1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sku's MULTIQUEST [Concluded?!]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Feb 1, 2021.

1. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    11:31 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Why stop at 2... you have 2 more limbs to use.

669634643028606998.png

Feet control when.

(also good to see you still doing ok sku! 719339730654986241.png )

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:31 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    The Big Break
    Days 11-14 (Feb 9th - 12th)
    Playtime to date: 10 hrs, 55 mins

Yo! A pivotal event has taken place in the lives of our young heroes that I'm eager to share with you all.

[​IMG]

Like I said, I've been farming some easy card sets as a slow but reliable way to reach Lv30 without burning through any of the really solid quests. Mushroom Garden has been a great map for both of our dudes to fight in at the same time, with Skulu on bottom and Skumu up top. Here I managed to max out Orange Mushrooms, Shrooms, and got to 5/5 & 4/5 on Red Snails.

[​IMG]
    Then came our first big break... a 3 att PAC from common gacha!!
    SKU.EXE NEVER DIES
    OnionMuhaOnionMuhaOnionMuha

[​IMG]
    I'm rather lost on market prices right now, so I went ahead and owled PACs then put ours at the lowest market price. Easiest 20m of my life. We rich now. SlimeShocked

[​IMG]
    Having so much meso to burn means a big fat SHOPPING SPREE!
    First thing I picked up was Maple Weapons for the impending Level 35. Both of our characters will only be able to use statless weapons for a long while due to INTlording, so these are far and away the best options.
    The Maple Claw was the most expensive purchase at 7mil. Pricey, but it was literally the only one on the entire market. The bow was only 1.3mil, thank heavens.

After that I picked up two 8att Yellow Markers for ~2mil each. Holy cow, att gloves have gotten cheap.

I still had some cash to burn so I also nabbed a 12luk bathrobe for Skumu for less than 2m, and made a 10dex robe for Skulu with NPC scrolls (380k total in materials). These will serve well for many levels to come.

[​IMG]
    It doesn't stop there, though! I grabbed 7x each of 100% NPC scrolls to power up our trashy beginner claw and bow. It will only be for 7 more levels, but +7 att is no joke.

[​IMG]
    Ilbis have gotten piss cheap in the past year, holy. I was able to get ten of em at 350-400k per. An easy +4 att for Skumu.

[​IMG]
    +4 att for Skulu too, now that he's sporting an inexhaustible pile of Red Arrows from Showa.

[​IMG]
    One spending spree later, our dudes are ARMED TO THE TEETH and ready to roll out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second job awaits. We should have an easy cruise to 35 too, with all the good quests I've been hoarding. Until then! SlimeWink

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Pogchamps Rising
    Days 15-16 (Feb 13th - 14th)
    Playtime to date: 16 hrs, 47 mins

Hey! Had myself a bit of a power weekend so I reckoned I'd do a quick progress update before we get too far behind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An easy ride to 30. The second job advancement was pretty fun - I wish I had a screenshot, but basically I was able to have Skulu stand in one spot and snipe for his 30 marbles while I focused mainly on getting Skumu her 30. Simultaneous advancement!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Level 30 means Ariant/early Magatia quests for an easy 4 levels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just like that, 35. Now's where the REAL pogging begins.

[​IMG]
    Our little dudes may have over 100 INT already, but Maple Weapons are NOTHING to mess with. Stumpy gets chopped down for another easy level.

[​IMG]

Speaking of, I've already managed to gach a few decent scrolls so I picked up Skulu's level 43 bow. You never know when these things will disappear from the market - I reckon now is a better time than any.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now THIS is progress. Things are coming along nicer than I ever expected. SlimeGrin

Skill builds
    • I rushed 6 booster ASAP on both characters. Everyone should do this, it makes life so much easier.
    • For Skulu I'll be maxing Bow Mastery first, then probably Arrow Bomb for grinding potential
    • For Skumu I'm thinking max Haste ASAP will be the play because I already spend so much time dodging around enemies to escape from punching range. Being a party buff, it will also save significant time on running around delivering quests.
    Upcoming goals
    • As far as gear goes, we're set for a good while. Our little pogchamps will eventually need their Lv64 weapons (Maple Kandiva Bow/Maple Skanda). Not looking forward to buying a Skanda because you know even an average one is gonna be 10m+. SlimeSweat
    • Before that, we'll be aiming for a pair of shiny new Zhelms at Lv50. So I'll need to be saving up for those. Deputy Stars would be nice too for INT, but aren't immediately necessary.
    That's everything for now. Have a good one!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    YETIBOT ENGAGED - All Systems Go!
    Days 17 - 23 (Feb 15th - 21st)
    Playtime to date: 22 hrs, 14 mins
    [​IMG]

Oh? Feet, you say? SlimeShocked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    First off, I managed to find a cheap yet decent Kandiva for Skulu when he hits 64. That means:
    Maple Bow
    Maple Soul Searcher
    Maple Kandiva Bow

He's got every weapon he'll need until Lv120 secured. Good stuff!

