1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Quests please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sushimeow, Jan 31, 2021.

1. sushimeow

sushimeow Slime

Jan 4, 2020
    6:06 AM
    Beginner
    Can we have more party quests, such as Ice man party quest in el nath, dragon rider party quest, or Kenta in danger party quest please? There are still many players don't want to grind or leech themselves, and prefer to play pqs, please

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    1:06 AM
    I/L Mage
    If these PQs were to be in the game, I think the rewards might need some adjustments though, such as Kenta's goggles. I don't think any of these PQs are necessarily broken in terms of XP, so I don't see any issues with them in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    10:06 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I do think PQs can be a nice change of pace from grinding, but if there were higher level PQs they would probably be dead 90% of the time. The only reason kpq lpq and epq are playable is because there is a greater mix of aspiring mules, washers, and new players. At the higher levels I just don’t think there is enough incentive to play a PQ. I feel like it would be wasted effort for the most part since it’d be dead most the time anyway

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    5:06 AM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Isn't CWKPQ a higher-level PQ? Is that dead? I legitimately have no idea; I've never CWKPQ'd, myself.

In any case, some bosses are essentially PQs, and bossing seems to be popular in this server (even if we don't always call them "PQs").

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    CWKPQ is 90 plus, but I think the incentive is more the great loot than the actual exp correct me if I am mistaken

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    The xp is still good for lv150ish ppl and the loot isn't mind blowing (you'd be better off selling leech).

I'm all for new end-game content since end-game gets very repetitive (just HT or 7F lul).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    Adding more pqs doesnt really help when all besides 3 are dead on the server already, they really should incentivise some of the underused ones aka OPQ MPQ LMPQ and PPQ.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    The more pqs the better imo

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    5:06 AM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    I agree here, although I want to clarify that the focus should be on high-quality PQs that can stand on their own, so to speak. LMPQ, for example, already suffers from having the exact same level range as OPQ, and while I'm not exactly crying about it (I prefer OPQ very strongly over LMPQ), it is a bit of an unfortunate design. Making PQs not overlap in their utility too much, is a good thing. Some overlap works fine, of course (see: EPQ).

It seems to be perfectly viable to me, to make "late game" (read: level 120+, or even as low as level 86+, where MPQ ends) PQs worth EXP, and not just item rewards. I'm pretty sure 4th-jobbers sometimes do Ravana runs for EXP (please correct me if I'm wrong here), and I've done the Ravana prequests before, as well as the repeatable quest that you do in order to run Ravana again (it gives Sunbursts and the magical stone or whatever). While the prequests and the repeatable quests are pretty bog-standard kill/fetch quests for the most part, those who would like to kill Ravana are forced to do them. If, in theory, these prequests/quests were converted into a more PQ-style layout, that would turn Ravana into a PQ. I'm not saying that that's a good idea, but I'm merely using this hypothetical to demonstrate how it's possible to have a high-level PQ that people run for EXP.

If EXP curves prove to be too pesky, I might note that it's pretty easy to make the EXP that a PQ (or PQ stage) rewards be more dynamic. EXP rewards don't necessarily have to be static, i.e. they can dynamically change on a number of factors, including things like the EXP-receiver's level.

This is something that for me, personally, is more near & dear to my heart. In honesty, I've yet to have a character reach 4th job, so "higher-level" PQs don't affect me that much, personally (unless you include levels 86~119 as "higher-level"). PQs like MPQ and OPQ, however, I love very much, and I have done a (very) large number of. Unfortunately, this has required a whole lot of waiting in lobbies and desperately smega'ing for players to please come join me.

I don't think that that nullifies the concern about having PQs at level 86+. It's perfectly possible to worry about more than one thing at once, and I think it's very reasonable to worry about rehabilitating PQs like OPQ and MPQ, while at the same time worrying about having fun and worthwhile PQs that are higher level than either of these PQs.

Related:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    CWKPQ gives you TaOs, MoNs, chairs and the EXP is really good, people also get MoN service, HTPQ is something to get into Horntail.

I've never done OPQ, MPQ, PPQ, EPQ in this server I've bought solo leech up until level 90.

But the more PQs there are the more things other people can do instead of grinding/leeching because the meta map issues.

11. TommiBoi

TommiBoi Blue Snail

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    8:06 AM
    HolyThomas
    Priest
    Leafre
    I agree on this issue, I am constantly fed up with grinding the same map for 20 levels then moving on to the next one just to grind another 20.

Especially noticed this for levels 100-130...
    I think pqs for these levels will be one of the biggest additions to the game we can have, I don't even care that much about rewards changing and balancing for them, I just want viable exp to substitute the grind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:06 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    As long as it offers respectable EXP and somewhat meso value like 1 gach a run or something.

Any new content is welcoming.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I think having more channels along with more Party Quests would push for more people to join the server, and have people stay because not a lot of people play in other pServers, or the offical game at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    All in favor of PQ exp buffs. PQ’s should be a viable grinding alternative, not somewhere you can easily net profits. Maybe tweak the rewards list slightly, but adding gach tickets or valuable scrolls to the prize pools is not the right move.

There should be a trade off when deciding how you want to spend your time. Grinding for EXP and Drops. PQ for socializing and comparable EXP.

Also, add 30 seconds to OPQ bonus stage. That map layout with a 60 second timer is a cruel joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    I'm only here to suggest Monster Carnival.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Kimmy didn't want to add in Monster Carnival or Ariant PQ because they would have Trade Wins and peoeple would complain that they wouldn't have their turn or something like that :/

17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    You have to remember that the rewards for the PQ currently is balanced at a game where gacha only can be bought with real money.
    Therefore grinding and PQing nets you similiar meso gain overall. However, the potential meso gain difference is huge when gacha can be dropped in grinding in ML.

I would say the potiential value of the PQ reward need to be 2x at very least. OR make the PQ equip even worth getting like KPQ/LPQ/EPQ.
    OPQ/MPQ/PPQ's PQ equip is just sadge.

Shitty exp/time, shitty potiential meso gain, shitty PQ equips really compounded the problem of the later PQs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Sounds GMS-like to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:06 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Sometimes I'm so surprised for so many players forget this server is based on v62 GMS

20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't mind a monster carnival with 0 EXP, 0 meso, and any form of other reward.
    Monster Carnival is a big part of my nostalgia and I don't mind going in just to have a taste of it again :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1