1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Temple of Time teleport portals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 29, 2020.

1. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    3:49 AM
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    The only issue I have with that solution is the inability to access the platforms without the teleports. In terms of solely grinding, its not a problem, but it seems weird to have an entire area where there are no ladders and having to rely on teleports to access all the platforms

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    If you think about all the popular leech maps these days, all of them have nearly perfect conditions (good spawns and great map layout). I've also spent a ton of time 1 hitting all the obv maps and none of them are great exp, and more teleports aren't going to help much (there's already up/down tele's).

3. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I'll take your word for it and hope you're right. It would really depend on how much spawn is buffed then, but wrong thread to discuss that. I just don't want buffs to a map with the intention of better grinding to end up being a busted leech spot.

4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:49 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Fantastic. What words would be needed more.

5. Kaeli

Kaeli Mano

Dec 15, 2020
    Female
    sauce (lost)
    12:49 PM
    Kaeli
    Ranger
    Asura
    Because this thread isn't about leeching I'll just keep it to a short comment, but since multiple people are commenting the same thing; leeching is gonna be an issue because (even staff acknowledges) that MapleLegends is basically one of those (if not THE) LeechStory private servers. I can't for the life of me find a GS2 grinding place cause leechers have overrun everything. If we want leeching to be less of a problem, it needs to be nerfed. Maple is already one of the easiest MMOs there is, what reason is there to make it easier so people can level without touching their keyboards? Lol.

Besides that, I just appreciate the increased mobility SO MUCH. ToT is a HUGE map with all walking distances total, so this is a very welcomed help imo. I especially like the detail that you keep the teleportals' entrances similar to each other (i.e. a portal at a pillar spawns you at another pillar, while a portal at a statue spawns you at another statue.) Helps to remember where you'll pop out, especially if 2+ teleportals per map are gonna be common in ToT

6. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    I don't think there's a need to totally revamp the maps with diagonal teleports. Having a minimum of 1 horizontal and 1 vertical teleport is more than enough. As far is I know, some maps only have a vertical teleport and not the horizontal teleport. If the overall goal is to incentivize players to grind as a party, having diagonal teleports would probably making things more convoluted than it should be. Each attacker would have to switch sides every time they user the teleport.

Please no. Before they take IL's elemental effect away from Road to Oblivion.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The tma needed for IL to 1h obv 1/2/3/4 is 1250/1300/1360/1410. For reference it’s 1280 tma to 1h petri, 1360 to 3h 5-6, 1376 to 1h duku. I did a epm2 test on obv 2/3 and it’s around 60-65m eph solo w/ hs. It’s about 100m eph solo for 3h 5-6. No amount of teleports or spawns is going to make this leech worth it. You would need to make a dedicated lvl 100+ HS mule, then have a mage that’s strong enough to already sell the most expensive leech in the game, then have leechers clear 10+ 999 quests, just to get subpar leech at obv. Please, can we stop worrying about leech and buff this content for other classes?

Edit: okay i was granted echo so i tested obv 4/5 and it got me 80/70m eph, respectively.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    whatdaPOG ty! I was able to test obliv3 with echo, but i'm still too low lvl for obliv4. I was able to get an average of 53m no HS at obliv3. Really appreciate the data on obliv4!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Skyler

Skyler Snail

Oct 28, 2020
    5:49 AM
    Magician
    I love it! Please! Do this, the ludi teles worked out great.

10. Knighthatzi

Knighthatzi Slime

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Melbourne, Australia
    8:49 PM
    HatziS
    Bishop
    The main issue I am having with the teleporters is within Road to Oblivion 4, the new portals have replace the old ones which made a more seamless grinding routine, you went to the right one 1st, killed everything went to the most left pillar on the platform and got teleported to the most right pillar on the top left platform, kill everything drop down, kill some more rinse and repeat. The teleporters are now in the middle of both platforms which means you need to move around more in order to kill all of the mobs that have been spawning

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jean Justen

Jean Justen Mushmom

Jul 2, 2017
    7:49 AM
    Beginner
    Isn't ToT spawn still F'ed up? Seems like half the mobs it used to be for me. So i can't still talk about the portals effectiveness

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Knighthatzi

Knighthatzi Slime

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Melbourne, Australia
    8:49 PM
    HatziS
    Bishop
    I was talking regardless of the mobs, the fact the teleporters for one have made it more time consuming to do a rotation, yes it its only maybe legit 2 seconds but over a grind session it equates to lost EPH, i tried it before and got 21m per hour, its basically half of what i was getting before hand but doing the new rotation also impacted it cause my muscle memory makes me over step the portal and waste time going back lol

• Agree Agree x 2