1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Valentines Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    1:24 PM
    You replied and apologized to 2 out of like 8. Admittedly I failed to read though all of them and made an emotional argument. Though you didnt respond to anyone in regards to getting screwed by the level req.

The simple fact of the matter is, even if it meant editing each item by hand, the fact that you're making a huge sweeping change, and invalidating people's previous work, and your reasoning is "it would take a lot of work". If you cannot fix those items at a db level you have serious problems with managing the game.

I spent probably 20h gathering pot to craft 2 shoes, one of which boomed (because of course you nerfed the drop rate to like 1 / hour). Now not only can that char not wear the shoe due to lvl req, but it has nowhere near the value / stat potential as if I waited a few weeks.

Your entire argument for not making washing easier, or even reasonable, is you dont want to Invalidate previous work. This sure as hell seems to have invalidated the **** out of some previous work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    4:24 PM
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    True... If this was an actual legit game that wasn't run by volunteers. Don't forget the staff have actual jobs and lives aside from doing their staff duties. Think about it like this. Hp washing is a (few) year(s) worth of work where as leveling up an equipment is.... A couple hours? Days? Yes you lose out on meso and a bit of good rng, but that's a poor comparison between the two amounts of "effort".

Great job nise <3 (and staff?) ~derp~

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:24 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Saying they are volunteers is such a BS excuse to justify these things. You shouldn't say it cause it really diminishes the staff's credibility.

Leveling the equip is easy yes, but getting it in the first place and having good luck with level up stats is NOT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    My argument had nothing to do with leveling stats.

5. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Please explain why it's "BS" and why it diminishes the staff' credibility. I was simply responding to the other person's comment about "if you cannot fix... have serious problems with managing the game".

Side note, by what standard/authority are you implying when you say "You shouldn't say..."?

No one said it was easy or not (easy is an opinion). I was also just commenting on the poor comparison between "invalidation" of effort between hp washing and a few equips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:24 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    1. I didn't touch PoT drop rates? The PoT drop rates are the same as it was since like 2017
    2. I'm not sure how timeless/reverse equips relate with washing?
      • Even if it does relate with washing, we did also release eye accessory for HP this patch, which will actually be quite significant for those that are minimally washed.
      • If your argument relates with the fact that Pink Bean is a "more important" boss now, with the monster magnet change, I'm fairly sure HP washing did become quite optional with PB runs now. It's just up to the host to be able to pull off the strat that allows for it to be HP washing optional. Key & point, sairs zerking at PB & boomer NLs.
    3. I'm not a dev, so I'm not the one that touches the DB. I just help with the discussions and relay it to everyone like a PR position.
    4. "No where near the value/stat potential" seems to be quite the dramatization I feel, unless you're WS 10% those shoes.
    5. If what we did upsets you, we apologize? But this type of misdirected angst that unfortunately doesn't seem like something that would be resolved with just an apology from us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This isn't the only thing that makes paladin an inferior class :(

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    4:24 AM
    Xeph
    Bishop
    I’m going to ignore (and exclude) every other related post (especially by Nise) since it’s irrelevant to what I’m trying to get across.

Every effort made by him counts. Just because it can be farm within a couple of days ahem ahem does not mean that it is insignificant. You weren’t the guy who suffered, so you don’t understand how he felt. Who are you to judge him for the way he is feeling? How about if one day your most recent OP equipment faces the same situation as him, how would you feel? Would you be as calm as you are now? Am I right to say that since u made it a few days ago, it’s fine if its removed from your inventory?