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile, our little dudes completed a couple extra quests and bummed around a bit at Teddies, but nothing too exciting. Until...

[​IMG]
    A new challenger approaches!
    Remember how party grinding without HS sucks butt? Well, I just did.

[​IMG]
    Boosting this dude up was no trouble at all with a little bit of funding from Skulu. Believe it or not, playing a character that isn't totally unfunded and gimped by 120 INT is actually pretty easy. And not just easy, it's fun too!

So Yetibot was able to beast his way to Lv37 in record time, whereupon he discovered his true purpose... to be a loyal grind slave! It all begins at GS1, and YES. I AM GRINDING A LEVEL 37 CLERIC AT GS1 (I SWEAR IT'S VIABLE!)

[​IMG]

SO, here's an artistic rendering of our current setup.
    PC: Assassin (the most technically-involved character currently)
    Laptop #1: Hunter (one button hero aka bomberman)
    Laptop #2: YETICHAD aka YETIBOT aka The Future HS Master.
    YES. I AM GRINDING A LEVEL 37 CLERIC AT GS1 WITH MY FEET WHILE I TRAIN TWO OTHER CHARACTERS SIMULTANEOUSLY (I SWEAR IT'S VIABLE!)

SwordnBoardSwordnBoard happy?

[​IMG]
    Ah, Monkey Forest II. A beloved map of every Hunter who actually grinds.
    That's right, you can actually shoot a bow and arrow to level up - instead of donning a wand and bathrobe and napping on a rope while a bored wizard rains down armageddon all around you for hours on end - but that's beside the point!

What you have here is my glorious setup put into practice. Monkey Forest II is a map where Skulu can really shine with his Arrow Bomb that smacks three platforms worth of monkeys. Skumu doesn't do too bad either, with her stars being able to snipe at least two platforms from any given position. The drops are fair, the EXP is pretty good, and most importantly...

...such a rhythmic, mechanical map perfectly complements the addition of another character: one who's not even in the party. While Assassin and Hunter smack monkeys in the forest, Yetibot stands upon the stairs of the faraway Ghost Ship 1, diligently toiling away at his own mission.

Some players pass by and laugh at him. After all, his middling Heals most often miss their mark, and even when they do manage to connect, they often hit for just 1 damage. "Lmao," a passing Bishop muttered while teleporting by on his way to sell leech. But Yetibot was not discouraged. Indeed, Yetibot is never discouraged. He will see his mission through no matter the odds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thus it continues! Next stop: hopefully Level 50, some decent gach, and a pair of Z-helms. See ya. SlimeWink

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:31 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Beautiful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    SkuireSkuire next time James will ask for what are you doing with other foot... time for discord foot writing skills, so you can #ppl2pass and social on discord

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Rainily

Rainily Red Snail

Feb 22, 2021
    Male
    Rainily
    Cleric
    Tavern
    This is incredible. Soon you'll be soloing PQs SlimeGrin

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    5:31 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    I have a crush on Yetibot

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motto is a genius, just posting this here for others to see.
    DISCORD CONTROLLER MULTIMETA 2021

• Like Like x 1
  10. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I cannot believe you decided to make a Bishop (though given they only use one button for [excluding buff macros]grinding i suppose its not too hard)

695593778207260732.png Im so proud of you Sku.
    You are a true pillar of this community.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    3:31 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    What are some things you like/dislike about controlling multiple clients at once as opposed to just 1?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    This man is taking notes so he can setup every mule store at same time

