1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Delete hp, mp washing system and forbid multiclient

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paladin, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paladin

paladin Slime

Apr 17, 2020
    5:54 AM
    Warrior
    Im paladin123, played this game for about one year and I suggest that maplelegends should delete hp, mp washing system and forbid multiclient.

By deleting washing, we can grow our new attackers without any worries like how many int do I need and how many vote cash do I have. It also disturbs newbies to make range attackers and it is bad point that giving new players heavy worries. Without washing, we can put ap in our main stat and can enjoy party quest or party grinding, no duty of buying leech. It is a real freedom from int swamp.

Forbidding multiclient reduces mage leech and encourages party playing. If getting rid of mules, other real players can replace those spot. It makes both boss and grinding more active with real human beings, not empty beings.

I wish maplelegends is not a game doing many clients at the same time but only one client with other real players.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:54 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I remember even when multiclienting wasn't supported officially in ML, I multicliented like hell in various ways and even wrote a guide about how to do that bcz of too many questions around about it.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-multiclient-ml-using-vmware.9504

That's what human do. Forbidding multiclient just make gap between who knows how to bypass it, and who doesn't, just bigger. And that's why staff team started to support multiclienting in official.

Would be better to suggest 'ban when someone does multiclient and gets caught for it' for your goal - 1 character, 1 player. Since, blocking it, just make us to bypass it, and we know very well how to do it. Actually I know another pserver which bans player if someone does multiclient in any methods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    1:54 PM
  4. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yup this is it guys. Burn it all down. We have found our prophet and his IGN is paladin123.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:54 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Put a cooldown on Mage Ultimates, nerf Shadow Shifter by 80%, nerf Berserk to only working below 25% hp, make Time Leap not work on Echo/Res, make Hurricane alt-tab mechanic go away.

Also, make the server 0.3x exp and nerf all scroll chances by 50%.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    5:54 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    So, it was talked about before. Forbidding multiclienting will just bring another polemic, thats the people that have access to diferent kinds of network/pc will be able to do it so the server pseudo turns on a pay2win server which its out of the premise of maplelegends. so the multiclienting ban really need a huge rework so i dont think its going to be considered at all. also multiclienting was banned in bosses before and it got reverted cause this reason.

To delete hp washing, its needed a rework on the damage of all bosses cause maple was this way on its prime. im not in favour of the HP washing but its needed for endgame bossing. anyways staff has worked on way to make this issue better to deal with hp items and rings. so really i dont think its a good deal to say this thing over and over. in addition HP washing gives the character more lifespan. finishing the character too fast makes the server overall easy and the player base will just go down cause ppl gets bored. if you want to blame some1 about hp requeriment, the ones to blame are neckson/wiwet (nameskek) who designed the game this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:54 PM
    DMsRebirth
    no

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is such a hilarious case of irony.

We want to remove washing to play a game in a nostalgic way (even though washing is part of what the game used to be and thus, nostalgia)

In order to remove washing (a nostalgic aspect of the game we so desire to play) we seek to rework bosses (to deal less damage?) and thus make the game far from what it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This game would suck without multiclient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:54 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Unfortunately threads like this one only end up attracting die-hard "multiclienters" / leech sellers.

I too wished for ML to be free of those bad mechanics, but it is what it is and I try to enjoy it the best I can.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    4:54 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't mind HP washing to an extent. I feel the length of time required to get HP is excessive, but I am also making a character that is washing beyond what is actually required. I started as a shadower and did very minimal washing and was able to play my character and afford washing very easily. That being said, I am also bored of shadower and the classes I am most interested in playing require me to go a bit harder on int and wash for at least a good chunk of the time, and it does definitely ruin some aspects of the game. I don't have to do it, but if I want to be viable in end game bosses, I do.

But I agree that the staff are constantly adding different items to the game to add HP in different ways. Since I started playing, I have never been without an item that adds stats and HP. I always have at least 1 event item that is bonusing my character.

I think it should be important to promote a healthy and realistic amount of washing that is actually necessary for each class instead of some of the sweaty recommendations they receive. Also new players go into it looking like "I need to invest this much of my time to vote just to be viable" when in reality, they won't even necessarily reach the level they need that much HP in that amount of time, or still be interested in the game much past 120-150 anyway.

HP washing isn't all that bad once you actually plot out the amount of time to get to the levels in which you need that much HP, and the amount of time invested to get decent gears, etc. People are too quick to recommend new users to heavy washing when they should just be playing what is comfortable to them. Most users won't get to PB levels, especially on their first character. Level 1-120 doesn't take an extremely long amount of time either so if you mess up or change your mind on how you want to play, it isn't a huge time loss. We did 1-120 leisurely in a few months, doing roughly 1 level a day, sometimes 1 per few days.

Sorry I am kind of rambling here, and I also dislike the extent of cost for HP washing and length of time required as I stated above, but it doesn't fully ruin the game. The investment is worth it to an extent, its people who are pushing a try hard agenda that are the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I'm tired of HP washing threads. From now on they will be immediately closed.

• Great Work x 9
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.