1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive QoL Suggestions for Islanders

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Jan 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    4:02 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Greetings fellow islanders, welcome to Suggestion Island we will land in a couple of minutes.
    [​IMG]
    In the last couple of weeks I've been thinking about how islanders have been living and how the future could be looking up for us.
    It is a new decade (2020 doesn't count catthumbsup) so we need to find something new and refreshing for the coming decade of meta islanding grinding time.

We will check and discuss upon 5 different topics in the coming thread.

I will suggest Admins to just remove particularly not important messages, else the thread will become a land fill of garbage with useless stuff (no petty arguments blah blah, only discuss the topics taken upon the OP)

New Hair & Eyes
    Oh Mai... why are you always bashing our satisfaction?
    You're a professional hair dresser and eye surgeon but... can you please learn a bit more? You know, we are slowly fading away with the new fashion thats coming from offland and we hear there are many more hair and eyes surgeries you haven't learnt yet.

Why not add all the Parlour Hair/Eyes to Mai Quest and make it possible to get Event Hair/Eyes in the Event Maps?

Hair & Eye Random Colour
    Oh Mai... Mai, Mai, Mai... why are thou so much of a pessimist? Hating on our satisfaction?
    Yes, we like how professional you are at haircuts and eye surgeries... but can you please give us some different dyes? and/or give us some coloured lenses?

Yes, Islanders are prone to getting new hairs and eyes in various different fashions by bashing in 300 each of all mobs... but what about colours? I'm tired of my black hair and black eyes and the new feature for creating chars with new colours... well its a new feature (welcoming one though)

We are given the option for Random Hair, Random Eye, Do Nothing...
    Why not add Random Hair Colour and Random Eye Colour?

Sinlander
    There are thieves in the Island! What? Nonsense!
    Yes, we are rare, but we are rare for the wrong reason! Why can't we offer a specific all-class ranged weapon all year long... such as the Anniversary Fork? Or Mittens?

It could be presented as a gift, after completing the 300 kill quest from Mai (as another option in the decisions) OR it could be sold in Amherst Weapon Shop (for a specific amount of cash)

Storage
    Ah yes, the fabled inclusion of Storage for the islanders! Nonsense they will abuse speed meta gear!
    But are they?

Speed meta can be broken easily with pots and or NX buffs for very cheap (if one isn't interested in farming 1m NX for AP resets).
    Why are we interested in a Storage? Well, we want some inclusion to the inner features of the game, such as Gachapon and in general more equipments that are not event-bounded.

I classify myself as a non-eventlander and have always had problems finding weapons that will suit my gaming style for the infinite pig-bashing hours I look at my screen... and after some time I look at my char and think "wouldn't I look cooler with a Red Whip?".

Yes you could say "Just use a NX weapon cover" but why? I want to look at the weapons found in the game and spend the least amount of NX possible (because I'm not interested in about 90% of the weapon covers)

Another problem that might arise is that... wouldn't this give the opportunity for people to start washing from an earlier level? Well, systematically I'd say yes, it would help but it wouldn't make such a dent on late-game already washed up players. (washing from lvl 10 or lvl 2)

Washing from lvl 2/3 to 8/10 will most likely gain them at max an increase of 15mp per LVL (if they really have good lvl 0 and 5 gear), as to mean an increase of 120mp (depending on class it can be ranging from 7 pirate to 30 warrior washes)

Event Inclusion
    Yes, this is a problem that I rarely have to experience myself... because most events are presented during times I don't really have the time to play much... so don't be so picky here.

I have participated in one Anniversary, Summer and Xmas Event with my Islander and personally... I see that we are really excluded from the entire game event, and that's kinda depressing.

We are the first players a good portion of new players see and, for some reason, we are the most friendly welcomers to the game.
    We are so friendly yet we are looked at as germs and systematically secluded from particular event rewards.

