    2. Or for example have it being an abuse holding a map without thinking of others?

From what I can see F7 seems to be alright and shared equally but is that because of the non existed safespots?

Yes maybe my solution wasn't the greatest but I want an solution to counter people who sits around ntg.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    9:01 AM
    The @challenge(r) kills a mob a gachapon ticket drops who gets it?
    The @challenger(r) loots it while the @mapowner sees this they can report this.

@challenge would trigger the person into taking screenshots with you attacking monsters thus resulting you in taking repercussions making you in turn possibly get banned anyways, not worth it if you ask me.

@challenge sounds more like ignoring @mapowner into getting a KS battle happening, then whats the use of having an @mapowner command to begin with?
    -----------------------
    I've mentioned a command called @mapblock and people didn't like it and had really good points on how it could be abused, and i do see that however the command would be @mapblock <user> and that user would only get attack/magic cancel thus making them hit 1's only, the thing that people mentioned was them using the command in horntail for example and blocking the Night Lord from hitting it, which in turn should be grieving your own party member but it does make sense. So I've dropped it and never mentioned it again as a suggestion.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    @challenge should be a helping tool to eliminate campers who kill 1or2 monsters per 5min.
    100monsters should be easily killed within 5minutes however maybe the timer should be raised to let's say 6-9minutes?
    The @challenge command can only take in effect if you as an observer thinks someone is holding a map for a long period of time.
    It is a passive command, if you kill a monster in someone else's map while you doing @Challenge it should disqualify your recording and put it on cooldown for you to use again.

So you type in @Challenge, and sit ur butt down somewhere on the map and wait for it to run out. Like an epm checking if the person is really farming.

It can be interpreted in so many different ways, but I think I have something useful tip here for them to maybe correct the @mapowner command or even apply a different method.

@mapowner needs to realize something isn't used right, maybe it should kick the guy out into freemarket. I'm open for anything really.

Since there are 11 silvers and 8 according to LIB. and the spawnrate has to be taken into account too. You should be able to go there as a level 140 mage/bishop in party with someone, so killing 100 shouldn't be a problem really. I'm not here to question if the exp and time is worth soloing a shaolin map, I'm here asking aren't there any other ways to settle the score with campers?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think the problem with your suggestion is that it is narrowly focused on the Shaolin maps while the rest of the MapleLegends world would be equally effected by your system in ways you're not taking into consideration. I share your frustration with campers just killing 1 mob every 4 minutes to maintain map ownership, but your idea is going to need to take a lot of tweaking. An @challenge should not be capable by a person 20 levels higher than you. An @challenge should not be allowed on boss-spawning maps. An @challenge becomes ridiculous on maps where there is no safe spot to sit. A lot of tweaking...

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    No, you're not suggesting something to get people banned and thus wasting a GMs time in looking into more "I got banned for using @challenge command. Why?!" @challenge isn't going to be useful at all the only useful thing its going to do is get you banned if you challenge the map owner.

If mapowner would still be a thing what would @challenge accomplish?
    3.4 Griefing - Griefing is a more specific case of harassment, which can be classified as in-game conduct that is intended to disrupt, obstruct, or sabotage another player's gameplay. Examples of griefing include the following but are not limited to: kill stealing from mapowner, looting in another player's map (including Monster Book Cards, which is owned by mapowner), intentionally causing someone's death, filling an FM store with mules so other player's cannot access it, PQ sabotage, and scamming boss drop/cards in PQs or any other group activity.

Map-related griefing claims will be settled with the @mapowner command, which displays who owns the map. To obtain mapowner, three conditions must be met: (1) must be at least 10 levels below the strongest monster's level in the map, (2) must kill a monster (not just hitting), and (3) not have been AFK for 5 minutes or longer. Once mapowner is obtained, a player has the rights to:
    - Kill monsters in the map themselves, or assign others the right to do so.
    - Loot drops in the map themselves, or assign others the right to do so (such as those invited into party).
    - Ask a player to leave the map IF deemed to be interfering to the gameplay of the mapowner and by extension, the mapowner's party. Interference includes the following but not limited to: kill stealing, looting drops, preventing other members from entering the map (applicable to member-capped maps, such as Manon), and affecting mob behavior or aggro (most notably AFKing at Windraiders in a place that pulls mobs away from the leecher).