You disgust me.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    1) This is simply a false statement of fact. I spent many hours at ToT pre PB patch. The drop rate was at the very least faster than gacha. I got probably 2-4 / hour. Post patch the drop rate felt wrong, but I only had 90 mins of gameplay to base that off of, as I quit for several months. When I came back a month or so ago, I started farming PoT, I spent 4h at RoR4 (the map I would farm equips at for hours a day*) with LITERALLY 0 drops. Other maps, mainly ML5 felt better, and I was getting around 1 / hour. I was pretty sure one session I got more helm int 60s than PoT. One individual claimed that they nerfed it because too many people were creating reverse equips making PB too easy too soon.
    2) It's not in relation to HP washing, though I thought my argument was pretty obvious. It's in relation to how these two issues are being handled very differently. HP washers are told "We will not invalidate your previous work by making hp washing easier for new players." Meanwhile, you literally invalidate peoples work gearing themselves by changing gear levels retroactively / changing gear stats proactively without even an attempt at compensation. 20 hours farming for one piece of gear is an insane amount of time already, and I should have just bought the PoT, but I didn't. Now, those hours were wasted / I have to do them over again just to attempt to reach the level of quality gear made today could reach.
    3) Then talk to the devs. Hell, get me a copy of the db schema for the relevant tables and I'll write the query myself. Hell, Maple is so old / deconstructed I could probably look it up unless you've made serious schema changes.
    4) Straight 10 attack difference for bws, 10 attack difference for thief shields, and 3 slots, 3 slots for the other shields, and 2 slots for all gloves and shoes. That's a pretty big difference, otherwise you wouldn't be making those changes to the items in the first place.
    5) It's not this specific event that upsets me. It's the fact that you repeatedly commit the same kind of mistakes, screwing over lower leveled / less committed players, and tend to target certian jobs unfairly while letting others literally commit ToS violations (e.g., by gms or on streams on the front page of ML). Obviously this isn't all you, it's how it's being handled as a whole, but there are so many better ways to handle so many of these situations and if you interacted with the community more, mabye you could get some of that actual feedback / good changes people suggest implemented rather than half assed sweeping changes that ruin players experiences or have unforseen (or forseen and ignored) consequences.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Did the staff (as a whole, not just Nise) really not expect critique about rendering player's end-game gear (AKA a lot of time and effort) not as good anymore?

Saying "sorry" doesn't help us at all, so all that's left for us is to complaint and either quit out of frustration or re-start the process of acquiring the SAME end-game gear which for a lot of the players isn't as easy as some people make it to be.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    The same authority you have by speaking on staff's behalf using the volunteer excuse. Who are you to know what the staff does or does not do with their time?

12. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Uh. I never discredited his "effort". As I stated earlier, I simply discredited his comparison and his statement regarding managing the game. LOL

13. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam

I believe I have a right to have the authority to voice my own concern(s)/opinion(s) about what the staff do with their own time. I never said said I speak for the staff nor represent what they do with their "time". How is that the same authority? You stated "You shouldn't say it...". This fringes on challenging my right to say what I will. I have nothing against what you are saying, nor do I mean to have you recognize my own opinions. I disagree with your choice of words (and maybe also the choice/lack there of replying to the actual context).

(apologizing in advance for derailing this thread... am killing time~~)

14. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    ITT: oh noes the meme items i made are still meme when future copies are not meme any more wah wah wah

(Except for shoes and people who got screwed over because they're not level 150; those complaints are legitimate)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    People really be out here trying to say 1H BW is now OP because a level 150 weapon will have more base attack than a 120 weapon of the same speed and time.... What a time to be alive

Edit: anyone saying paladins are buffed from these changes needs new glasses but attacking Nise will get nothing done. Roll with the nerfs and live on guys. Complaining to GMs gets you nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The best part about being ex-staff is that I am free to toxic funny once more. We're just lucky that Nise is nice cuz if he weren't manning the cash register being berated by Maple Karen's he'd lay a verbal smackdown.

The only person who gets my sympathy is Liny and his fresh gun. At least now he can do a sweet training montage

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    STONKZZZZZZ

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Ayyyyy!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    please give us a snippet of what happens behind the scenes :woot:

20. Waeri

Waeri Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2017
    Female
    Waeri
    Bishop
    Vivid
    this really needs a bump bc y'all rly be wildin forgetting GM's are again regular human beings who spend their FREE time (UNPAID BTW) HR-ing a server of 1,000+ people lmao.

Everyone is also free to apply to be on Staff, whether as GM, Dev, Balance Team, etc. They're not just a group of monkeys out to make people's gaming experience horrible lol. There are systems and processes for how things are decided upon within Staff team (which if you really want to make change, then go apply, and you too will understand the work that goes into these changes).

Quite honestly, claiming no thought went into making balancing changes is more credibility diminishing than calling them volunteers. But that's just my opinion :) What do I know though, right? I don't play the game Kappa

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1