1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Horntail 1 Run per Day

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yogurtseller, Feb 18, 2021.

1. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    3:17 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Hold your funny reacts until you read the post OnionShout

Does anyone actually like horntailing for 3-4 hours? I never really liked signing up to horntail because its such a long time commitment, and I found that this sentiment is shared between some of my friends whom have also racked up many horntail clears.

Anyone who has run horntail shortly after reset has probably found that the cave is slowly getting more busy, and I’m sure staff is fully aware of this. It’s only been a week since it’s gotten bad, and who knows if this cave congestion is temporary or chronic.

With that being said, would it be a bad idea to change horntail to one run per day?

Obviously this would change the total EXP acquired for horntailers because now they’ve lost out on a run. Because of this, I think it would be appropriate to buff all exp by 1.5x to compensate. The overall result is a nerf to total EXP, but a buff to exp efficiency.

EXP:
    10 man runs give around 50-55m exp and 6 man runs give around 75m. If buffed 1.5x, 10 mans would give 75m exp, and 6 mans would give 112m exp. Assuming a 10 man clear time of 1.25 hrs and 6 man clear time of 1.75 hrs, 10 man EPH would be 60m eph and 6 man EPH would be 64m EPH.

Drops and economy:
    I got a B in econ so Im not gonna comment here

Other concerns:
    - HTPs would be harder to buy because you don’t get a second chance if you dc or run out of resses
    - Horntail leech could become a thing (???)
    - Increased pressure to run 6 mans to get the most out of your one daily run

Let me do other things pls OnionCry

I’m fully aware that this is a pretty radical suggestion. What do you guys think? Feel free to agree, disagree, tell me im a crackhead, or leave toxic funnies

• Disagree x 10
    • Agree x 7
    • Friendly x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    6:17 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    7:17 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    1 HOUR HT TIMER

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Give us 1 hour timer too

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    6:17 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    I'm not sure I want to put the work in to organize ten people together to just run once and get a dry run. This also makes coordinating with HTP buyers super hard. If something goes bad first run, it's nice to have a second run as a cushion. Without only one run, they just have to wait until the next day and maybe find a new seller.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    idk if anyone else has suggested this, but i suggest 1 hour ht timer instead

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I agree with PunditPundit and also the elitists above, but man I just gotta say that this is such a quality post--short, comprehensive, and humble. I really hope future forum posters take this as an example for their next hp washing suggestion threads.

• Agree x 11
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  9. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Hope your yogurt selling business is doing well.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I think a 1 hour HT timer would be quite nice. That way everyone can get their runs in, and also have time for another run.

Having 1 run sounds like a waste of Elixir, especially if you guys get a dry run like Pundit said.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I wouldn't mind limiting it to 1 run a day if Certificate of the Squad gave you free/easier access into the cave. This could also incentivize some players to go Horntail on more than one character a day, which is more fun than just going on two runs with the same character.

The downside is no more Horntail buffed runs. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    If you save your buff in Cash Shop overnight until the next run 23 hours later, I can see this problem being easily negated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Sounds like pay2win.:boo:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Can I copy pasta this and replace HT with selling shaolin leech and ask them to buff shaolin exp by 1.5x because no one likes to spend time selling leech? Someone do the work for me please because I think if I did it I’d get hit with a ban.

• Creative Creative x 2
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:17 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    A ban isn't the only thing you'll be getting hit by if you ask for shaolin to be buffed. 3ls1vj.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Only if Moira also starts handing out 2 elixirs per completion instead of 1

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    Bro I am about to blow your mind.
    What if you just do one run instead.
    If you don't want to run twice, run once!
    Seriously, if you dont want to commit 3-4 hrs like other runners do, do one run!!

Instead of buffing stuff for no reason(more exp for less time commited), maybe enjoy the game for what it is :D

• Agree Agree x 17
  18. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    11:17 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    It's easy to find reasoning behind OP's suggestion:

Usually HT hosts look for players that are available for 2 runs, it makes scheduling and organizing much easier, especially if there's buyers involved;

Even if the host takes you just for 1 run, it leaves the party pending to find a replacement for the 2nd run which will be harder to do and take longer, and thus in the future the host will again take preference in finding someone available for 2 runs.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle which could only be "broken" if some hosts started doing 1x HT runs regularly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Well... I'm seeing an increase in HT runs nowadays.
    Seems like everyone and their moms are doing runs and, from smega memes I see even HT cave sniping / cant find a cc to start run... so lmao
    I think HT is getting overpopulated, not as much as gs2/5-6f for sure, but we are close to that point lmaooo

(( this depends on timezones ))