For cases of area bosses that do not have killable mobs (eg. JrBalrog), the first one who entered the map will have pseudo-mapowner and has the right to ask other players to CC. This is proven by a screenshot with the @servertime command used. All requirements of being a mapowner are also required to obtain pseudo-mapowner.

All claims will be reviewed based on presented evidence. Depending on the severity of the actions, the punishments may vary, with the possibility of warnings given out for lighter offenses. 1st Offense: 3 Day Ban; 2nd Offense: 7 Day Ban; 3rd Offense: Account Ban.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Consider this scenario:
    A level 85 LUK mage wants to grind at Encounter with the Buddha. Black Crow happens to spawn on the map, causing the mage to retreat from the map. The mage asks a guildie to help kill Black Crow. They form a party and the higher level guildie kills Black Crow with them both on the map. The higher level leaves and the mage is left with ownership of the map. Another player comes in and sees this low level mage and recognizes the LUK gear on them, sees the low level, and recognizes that this mage cannot possibly kill enough spawns in the time allotted in an @challenge, and so does the @challenge for the sole purpose of taking the map away from the mage.

While such scenarios would not be common, they are possible. As I understand it currently, even a level 90 LUKless mage cannot own Encounter with the Buddha unless they are capable of defeating Black Crow and thus can have their map stolen from a higher level player - which is definitely a problem.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    I agree with both of u above, but as for, 3.4 Griefing TOS. It is too much of a greyzone it allows people to do just this exactly:
    (3) not have been AFK for 5 minutes or longer.

Yes this is mainly for 5-6f reasons I seek a solution, I was sitting in 3 chs with 3 characters watching these guys do nothing for 3hours+ just now. I would like to see a change.

*Not have been afk for 5minutes.. so afkin 4min every 5mins is okay? clean interpretation!

At what point is greifing taken in account, and how long are you allowed to hold a map without it interupting other players gameplay?

Also thanks for posting the TOS on mapowner interesting reading.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    _
    Yes, with your interpretation, all the shit would fall apart. If the situation were to look like that after it was introduced.
    But as I said earlier, maybe @challenge should focus on other maps where, for example, there are safe places where you do not get hurt.
    You do not have to take advantage of a challenge on a map where you have to stay at the screen or the client constantly so you do not die. A map like Himes it is not how slow it should decide if you have the rights to the map but the activity that you give it.

As for mini bossing maps it is good as it is after reading the TOS of Mapowner I don't want to change any of those things since it's not in my intrest. I'm focusing on people who take advantage of a poorly written rule how to stay mapowner.
    You want to farm mini bosses for cards, wish you all the best since it's not really my prio in makin this thread.
    My concern is the abuse of mapownership.

Everyone has their own interpretations of how they think people or themselves would do with a @challenge command.
    I wanted to explain it as tool against people who do not move on the map, and not to disturb people who actually do the right thing.

Mapowner in general is a good thing and 99% of the people follow this rule and so do I so don't get any ideas:)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I think what you're seeing are people keeping map ownership in order to sell leech there. It's dirty, for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    They could be doing homework or something else, even so they have mapowner so they have the right of way, unless they're botting or hacking then punish em.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Eldric

Eldric Slime

Mar 2, 2019
    Male
    12:01 AM
    Eldric
    Bishop

Yeah what happens if the person is too weak to kill 100 within 5 mins? Also how do you challenge boss maps?

Also it seems like this will just make people hate each other and try to constantly grief each other by challenging constantly...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Once again I'm not saying my solution is the best, yeah it would probably overflow the @GM command and the forum at the start of it being effective.
    But it's time you cast the spotlight on players who sits doing their homework for 3hours instead of actualy using the map.
    Once again I wouldn't want to apply this into mini boss maps, due to the fact you have to kill 100monsters and be active, but if it was, the command would help that player who enters the map to take it over from this poor soul hanging for the 6th straight hour farming "cards"
    So meaning you don't find it fair for an active player who actually needs the extra income or monstercard coming into a mini-boss map typing a command for the rope hanger to lose his mapowner?
    You can come up with any perfect story, but it isn't an excuse for being a duchebag hogging a map for 1+hour. Give it instead away to a friend who actually wants to farm and maybe that friend invites someone else to party.
    This isn't MyStory this is SPARTA *kicks you down into the pit* just kidding MapleStory, aka MapleLegends

Reply to Eldric's comment above: Also it seems like this will just make people hate each other and try to constantly grief each other by challenging constantly...