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Great question!
    • Greater technical involvement. Manipulating 2-3 characters requires more skill, planning, & dexterity
    • It's more fun to control two wet noodle characters than to be swinging away at mobs with just one
    • Higher efficiency = I feel like I'm getting more out of my time (more meaning = more enjoyment)
    • I get to build and design styles for multiple characters
    • Less obsessive concern about intense minmaxing, more productive planning for overall gameplan
    • GREATER MEME POTENTIAL
    DISLIKES
    • Far more demanding. Gameplay is less relaxing, more involved
      • I can't play this way for too long. Currently, with three setups, 2 hours at a time seems to be the upper limit of my endurance
    • Brain lag between setups can lead to frustrating moments, ex: "where the hell is my potion key??" then you die SlimeSweat
    • Logging in a bunch of accounts is especially annoying right now because of the mandatory PIN entry
      • Sucks big time too when everybody gets disconnected at once due to a home network issue
    • Less emphasis on mastery over a single class, instead opting for simple, easy solutions
    • Less sense of adventure, more 'Point A to Point B'

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    I, YETI
    Days 24 - 45 (Feb 22nd - Mar 16th)
    Playtime to date: 84 hrs, 39 mins

[​IMG]

Ohhhh, ok. Two feet. Got it. SlimeWink

Hey guys. I procrastinated a while on putting out this update, but here it finally is!
    TODAY: find out how we are achieving NEW LEVELS OF GAMEPLAY in MapleLegends!

Meet The Help
    Remember how I said that Yetibot would be the only "mule" in this quest? An absolute lie. In fact, I've got a whole new CLAN of Yetis to introduce to you. In order of greatest level, here we go:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

YETIBOT, the prototype.

You are likely familiar with the adorable Yetibot from his appearance in the last entry. He arrived at Ghost Ship as a weakling Lv37 Crook Cleric, now he's running the whole operation as a Lv72 Boss.
    Ever steadfast, he continues on his long journey to Lv81 (and beyond?)
    Yes, he's a level 72 Cleric. What job advancement? SlimeXD

• Healing ghosts
    Favorite food: [​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    YETIETTE, second generation Yetibot. Best friends with YetiMD.

• Healing ghosts
    [​IMG]
    YETIMD, second generation Yetibot. Best friends with Yetiette.

• Healing ghosts
    [​IMG]
    ROBOYETI, third generation Yetibot. A sleeker build and rechargeable battery pack allow for vastly improved fighting power. He can't heal though. OnionMuha

• Surfboards
    • Dragons
    Favorite food: [​IMG] /[​IMG]

SO -- you've met the new Yetibots, but you may still be wondering how this whole mess comes together. In that case, I humbly present to you a brand new artistic rendering of my current setup:

[​IMG]

One PC, three laptops.
    MAIN - Main control, the character that requires the most technical input.
    SUB - Requires some fine control, but less than main. Usually can rely on one key to do everything.
    AUTO (1&2) - Requires only one key and thus can be operated by spamming the spacebar with a well-placed FOOT. Maneuvers such as walking and feeding pets will usually require input to the main laptop keyboard.

Simply put, this setup ensures that I am almost always playing 4 characters simultaneously (minimum 3). That is, if you consider GS2 healspamming as "playing."

The only issue with GS is that you need to move your clerics slightly left or right every one minute, otherwise your Heal stops hurting anything. Currently, I've been using Level 6 Booster (60 seconds) on Skumu/Skulu/Roboyeti in order to time this out. We can't keep Booster at 6 forever, so I'll eventually need to come up with another solution.

-----

Oh, and DO NOT THINK you've seen all the Yetis yet. As we speak, I am still hunting for the ultimate in Yeti technology.

OK, so I got carried away making alts, mostly because the vday event GM buff basket has been tremendously helpful in leveling them up. But back to our main heroes:

[​IMG]

Each new character means a new opportunity to exploit some good quests! I did:
    • 3x Olaf questline (MapleStory Basic Knowledge) - 3x shoe jump 30%
    • 3x Sakura Orange Marble - 3x shoe jump 30%
    • 3x ReVersal questline (Elpam Gorlab in NLC) - 3x Gloves for Att 70% (!)
    TOTAL: ~38m in scrolls!

[​IMG]

Grinding to Lv50 at Monkey Forest II was surprisingly tolerable - no doubt due to Basket GM buffs. Skumu started to lag behind a bit in EPH and level, but nothing serious. Arrow Bomb smacks these dudes so Skulu had to come down often and help with spawn overflow.

[​IMG]
    All that extra funding from scrolls finally afforded us a pair of Zhelms! Skulu's is okay, Skumu's sucks butt, but it's a zhelm so whatever.