Sadly we islanders don't have much leeway with event features (such as killing mobs +/- your LVL if you're high lvl).
    But one of the things we can most likely play with is grinding items over items and we can bash mobs so... why can't we be included in the next Event PQs? give us the opportunity to use our grinding time for the event more, not only for cosmetics. (but please don't do Snowman-like bosses... those are really bad)

This QoL Feature is tied with Storage, if we are not so sting-up about the old past of "smugglers", we would welcome the opportunity of joining the events more completely, without having the event designers think of ways to make it so Islanders can't do certain event stuff because of meta-breaking.

~~
    Aaaannnddd with the rant over... It was a pleasure to fly with you, it was I the captain Motto speaking.
    We welcome you to Suggestion Island, please unfasten your seat belt we have landed safely!
    ~~

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Please use Emotes on the first post to react, don't spam a ton of posts thanks.

(2nd Comment taken for possible future Edits)

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    10:02 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    My opinions as a degenerate Islander:

Storage

I've already wrote a lot on this topic so I'll keep it short, but I believe a storage would solve a lot of issues that Islanders have on the current Island.

Impact a storage will have
    -Fixes the current smuggled items situation
    -Gets rid of the eventlander issue with activity
    -New Islanders don't get punished for the date/month/year they create their character
    -Gives new items/motivation to islander who already have all the best slot items, resulting in future events being underwhelming
    -Helps with speed/range/autoban issues some islanders face by allowing them to get more stats + attack

New Hair & Eyes
    I don't think any Islanders would object to having more hair & eye options, and I see this as being something that would inevitably get asked in the future.

Hair & Eyes Color
    Something Islanders have been asking for a while now that will probably get continuously bumped/asked.

Sinlander
    This issue is probably a bit more complicated. There is a big appeal for people who have never played Islander previously & veteran Islanders (People who've played Islander previously) to use the fork weapon for its uniqueness. I imagine staff wouldn't want to give out more forks to Islanders (the mitten sucks and is way less useable than the fork). Depending on your stat bonuses (Str, Dex, Luk) & attack bonuses, the fork tends to get you auto ban for same damage or for an incorrect calculated damage. This has resulted in previous event forks being removed from players & encouragement from the staff to not use the fork as a main weapon. I believe there was an attempted fix for the auto ban that drastically reduced the amount of auto bans for people using it, but did not solve the issue completely. A storage helps put a fork user in a better position to not get auto banned stat wise, but would will result in some auto bans if people switch items around & forget or for new players that don't know.

Additionally I'm not sure if staff plans to have the fork reintroduced as we've seen they might be looking into getting rid of event bosses. If as a result of that, the staff does side to give away for Islanders to get the fork via an alternative method. I believe you would want to add some type of luk requirement to it just to lessen the false autobans. Str & Dex raises min damage of the claw, meaning nearly any Islander can utilize it if given to them. Luk raises the maximum damage, eliminating the same damage auto ban, & probably the incorrect damage autoban.

If it does get reintroduced without a storage, then you'd probably be looking at a maple star suggestion thread as well. OnionSpit

Event Inclusion
    With storage I don't believe the issue is event inclusion so much as there wouldn't be a worry for event exclusion. Without storage, events will always be an issue for Islanders for a zillion reasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a long time Islander, the points listed above are just about everything an Islander would need. The changes would make the Islander meta & community activity independent from season events, something I would greatly want to see. I'm tired of the constant Islander suggestion threads. As an Islander (for me at least but I know a few others feel the same way) there is a huge amount of anxiety when seeing a new feedback thread. Some of them might be some crazy whacky suggestion that really shouldn't be taken too seriously, but we worry about the perception that thread might give off when it comes to making suggestions that are actually needed. I don't personally make suggestion threads for Islanders or give my opinion given the stigma & hopelessness, but I figure this & storage are worth fighting for given the huge impact that they will have in my opinion. We know how dumb it sounds to play an Islander for as long as we do, to make suggestions and waste staff's time on changes that would only involve a extremely small part of the community, but we can't help loving & caring about the dumb Maple Island.

please no one reply to my post, I am so tired of writing OnionCry

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Storage 2021? No! Save Maple Island 2021!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    React with any emoji if u a fan of islanders

Edit: bruh i thought this was a new thread
    Edit 2: sry kim
    Edit 3: anyway how yall doin

• Like Like x 3