1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Valentines Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:04 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Leech away, lmao.
    :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    9:04 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Bold of you to assume i will get leech MapleF18

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    9:04 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    A little bit of something for everyone here. Should be interesting to see how gear turns out too.

Stellar work by Nise and the rest of the team.
    As always ty for the hard work and consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    10:04 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Finally. finally. finally. enrage its balanced in cooldown. but i still wonder how many att will enrage have at lv 30.

• Like Like x 2
  5. shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    4:04 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair

I have each and every single class at level 150++.
    NLs DPM is not that high, ever tried to play it without SE ?
    Sairs, Heroes and Archers are the strongest by far and they keep getting better lol

just FYI:
    3.7b funded NL +SE ~= 600m funded BM DPM == Sair DPM(no buffs) / ~3

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    NiseNise
    • Timeless/Reverse blunt weapons (Bellocce and Allargando) base attack increased by 10
    Just wondering can we know exactly what necessitated this change and what distinguished this improvement for BW over any other weapon? It's quite the jump in power so I'm just curious what the thinking / rationale or considerations are. I get it's to make them relevant but this relevancy point makes me think there are just already good options and it's not a negative for the timeless / PB weps. It's also fairly niche so it's an interesting improvement to make over anything else like Swords or Spears. The 2h BW was already 2 attack ahead of sword and now it's 12? Feels weird and borderline arbitrary to make such a tremendous change to a niche weapon category with already strong options and a built in green light for scrolling (there are various yellow scrolled crushed skulls that don't sell) so I'm just seeking a rationale. Being able to spam 30's on your weapons and re buy them for a fraction of what other items costs is already a pretty solid trait for this weapon category in my opinion and an underrated and perhaps overlooked characteristic when considering these type of buffs. The green light when scrolling BWs is almost like a built in +10 attack to start. Again, from my POV this comes off as arbitrary but I could be wrong. If this is to separate it from crushed skull it has the timeless 0-2 attack buffs built in and that's unique in itself, I always thought.

What led to this buff for this weapon category compared to others and how was the amount of 10 attack determined?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:04 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thanks for infomation.
    Imma fire all NLs in my squad and replace with hero/sairs, I'm tired for their asking SE+HB and listening "I'm washing"

Oh wait. I don't have NL in my HT squad anw. kekw

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. bebobebo

bebobebo Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2021
    7:04 AM
    1) You have every class in the game, so why are you complaining about any buffs at all?
    2) WDYM???? If you're not out damaging an equally funded Hero/Archer in single target DPM something is wrong with how you play.
    3) When are you ever running bosses without SE?

You're right though, people have shitloads of NLs in PB runs probably because they are a weak class.

just FYI:
    You're doing DPM with sair on boat with target dummy...
    Boat isn't always gonna be up, sairs have less mobility & can't stand there holding ATT button with shadow shifter, it makes sense that their DPM is a bit higher

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    TBH, this is just unfair. PB is not new now. Many people have already go ahead and create their own and you guys just update it after PB had been release for 3 months assuming that these equips wasnt being used much ? If you truly thinking of 'not much of these equips are being used', update those existing too. Dont be a scuff.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    This is most likely a technical problem rather than a balancing one. I believe to update stats specific to individual equip (requirements don't count because they're global), they'd have to go after every single instance of those equips and modify each and every one of their stats by hand, which would be really, really impractical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Changing only one weapons attack is the true unfair outlier here and we deserve an explanation. It's a peculiar buff along the lines of the peculiar HH buff and it makes you question the balance team that they're doing these unusual changes. HH got corrected before. I fear this BW change +10 attack won't be so easy to correct moving forward. It will go down as an epic blunder.

This is why adding 10 attack to the Blunt Weapons is going to end up a severe mistake.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    6:04 AM
    update
    Equips as e
    set
    e.Slots = e.Slots + 3,
    e.Attack = e.Attack + 10
    where
    e.ItemId = 69;
    (obviously meming, nor is that the db structure but there's no way it's a technical limitation, and is likely a small sql script at worst)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Be it a technical problem/ hard to update stats specific to individual equips; too much work, then write a script to do it. Honor your changes, dont scuff. D:

14. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    6:04 AM
    "goal of most of these changes seem to be increase pb splits rather than actual balance changes. some of these buffs seem way overboard esp all the slot increases." - someone

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Hi BW paladin here.

