1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with HP wash

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Tom1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    1:12 PM
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Hello guys,

I need some help and suggestions with HP wash.
    I'm assassin level 69, put all my fresh AP into INT already, I know I should have put fresh AP into HP.
    How much HP can I get using fresh AP and how much HP can I get using MP?
    The question is, should I make a new character or I can keep this way and start using fresh AP into HP right now?
    How much HP will I lost keeping this character?

2. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    I think I have found an answer.
    Fresh AP into HP is 16-20.
    Using MP into HP is 16 flat.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Can anyone tell me what is the base MP I start with as a thief or at level 30 after job advancament?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    7:12 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    You're correct, fresh AP gives you 16-20 and "stale" AP (AP obtained from a reset) gives you 16.
    What you're looking for is referred to as "minimum MP"; you can check this by using the #bot-channel in the MapleLegends discord. Enter "$washes <class> <level> <base MP>", where base MP is your character's current MP, excluding any +MP equips. You can find your base MP by either
    1. unequipping everything,
    2. opening an AP reset and using the number displayed beside MP, or
    3. logging into the website, and under account details, using the number displayed in brackets for your character's MP.
    So for instance you might type in "$washes thief 69 1000". The bot will respond telling you how much excess MP you have, and how many HP washes you can get from it (which is excess MP divided by 12). For example, if it says you have 3 washes available, you should put 3 fresh AP into HP, then buy 3 resets and use them to do -MP and +LUK/DEX/INT/STR.

This really depends on your HP goal. You can view important HP thresholds here. Keep in mind that you can also get HP from equips: 1k from tier 10 ring, 300 from blackfist cloak, 300-450 from pets (depending on scrolling luck, could be more/less), and 300 from a Mark of Nairicain. I recommend that you aim for 9.5k, as you should be able to do every boss provided that you dodge certain attacks. This comment by AioriaX explains this well.

Once you've decided how much HP you want, I would look into this guide on low INT and late HP washing to decide how you want to proceed.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Wow thank you so much for the comprehensive answer!
    I've seen people streaming with 13k-14k hp at very high level.
    Is there any special method to get to that amount of hp or using fresh and stale ap will do the job just fine?
    I have so much nx so this isn't a problem for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    4:12 AM
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Hi Tom!!! I wouldn't worry about getting 13-14K HP unless you're aiming for achieving level 175+. That said, people usually do MP washing before HP washing to achieve their ultra high HP goals.

The MP washing mechanic is as follows:
    1. Level up with INT gear + MW20/30
    2. +5 MP = Pump 5 fresh AP into MP
    3. -5 MP, +5 LUK = Use 5 AP resets to remove MP to input into your base stats (LUK)
    This gives you higher MP, which you could then put into HP:
    1. With DRODS bot in any ML Discord server, you could type "$washes thief <level> <MP without equips>" to determine how much excess MP you have
    2. -1MP, +1HP = Using stale AP, you could continue to reset MP into HP ~almost~ infinitely (not really)
    If you have a super high HP goal, you would begin MP washing with every single fresh AP from now on. I hope this makes sense!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    10:12 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Remember the mp wash formula is (base int / 10) -2

7. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Will I be good with just MW10?
    Just so I can understand, the MP wash is for high level, when I don't have anymore excess MP?
    Will this method work at low level but with high base INT?
    How much MP can I get from using a fresh AP into it?

8. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Just to make things clear, I wanna put all fresh AP into INT, I have more than 300 base INT right now and +100 INT equips.
    So with that said, should I start put fresh AP into MP and then reset MP into INT?
    And I say again, NX is not a problem for me.
    How much MP do I gain from fresh AP?

9. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    7:12 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    MP washing is used when you want more excess MP on top of what you get from just levelling up with INT. When you MP wash, you add 1 AP into MP (fresh or stale, doesn't matter), then use an AP reset to remove 1 AP from MP. The net effect will be a gain of [(BaseINT / 10) - 2] excess MP. Example: with 140 base INT, 1 MP wash (+1 AP into MP then -1 AP from MP) will give you 12 excess MP. 12 excess MP is needed for 1 HP wash, so with 140 base INT, 1 MP wash will allow you to do 1 extra HP wash. Another example: with 80 base INT, 2 MP washes will allow you to do 1 extra HP wash.

300 INT is more than enough for any reasonable HP goal, so unless you're going for 30k HP you should be good to stop putting in INT. What's your HP goal? And how much NX do you have that it's not a problem O_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    300 base is a lot of int, like that's how much you put if you want to reach 20k+ HP. If you go 5 levelup ap -> mp, then 5 ap resets to go mp -> luk, you'll gain 140 mp every level from mp washing. From int/gear you'd get another 40, putting the total mp gained per level at 180. If you do that for 80 levels you'll get 14400 more MP, which can be converted into 19.2k more hp, probably leaving you at roughly 25k at the end. It's sort of excessive to go that far so you could probably stop much sooner.

