1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GM Hosted Events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pepper, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    7:50 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Suggestion: Allow 5 minutes for people to join GM hosted event unless it is a limit x amount of players.

I don't know if it is just me, but a lot of the time when a GM decides to host an event I am in the middle of nowhere where I am not close to the 1 NPC in my region to be able to join. I leave what I am doing and get to the NPC just to see that the event has already started because it was given 1 maybe 2 minutes to allow players to join.

This is really frustrating for me, because not only have I lost the opportunity to participate in an event, I have now lost my map and have to travel back to where I was to continue what I was doing. The GM announcements do not even state how long we have to join.

upload_2021-2-22_22-30-2.png

There was no opportunity given to allow players to join. I literally logged into my main character and it was already started.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:50 AM
    Well, he is still a GA and could have forgotten about it, although Scan was also there (I didn't go to event either)

They normally always give a timer on when its going to start, saying something like 5 mins or until the first 100 of people that join!

Its okay Pepper, there could be next time MapleF12

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 7.50.10 PM.png

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    j

I am posting mostly because this isn't the only time the event is announced and hosted too fast. It could be because they were a GA but again it isn't the only time. A common ground of 5 min unless otherwise stated would be reasonable when you have users who want to participate but you aren't giving them the chance to do so. Especially with the limited event npc locations.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:50 PM
    Moderator Post
    He says first 100 people to join. If it closed so quickly i can only assune... 100 came in. I am confused about the issue here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    We used to do "5 minutes to join" but as the server got bigger and bigger that would mean hundreds of players joining, the event crashing, and very unhappy players. Unfortunately due to playerbase size we have to limit the amount of participants as much as we'd like to provide the opportunity to everyone, it's just not possible at the moment ): I am sorry

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. cypepsi

cypepsi Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    12:50 PM
    DIamondback
    The only possibilty i can think of is to host 2 events on the same moment on 2 Channels ea. 100 People.
    Would make it way nicer, and should keep it smooth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    As nice as that sounds it might be stressful on the server and crash.. :/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    7:50 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think the GM event really do fill up pretty fast, 100 might really be a matter of 1-2 mins.

Anyway, since we are on the topic of GM events.
    Is it possible to plan for GM events ahead of time, and at a larger scale, like a 2-3 channels.
    It allows for player to join without having to scramble and drop everything whenever a event blue text came up.
    Maybe a 1 hour notice? or something something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Actually a 1 hour or even a 10 minute notice isn't a bad idea, I'll try that next time

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Hmm. If the GM Event, even with a 2 hour notice has a limited slot number, lots of people often will flock to the channel quickly, so it won't fix the issue.

Though, assuming if a GM event has no player limit, the suggestion of having the event on multiple channels is *subjective*, since from what I see, ML Staff host events at random times and not all the time (usually during a peak period when there are 2000 characters online maybe?).

Also, if a GM hosts an event, idk if other GMs are needed to assist since my last GM event which was Fitness/JQ, had about 3-4 GMs, can't remember who hosted but Nise, Scan, Views and Frisii were in it and that's with one channel. Though I am not sure about Ola Ola or other custom GM Events on ML. So you can imagine that 8 GMs (including Admin and Supervisors) need to be online if hosting the same event on 2 Channels.

So... to fix this issue... is again *subjective* based on what event is hosted, how many GMs available to host and how many players may join? Can't give a good suggestion though. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I didn't see the first message by scan, only the 2nd message as I was grinding and the 2nd message pushed the first one out the window.

12. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Changing the text color could be helpful too. Easier to miss blue text messages since it's usually so and so advanced to x Job or people getting married

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Another suggestion is do the first 100 people on channel 1. Then if another gm available, once that one starts do first 100 on channel 2?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    As I mentioned, a GM Event *probably* requires multiple GMs to supervise, so unless it's not required then it could work. But still, many players will flock to the NPCs.

So if 1 GM is only needed during the event, then I believe yes possible. But if multiple GMs are required, sadly none can be done unless all the GMs are online at the same time. :(

I am not so sure, but it seems kinda hard coded that a GM Message and etc will appear in the blue text since that's how Neckson/Wizet designed it and aren't using it as much as the ML Staff are now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    If you care about GM events that much, save the locations on your VIP teleport rocks or make a mule stationed in those locations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Shes HP washing, she needs the NX.

17. Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    GMs can actually host events by themselves but we've never attempted to host 2 events at once. Not sure if it would break anything but we can certainly try.

Yesterday I gave a 10 minute notice on fitness and I got 100 people in less than a minute. I guess it worked well forthose who saw my announcement haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Forumers: Maybe we can try to have GM events in more channels.

Pasta: NOOOOOOOOOO PLS DON'T, PLS DON'T BREAK ANYTHING

19. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    NX from event can be used to buy gifts, so it doesn't matter which character you get them from.

20. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Thats true but thats top 3