- I think constantly wouldn't make people hate each other more since it's done it secret and if the active player is farming he won't even notice it's been done, also it should of course have a cooldown of 15-30mins. As I try to explain maybe it needs to be poolished since every map is farmed/cleared differently but maybe there's a small piece in this post now when we have discussed, that might form an idea of how to make or undo griefing mapownership and is handled in the future?

After reading everyone's comment: No I don't think it will be a more toxic enviroment with a little change to mapowner, or a new command to support/counter it since just that @mapowner command works just fine and obeyed by all players. Cause all that hardwork getting where you at it's not worth the the consequences of being toxic need I say more.
    TOS is made to be followed, there is no second chances in your actions, just a few greyzones that can be poolished through out the way hence my post.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I will hit it to you straight. This is one of the most worst ideas or suggestions I have seen to counter the "problem".

ML T and Cs clearly stated that the Map Owner has the final decision on what they can do on the map. Putting a @challenge is going to mess up the rule and policy altogether.

Plus, how are you going to balance classes or characters that cannot easily kill 100 mobs in 5 mins?

Ever heard of "Try another time" or did you even bother asking to share the map? You should try that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    _
    That's kinda insulting thinking I don't ask around if I can share or use the map, don't go putting words into my mouth.
    This isn't the thing I'm trying to discuss, its the greyzone I want to get to.
    No activity no Map, it's provokes and ruin others gameplays.
    But yeah most people are really nice in general, even mega that there's open maps if anyone interested.
    I'm not calling everyone out that they are lameasses cause this is like 1-2% cases I experienced.

-But you hear a lot of stories about boss camping with multiple mules and killing 1 mob per 5min just to get that juicy Anego exp an example, or cards but mostly scrolls and exp I'd say in these cases.

Same thing applies here if you see someone hang on a rope above let's say @SageCat, Boss has some juicy loots etc. If you need a card you can ask the player in that map if you may loot it.
    But what if he's a cardlooter too? I can almost 100% tell you that this guy doesn't have 7 other mules in the other channels guarding those maps from others tryina loot his cards, assuming he's 1/5 or even 0/5.
    He's probably just waiting around and doing other things while SageCat is cooldown.

So maybe they should just extend the killrates per 5mins on certain maps like:

*Farm Maps: CDs, WR, ULU, Skeles and Shaolin

*Mini-Boss Maps: Unchanged!

So couldn't they just seperate those 2 specters, and make @mapowner a new meaning for FARMing maps, and NOT Mini-Bosses.

Anego is not included in this statement since there's ofc weird safespots in that map, and I don't see Anego jumping around like a lunatic tryina get to you. Shaolin is a good example of this abuse with Anego, why have these frame safespots so that Shaolins and Anego won't reach all the way?
    Good example rn is bottom right corner at 5-6F? It's like the concept was taken directly from the Anego map. You are invisible and cannot be touched.
    Make Anego go ham! roam freely throughout the map, give her a jetpack idk but atleast auto aggro her so that she can reach you everywhere at that small map. You are there to pinn her into a wall anyways so what's the issue here if she had a jetpack even lol. I mean you made the Shaolins jump like really high for a fat monk made out of gold, like they must weight so much.

I've experienced another server that was 2x rates like Legends who let go of the reins @anego, and believe me when I say she was hard beaten.
    NLs had hard time beating her and only a few could do it with that kind of aggro and freedom to move all around the map. And I'm sure this would make camping the maps like that impossible for mules since they'd be wasting so much money and possible deaths.

The conclussion:

Not to have it just 1monster per 5min on Farming maps >that makes u @mapowner.
    This way can makes it's just not worth staying at a safespot for 4mins and do whatever.

There's 119 people who has read this thread, I think I got to express myself enough and what I think is a greyzone. > @mapowner-ship <
    So with my method I feel like I kinda want to take it back, after reading everyone's posts yeah its a bad idea..
    @challenge would be a very bad idea under many circumstances, with the

cons: way too many
    pros: make @Mapowner better instead.