First step is to get a ton of MP
    1: level up
    2: put 5 ap into mp
    3: buy 5 ap resets
    4: use 5 ap resets, -mp +luk
    5: repeat this every level until you're happy with how much mp you have

When you have a ton of mp, you can begin converting mp into hp
    1: level up
    2: put 5 ap into hp
    3: buy as many ap resets as you can afford
    4: use 4 ap resets, -mp +luk
    5: you now have 1 ap in the hp/mp tank
    6: go -mp +hp with the rest of your ap resets
    7: with your last ap reset, go -mp +luk

You now have a massive hp pool

Reset your int, -int +luk, which can either be done after you have your mp pool or after you convert your mp pool into an hp pool

Depending on how much mp you have, you can continue to add your levelup ap into hp, then go -mp +luk

Let's say you do the first part from 70-120. This will get you a total of 9,000 mp and will cost 250 ap resets(775k NX).

At level 120 you decide you have enough mp, and can begin the conversion. Let's say as an example that you have 2 million nx lying around for conversion, you can afford 645 ap resets so that means you can convert 7740 mp into hp. After thousands of clicks you'll end up with an extra 10.3k hp on top of whatever you already had. You'll also have extra mp for future washing and still have the int to collect more if you choose to.

Personally I don't think it's necessary to go that far, but the option is open. I don't think any ranged characters with more than 12k hp have many concerns or regrets, at that point all content in the game is open and it's just a matter of comfort.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    MP washing is not only for high-level players. The sooner you MP wash, the better (since it'll yield higher excess MP and thereby higher HP).

Honestly, you don't need to put anymore fresh AP into INT. More than 300 is excessive. Even 300 is excessive, in my opinion. My NL 16X has 165 base INT (~320 with equips) and is at around 13.5K HP with MP washing. That said, if you're gunning for 30K HP then go for MP washing with fresh AP, then resetting those AP into INT.

12. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Thank you guys for replying!
    Just to say, I have over 6M NX and my goal basically is try to wash as much as I can.
    I'm sorry but I still don't get the MP wash method, because if I put fresh AP into MP, I'd lose the potential of fresh AP into HP, which gain more HP, right?
    Let's say I make a new character, when should I start to use MP wash and is this basically the best way to gain more HP?
    My biggest question which I don't understand, how much MP do I gain per 1 fresh AP?
    As Alyosha suggested, I will do the following:
    1: Level up.
    2: Put 5 AP into MP.
    3: Buy 5 AP resets.
    4: Use 5 AP resets, -MP +INT.

According to Alyosha method and the one I mentioned, can I start doing this at level 30 or I should start doing this at least with base 140 INT?
    I just don't get this one thing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    With 300 int you gain 28 mp for every AP put in and taken out. With 310 int, 29 mp. Every 10 is another 1 extra mp.

MP washing is the only real way to get an absurd amount of hp like 30k. It's impossible to have enough mp otherwise. And 6 million nx will probably get close to 30k, it's probably only a bit more. Follow the first part and eventually you'll find that you have more than 20k mp. After getting that far, it's pretty difficult to mess up

With your current set up you could reach 30k hp by level 180 or so. With more int probably by level 160. You can continue to add more int if you want, but at this point the only thing it changes is the level at which you reach 30k hp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Thank you very much, now I get this!
    I will definitely make a new character and challenge myself!

Thank you all for the help!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Ultimately, MP washing will give you way more HP than you can get from HP washing alone. More MP = more HP washing available. Fresh vs. stale HP washes are negligible once you get sooooo much more excess MP from MP washing.

Good luck!!! SlimeAngel

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    I see, Thank you very much! :)

17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:12 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Can you post your Stats from game?
    I want to know :

LVL
    HP
    Base MP (no gear)
    Base INT
    Equip INT

18. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Thanks for replying.
    I decided to go with a new character, right now I don't have access to the game but I could post this information later today.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Tom1

Tom1 King Slime

Feb 15, 2021
    Male
    LegendsForum
    Beginner
    x
    Level 69.
    1973 base HP.
    2749 base MP.
    327 base INT.
    102 INT equips at level 30. 105 INT equips at level 65.

20. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:12 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Im a bit confused for, Is this even possible that, who voted more than 2+ years on this server (considered full combo of streak) has forum account just made few days ago and has enough mesos to buy leech ~69 till pumping ints and +100 gear ints, without single idea for washing at all.

Jesus. Wth u did.

• Funny Funny x 1