1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable certain notification in chatbox

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rockarolla, Feb 20, 2021.

1. rockarolla

rockarolla Red Snail

Jul 15, 2020
    3:43 PM
    rockarolla
    I play Maple with a controller and using JoyToKey to have the auto repeat function. This happens when I'm using skills with cooldown. The flood of messages makes me barely possible to see any other words. Is there anyway to hide them?
    [​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    rockarolla

rockarolla Red Snail

Jul 15, 2020
    rockarolla
    the link is expired and I don't know how to add another while editing, here's the imgur link: https://imgur.com/qg2vPEx

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:43 AM
    Moderator Post
    auto repeat? So inputs automatically without you using them?

4. OP
    OP
    rockarolla

rockarolla Red Snail

Jul 15, 2020
    rockarolla
    it repeats while holding the button like how it works on keyboard instead of only casting 1 time

5. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    3:43 AM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Post your IGN so I can help you out.

6. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    4:43 AM
    Beginner
    Can you fix the image hosting?
    I also use a controller for playing, and i think i know what you're talking about.

But, doesn't it happen only when you hold the button for too much time? Auto-repeat should be configured by unchecking toggle, so when you release the button, the action stops.
    I found that 20times per sec mimics the pc key press in a perfect way. I use it for Rush / Mount / Brandish and when i let the square button go (Button assigned on my ps4 controller for Brandish) the action stops imediately.

The message flooding happens when i can't equip my mount in a map for example, so holding the button will means you're trying repeatedly to execute the action.

Don't know if that was your problem but i can help with joy2key if you want.
    This is my RUSH skill assigned to L1 button:

shift.png

7. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    Remember to disable TOGGLE. Cause its considered botting otherwise.
    ex: Bishop with Genesis assigned key on autorepeat toggled ON, repeating the key every 5 seconds.

Video: https://youtu.be/BEU7wEjhd5g
    Video 2: https://youtu.be/-gVVd1aOWBc

edit: typo, mixed up words + Video for better understandment

8. OP
    OP
    rockarolla

rockarolla Red Snail

Jul 15, 2020
    rockarolla
    Thank you for making these videos so I can explain easier, the 2nd video shows the problem I met.
    It happens when casting skills like snipe which has 5 sec cooldown, I'm going to use that frequently. However I didn't put them on quick slot which shows whether it's up or not. So I have to spam the key and have it be cast instantly to maximize the dps. Even though I don't hold it to long, the flooding message still severe enough to cover the chatbox (I usually set at 3 lines according to maps). So I was thinking if it can be hid.

9. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    Hm... that's strange. My imputs stops imediately after i let the button go. How many times per sec you put on snipe key in joy2key?

10. OP
    OP
    rockarolla

rockarolla Red Snail

Jul 15, 2020
    rockarolla
    It's aerial strike actually but I think people are familiar with snipe so I list it as an example. I set at 1/30 but I think it doesn't really solve the flooding if I lower it. I still have to see the message which doesn't help but bothers me every 5 sec.

11. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    Beginner
    That's really weird. If you setup like i did in mine, and it still didn't solve your problem i have yet to think about another solution