The timeless allargando, if you got completely perfect levelups on it, would be a paltry 2wa ahead of a perfect crushed skull which is dirt cheap in the fm. So no one in their right mind would go through the trouble of acquiring and trying to perfect level up an allargando. Even less when timeless swords FAR outstrips BW. Now a perfect allargando starts off similar to crushed skull and actually gets upgraded with each successful level-up, which is like what every other class gets to enjoy but BW paladins didn't- also reminder that in terms of DPS, Crushed skull users had always been behind the curve because of the very nature of being a one-handed weapon and being a blunt weapon. The multipliers were just flat out worse. So the allargando buff is well-placed imo.

As for Belloce, its issue was that it has Slow attack speed of 7 (compared to Nibelheim being 6). This is extremely significant, since y'know even SI won't bring it up to maximum attack speed, and as well all should know by now 1 attack speed is worth somewhere in the order of 10-15wa. This buff still doesn't make up for the shortcomings in my opinion since playing with lower attack speed doesn't just impact your damage but your general quality of life when playing since you become even clunkier than warriors already are.

In short LinLin your balance thread did it! Kind of. Remains to be seen if the BW paladins make a resurgence. Though with the cleave buff for Hero/DK at horntail perhaps we suck even more. Who knows

Anyway nice work staff for the slew of beautiful changes both in maps and characters!

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I don't think it was me who made the balance thread, i just report da news MapleF16

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  17. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:04 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    The reporter ML needs. Linnyboytv!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    [​IMG]

Sorry but there's way too much to misinformation, misinterpretation and illogicality unpack there and I don't think I really want to deal with it. If anyone else would like to please feel free, but for now thanks Nise and squad for the Allargando buff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I made a spoiler with the stuff you don't like and left the simplified version outside of it. In the end, our differences are philosophical so I doubt we'll ever see eye to eye.

I said your lv120 PB wep has similar attack to your lv120 special wep from a high level PQ and you know what you signed up for with clunky 2h blunt weapons. I also mentioned nothing is ever enough for BW Paladins and that no other job has 2 choices for mass scrolling lv120 weapons. The reality is other people need to 30 and level up their weapons and all 1h bw needs to do is 30% crushed skull. It's actually an advantage.
    I don't think it's right that people pay real mesos for swords and know they're getting into an expensive job and then BW players just complain and theory their way into buffing themselves up to compare to swords for a fraction of the price by saying their lv120 weps have comparable stats to their other 120 wep (lol no other job has 2 btw) and their 2h weapon is clunky. You signed up for the 1h damage calculations, and you signed up for the clunky 2h weapons. If you didn't like it you would have paid more for the swords. If you want the cheap weapons and brag about how cheap they are, then live with how they work.
    I'll never think it's unusual that crushed skull and PB wep have similar stats when they're both from special circumstances and are both lv120 weapons. The 1h damage calculation with BW and clunky nature of 2h BW is just what comes with the territory when you make those choices. Having special buffs and constant remodeling of a job and then special changes to specific niche weapon classes to compare with more expensive weapons is just unfair and inappropriate.
    Then I mentioned the inferiority complex of your class and stated you could buff both by 50 and it wouldn't be enough. If you wanted to be a sword user or a hero or be indirectly buffed by mob changes at bosses you could always make a hero or a sword Paladin. I think having special buffs to niche weapons when you know what you're getting yourself into just to have a cheap route to compare with more expensive weapons and traditionally strong jobs is, as I keep saying, inappropriate.
    To say you dislike that your lv120 weapons are comparable to one another is ignoring your privilege of having two choices of mass scrolling and wanting to compare 2h bw to sword is a bad and lazy comparison. Buffing these weapons is rewarding complaining when everyone knew what they were getting into in the first place.
    I could agree with all your calculations with 10-15 wa to make up for 1 speed on 2h, and 1h bw caclulations being meh, but at the end of the day you signed up for that and buffing you to be comparable to swords with 2h or have one uber weapon with 1h because you dislike it's comparable to your other lv120 1h is bad for the game. On a philosophical level, it's wrong to reward complaining and there's nothing wrong with your weapons in the first place. And as I said in my spoiler, if you looked on the bright side you'd realize everyone else has to 30 and level up their weapons to hope for max stats when all Pally has to do is spam 30's on crushed skulls. Your 120 wep came early from CWKPQ and it's not underpowered. If you want to refute this, explain why Timeless 1h bw is supposed to be so far superior to Crushed Skull in the first place and what your reason is to separate the two in power? I see two lv120 weps from special circumstances being comparable as perfectly normal and you for some reason don't. It also seems you think 2h bw must be competitive with swords when I think they are just different and you live with your choices.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    In regards to monster dungeons, I feel like Petris would've been a better candidate for a dungeon rather than Ulu 1.

• Agree Agree x 1