[​IMG]
    High time for a set of new looks. How are they? SlimeBlush

[​IMG]
    Zupins were starting to get pretty slow, and thus I sought out new training grounds. For any training spot, we need something spammable for one character (Skulu) and simple enough for Skumu to do her thing. Eventually I settled on Roids.
    Skulu can stand in one spot and continually blast a decent mob. Skumu does her best to clear the map's left side and to aggro the right side Roids to blasting range when Skulu can't quite reach them. All in all, a nice rhythmic map like Zupins - perfect for simultaneously manning two Clerics at GS. SlimeEvil

Skumu was pulling ~850k eph while Skulu got over 1mil. On basket, of course. SlimeSweat

AND NOW, some gear upgrades:

[​IMG]
    A pair of dep stars for the homies.

[​IMG]
    Some claw upgrades for Skumu. The Bracer was an impulse buy (it was a 25att 6slot for 1m - scrolling didn't amazingly) but +4att from Mapleclaw is a decent upgrade I guess.

[​IMG]
    This is mostly for Roboyeti's accuracy. Scrolled it myself from a +5/9slot!

[​IMG]
    Oh yea, I also got two 10att Green Mittens at 8.5m each.
    [​IMG]
    At this point I'm pretty much just spamming INT. I might start MP washing pretty soon depending on how much I feel like punishing myself. These guys will need some power to make it to 4th job though, so I won't go 100% pepega.

[​IMG]
    So I should have mentioned this earlier in the update, but YetiStop Inc has been POPPING OFF in the Valentine's ETC industry. At Ghost Ship my Clerics have been getting so many Dark/White Chocolates, Heart Boxes, and Ribbons from the Vday event that you can see I've dedicated UP TO 6 FM SHOPS for selling them all.
    Profits have been positively tremendous. SlimeAngel

GOALS GOING FORWARD
    • More Yetis?
    • GET YETIBOT TO 81 for PERMA HS.
    • Get ROBOYETI to MAX ROAR
    • Get Skulu & Skumu to mid 3rd job (Skulu can GS farm once he gets decent AR)
    • Figure out how the heck Skumu will reach 120 semi-efficiently (sins r hard)
    • Plan for the great card hunt
    Updates will hopefully be more frequent from now on. Happy mapling, maplers!

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    are you okay?

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is the greatest journal i've read on the forums to date.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think you have a 5th appendage you can use ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. naice

naice Slime

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    6:31 PM
    shopify
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is glorious. More updates please :D

19. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Mini-Update: Yetibot's Graduation Bash
    Days 46 - 59 (Mar 17th - Mar 30th)
    Playtime to date: 104 hrs, 58 mins

Yo! Quick mini update here. The grind has been progressing slowly for the past couple weeks, but some cool stuff did happen!

[​IMG]

I could talk about how Team Yeti is generating A LOT of gacha tickets over at Ghost Ship, but this image speaks for itself. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    As for my raffled chaos scroll... no excuses, just classic Sku.EXE

[​IMG]
    Remember our Yetibot? Countless hours of diligent healing at Ghost Ship have transformed him into a TRUE Priest (Lv81!!)
    Grinding is about to get a LOT easier. Everybody give this little pogchamp a pat on the back for all his hard work.

[​IMG]
    Upon Yetibot reaching Lv81, I gave our three clerics leave from Ghost Ship duty to do two pet quests:
    1. Trainer's Command (3 pets quest)
    2. Kenta's Advice (pet speedup quest)

It cannot be overstated how drastically both of these quests will improve your pet looting performance. Our Yetis can now stand on the stairs in Ghost Ship and loot 90% of important drops without ever stepping away. Getting one pet on the top & one on the bottom requires only a few seconds of setup (a technique I'm still studying and working on perfecting, as pets do like to randomly fling themselves and teleport which can spoil your setup from time to time).

[​IMG]
    Kinda unrelated, but this is so crazy that I need to show it off. Here are my Audible listening stats for the past few months. I got some true-wireless earbuds (Bluetooth, no cords) and ever since then my listening horizon has broadened TREMENDOUSLY. +1 recommendation.
    Currently I'm finishing off the second book of Joe Abercrombie's Age of Madness trilogy, which has been thoroughly entertaining. Can't wait for the finale this September (or whenever the audiobook version releases).

That's it for now, but expect a major YETIQUEST update coming soon.
    Hint: it involves more Yetis. SlimeWink

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  20. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    bloody hell.jpg