1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Valentines Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    11:17 PM
    So not only will I have to ap reset into dex because my pali can no longer wear its existing shoes due to lvl req and therefore use its weapon, but the shoes wont benefit from their slots being expanded.

2. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Also now thieves have a potential 41 att shield but the warrior shield is still the same max att as a maple shield?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jango

Jango Blue Snail

Oct 25, 2020
    Male
    9:17 AM
    Dark Knight
    heroes that are already the strongest cleave in the game and risk free got buffed, and you keep the cider nerf?
    nice really ''healthy''

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair
    as always, only Heroes, Shads and Archers must be the strongest and the rest can stay nerfed
    "Great Job"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    move aside 23 att wg. New meta is 23 att ~20 stat glove. Foxpat unless you CS all the way. The opportunities are endless

6. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    2:17 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    shads got a bug fixed, what are you talking about lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    *not on balance team but responding as a Shadower player*

This is probably due to the fact that the existing Dragon Khanjar comes with 15 base weapon attack for Shadowers to use, and there is actually a Maple Thief Shield that no one uses (since NLs don't use shields). So it makes sense that the Timeless endgame Thief shield should have higher potential than the DKhan.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:17 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Rip money and time invested on my timeless gloves. A punch in the gut for those who invested early.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Uhhhh any chance these can be retroactively applied...I just spent all my money scrolling myself a complete reverse archer set T_T

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    7:17 AM
    *Also responding as a shadower player*

The main thing that causes concern for me is that the list is a STRless shield. Might be a bit meta-shifting to have the end-game shield no longer require STR

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I'm aware. Even a halfassed scrolled DK could easily hit 30 att, and while it's good to increase the slots for the timeless warrior shield, it's still essentially useless for multiple reasons. It takes an insane amount of resources, time, and / or money to craft, it's untradable even within account (once it's been equipped), meaning that anyone who plays a pali and hero cannot share the equips, and it provides only minor stat increases. The only way for it to hit 30 att is via WSing, wheras a DK or timeless thief shield could both hit 30 (semi) reasonably. And the fact that it's level locked to 150+ now.

Outside of style and defense (and the minor stat increases) there's no reason to use it / invest that much into it, over a maple shield. I'm under the impression non weapons don't get WAtt from leveling, but even then that'd be a very minor amount.

12. bebobebo

bebobebo Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2021
    12:17 AM
    1) DrKs aren't far off Hero in terms of damage wise, I personally think you just need better gear.
    2) DrKs are literally essential to almost every late game boss because of HB. Very rarely did you see Heroes drafted for 6 man HTs.

I'm not sure why you're so upset about these changes.

Aren't you a NL main? You really should have nothing to complain about DPS wise...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    [​IMG]
    Currently (December 2020 patch) with best in slot everything, tier 10 ring, and perfect rolls on all Timeless level ups, LUK Bishop is about 25 TMA behind LUKless. This gap gets smaller if you introduce chaos scrolls and some very very good luck with expiring event rings. I don't think this is a reasonable standard for measurement, especially given that Timeless/Reverse equips are untradable. With this patch, LUK Bishop will be about even or marginally (~10 TMA?) better (not counting bonus damage from raw INT vs damage from equivalent magic attack) but only at very high levels (150+). Keep in mind none of this stuff is tradable once it starts leveling... helm (Zhelm/Targa), overall, staff, shoes, gloves, shield will all be untradable... gotta scroll and level it yourself and if it fails you can't sell it to recuperate losses. If the community does decide that LUK is better than LUKless, prices will adjust accordingly. Only real issue I see with this change is that ArchMages don't really benefit a ton from it since they're still gonna be like 90 TMA behind LUKless if they use the 160 staff.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    1:17 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Hace mucho pedí que echo of hero sea usable durante supertansformación en los bucaneros pero creo que no leyeron mi sugerencia, tambien que oak barrel se bug y quedas atrapado para siempre aveces cuando te golpean kekv

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Can we have Timeless Thief Shield to have two different shields with different stat requirements.
    Level 150: DEX 160 LUK 300 (7-11 ATT)
    Level 150: STR 75 DEX 160 (9 - 13 ATT)

or have Timeless Thief Shield to have 75 STR along with it
    Level 150: STR 75 DEX 160 LUK 300

Adding attack to a LUK Shield by default is going to kill STR Bandit entirely. As the shield is far better than getting Dragon Khanjar.

The whole purpose of STR bandit is to have 13~17 more attack than what LUK bandit have thanks to a dragon Khanjar. Now having a timeless thief shield is just going to defeat the purpose of STR bandits in the first place. Dragon Khanjar will soon be neglected later on

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  16. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    2:17 AM
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    Also as a shad main:
    In my experience, it isn't too hard to get close to 4 base str while having the 75 needed to wear the dkhanjar. Especially if you farm monster book ring and use event equips (halloween was +5 stat per ring). Because of this, I don't think the str dagger meta is likely to shift with or without these changes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Min-maxed end game shads already only have like ~10 base str, if not less, with no gear scrolled specifically for STR so it won't make much of a difference, if at all.
    You're still going to need STR to use your dagger, unless you opt for a killic/kreda/blood dagger, in which case those daggers have 2 less att than their str counterparts, which just about nullifies the advantage gained from having no base str. Some shads are even able to manage with 4 base str, so opting for a str-less build would be worse at end game for those funded individuals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    2:17 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    So you mean to tell me that the Reverse/Timeless equipments are now lv 150, just one day after i made my dank gun and sold my Dragon Revolver away?

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    While I agree, I would note, using low stat for event equips is cursed. They almost never have the events properly line up with when stuff is going to expire, and there's no gaurentee that you can get replace it with the same tier of gear, and if you play more than one character, it's generally too much of a grind. If you fail to participate in an event, or fail to get enough gear, you're at a disadvantage, and possibly have to ap reset in order to wear gear. They could reduce the need for this significantly increasing the expiration time (e.g., 6 months with refreshes to the slots every 3 or 4 months, or even better, 9 months, with refreshes every 6 months). But that would be too pro consumer.

20. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Thank you for buffing Enrage and HT meta of cleaving.
    Yet, I think cider should be nerf so it be no equal to "rage".
    Also, Talking about shields -
    *talking as owner of 19att maple shield*
    I think Timeless / Reverse shields should be buffed so it come with base attack.
    why ?
    *In terms of Si*
    Using 2handed sword buff the warrior attack range by 1.2, so lets say I think best shield I've ever seen in game was 23att +perfect 1h sword (140 NT /138Sparta/143 Carabella / 150 1h timeless sword)
    now lets combine shield+1h sword
    NT - 163 att - equal to 135/136 2h sword
    Sparta - 161 att - equal to 134 ish 2h sword
    Carabella -166 att - equal to 138 ish 2h sword
    1h TL sword - 173att - equal to 144 ish 2h sword. (Yet, I dont believe there will be ever 150att 1h sword in game)

so now today's terms, 1h sword +shield even if we talking about perfect weapons is too low to be equal to 2handed sword.(not even talking about axes)
    I think there is a reason to buff timeless shield with attack base and/or buff 1h sword attack by 1.05 to 1.07 ish.