I wish you all a great weekend those of you who reads this and happy mapling!
    Thanks to all of you for posting your thoughts and ideas, I feel pretty much done here now, regarding @challenge atleast.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  16. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    10:01 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Here's my say on @mapowner: STOP. COMPLAINING.

First come, first serve. EZPOG. If a map you're wanting to farm in is taken, there's 2 options you can take: Either wait for one to open up at another time or GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Everyone and their dog is obsessed with "metas" in this game, where you can just do the same thing in any other map.

Sure, I sometimes bitch about people hogging maps (those damn Anego hunters and their mules for example F7) but ultimately I acknowledge it and move on. Instead of making alternative commands to fight for a map, think of alternative places to grind or even suggest buffing up those maps to match the current metas (or maybe give Anego her jump back, plz and ty <3).

One PRIME example is Kid Mannequins getting their auto-aggro back! Any1 here remember grinding those back in the old days? Also, they added portals in various maps (deep ludi, leafre, etc.) so that players can grind there as alternatives if they can't go to those meta maps. Did y'all forget those, too?

Either way, complaining about not getting a map is not going to solve the solution of grinding meta maps, it just makes more problems.
    Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Topics like this just make me go.... :sadface:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Agreed. I appreciate your time to think up of something! I wish more people would take the time to appreciate people's willingness to come up with possible solutions. I still stand by what I've said earlier that your solution needs a lot of tweaking - but I encourage you to stay inventive and willing to share your ideas. =o)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I don't see how me giving a comment on what you should try doing means I am putting words in your mouth. If I am putting words in your mouth, I would say something like:
    "This OP probably thinks and says this @mapowner stuff sucks and he wanna do what he think's is best for his convenience.

In what way? You mean not having a map available -- Isn't it the same as a popular food joint or restaurant that has a long queue and you need to wait hours to queue? We already had this issue back in GMS or MapleSEA and during that times the crowd was way more concentrated with no "Map Owner system".

Not sure what you're trying to say here. Is the problem about the 98%-99% of the player base or 1%-2%?

I don't really see a problem with that. Also, how do you know that person is not a mule and can just be waiting for the boss?

Again, how are you going to balance out classes that cannot do map Nuking (Genesis, Blizzard), unless you want to put a monster requirement for each individual class and capability? That would require a lot of work with the ML Staff and literally testing each individual map on the capabilities of each class. Even if the ML Staff agree with your idea, how well would it actually solve the problem?

You seem to have an issue with just Shaolin. But what about spaces that also can have mules resting such as GS2? Also, what about Ulu2? Don't tell me u wanna tell the ML Staff to remove the mob-less platform on the top or spawn mobs up there, or make the mobs have a better capability of hitting players on ropes.

I will just be direct again, it's a really bad idea and to add on again - it will take a lot of work from the ML Staff to balance this issue. Adding this is just not going to solve the problem completely considering the amount of work that needs to be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:01 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I fully agree. I read this and initially thought it was a good idea too, but then thought of a few ways this could hurt me (ie stalking bosses for cards) much more than it would help anyone. I personally never had that much problem with mapowner because I usually go to less popular maps, or a channel where someone is not currently stalking the boss (or I'd just ask for the card and move on).

So yes the system is currently flawed but I think it's the best we can get. Introducing a counter would probably lead to a messy patchwork of revisions. It is a cool idea though... I like it when there's some competition. (I personally once had the idea of having ch1 always FFA and not able to be claimed, but meh, that didn't get much attention either.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. buffyfluffy

buffyfluffy Orange Mushroom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Actually one of the better suggestions I've seen regarding map ownership. I'm so frustrated with it right now.

So as im writing this right now, there's this dude literally camping Lady Boss with 8 characters in all channels, with like 4 out of those 8 characters being mages the summons kill the mobs automatically. And Lady Boss already spawned in some channels but the dude is just not killing it and waiting till spawns in all channels before killing it. So all 8 channels are currently unavailable and have been unavailable for the past 30mins and counting.

Some might think "oh this dude just throwing a tantrum cos he cant get a map" -yeah that may be so, i admit i am frustrated having checked the map constantly throughout the day to find out someone with a timer camped all 8 channels and don't even have to break a sweat to retain map ownership. But you CANNOT tell me this shit isn't BROKEN AF. idk what kind of community or gameplay does this system promote

• Like Like x 4