1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Class balance, should warriors be viable?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kickserve, Jan 29, 2021.

1. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    12:18 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    NiseNise Do you have an up to date chart comparing different classes' dpm? Last one I could find was from summer patch. I feel like a comparison could help facilitate these constant class balance threads. Thanks :D

2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ciders should never have been buffed to 5 slots. Removing party bears but buffing ciders was a lateral move, and its continued use even at 3 slots shows that the slot restriction still isn't harsh enough. It's only been a few months since the previous standard (+40 stews) was made inaccessible. Now the options for +20 attack are guavas, event consumables, or energizers - all which are pretty hard/expensive to obtain. Having ciders cost only 1k (while even coke pills cost more) and making it stackable to 3 or 5 seems pretty imbalanced to me.

The question still remains - should +20 attack be considered the standard for attack buffs?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    3:18 AM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I think Ciders should be changed to pots that you can obtain from just farming. Maybe make like some CWK/Forest mobs drop them. They can still be in the game but I think they should be have a similar drop rate to maybe Heartstoppers.

That being said, if this were to ever be implemented, I think staff should make all the old Ciders disappear from inventories or make them obsolete (maybe change old ciders to 15 att pots). That way ppl cant hoard them on mules.

• Like Like x 2
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    It seems like every balance patch uses ciders dpm as baseline to balance the difference classes, so we need to be careful. Reducing cider attack would directly buff concentrate and enrage (which is fine), and would disproportionally hurt NLs because they scale harder with watk (which is fine).

I imagine you could lower cider watk to 17-18, make them cost something non-trivial (10-20k), or even lower accuracy a lot. Part of the problem is that there is little barrier to using them while grinding.

5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I'm not sure about others, but if cider was nerfed or even removed from the game, I doubt I'd suddenly start clamoring harder for having hero on runs any more than currently. I cant even be certain that an nl-spam comp would benefit from even a 25 att rage (using 5 att boost to compare coke vs current rage) enough to take the slot from a necessary hb or another nl. This comp wouldnt be able to fit si, so mm, 2h hero, and that dk need not apply. An si centered party could possibly make better use of it, but I think the hero would still compete with dk and/or shad for the slot, a fight the others would likely still win if recruiting randoms.

Rage buff/cider nerf might help the hero on paper, but I'm not sure if squads will smega "R>hero for content" (obviously what op wants) or if squads will take it if it's there and accept the coke pill damage (and inventory slot relief) if its not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    It’s not about being exclusively selected to be part of the party. It’s more about not being so easily replaced by a 1k meso pot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    3:18 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Why you asking for SE pots as a warrior, everyone knows we'd rather have Speed Infusion pots?

Stonetooth users on suicide watch after that

9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:18 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    How's the droprate on heartstoppers (how much heartstopper in an hour maybe)? I've hardly step foot on CWK so i've no idea about contents there.

And also while at it, how would one compare drop rates of heartstopper in comparison to energizer?

10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Laughs in Energy Charge :yay: