1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple Nostalgia Confessions Come talk to the Priest Free your Soul

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by applemaster, Feb 23, 2021.

1. applemaster

applemaster Snail

Dec 26, 2020
    4:00 AM
    MesosPesos
    Beginner
    Making this thread for fun just because i have so much nostalgia playing this server but also brings back guilty memories from when i was a like shitter 12 year old XD. So here you can post your deadly sins in my confession stand from when you were a kid. Ill start.... at the bright and smart age of 12 i was getting scammed left and right, so i decided if you cant beat them why not join them. I remember making a girl account decking it out with NX marrying a guy and taking him for everything he had. Account NX pin change. So pretty much like getting married in real life LOLs. Anyway i got many more confessions just starting out small, luckily by age 18 a conscious miraculously grew and i finally felt bad for my sins and guilty. What did i learn? When we are young we are so easily taught the wrong way. i got scammed over and over and learned their ways and became the evil i hated. Im 27 now and just looking back to 2008 when i was a shitter, wondering if anymore ppl like me lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Fortunately no, but glad you got around~

3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I remember playing during middle school in the early days of GMS and only got to like level 60 something. Then I got hacked one day, and stopped playing. I suspected one of my friends (for no good reason btw), and stopped talking to him. Haven't talked to him since. I kinda feel bad, BUT MAYBE HE DID HACK ME IDK.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fair Row

Fair Row Red Snail

Feb 2, 2021
    Male
    4:00 PM
    Beginner
    God damn the amount of "gfs" I had when I first started gaming... How many of these were middle aged men? Reminds me of the Habbo shutdown back in the day... Good times! :depressed:

5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    9:00 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I remember falling for the kerning city dupe scam. we were inside the kerning potion shop,

his mate was behind the pillar waiting.

I was a stupid 11 year old thinking he'd teach me how to double up my items. I was doubtful at first, so i just showed him a steely. at first he was like.. really? that's all you got? and i added the ilbi just to prove him wrong. Got scammed by drop trading ofcourse after pressing a certain set of keys while the trade window was up and the two items were in the trade window itself...

yeah. good times. :S

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:00 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I sold kerning city town scroll in Forest of Dead Trees map when El nath was just released and that was meta map for grinding.
    Shop name was 'Dead mine scrolls CHEAP'

[​IMG] Kerning while [​IMG]Dead mine.

Every morning after I got sleep it was easy mesos. Was survival tactics as child who can't ab00se credit card like today. haha.

Just a trivial episode among my tons of sins in my whole maple days D:

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I feel like we all learned some quality life lessons from maple. Like how to not fall for scams, and how to recognize dudes on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. FinitoBenito

FinitoBenito Snail

Jan 30, 2021
    Male
    3:00 AM
    Everyone in Maplestory got their start from other people's kindness. Giving mesos, items, tips, directions to who the fuck knows where, etc. The old school maple community reminds me of when my mother and I were homeless and we needed help to live (food, clothes, roof over our head). 100% the reason I ride with old school to the day I die.

Soooo I trusted my pre-bb lvl ~100 Wind Archer (Yellonde, smallest server represent) to my 2 friends, who I played with back in ~4th grade (21 now). One day I login to a nekid ass archer and see my account got wiped. My donkey-ass thought it was a keylogger not the ppl I literally gave my info to. Months later after big-bang I hit 120 (cap for cygnus + sweet-sweet hurricane) after a day of dojo and chillin in my hot-tub chair, I re-log to find my account had been straight banned. (word got around that I was a fish and a "friend" did the same to my runescape acc)

The 2 maplestory hackers admitted to it years later, but runescape guy pled the 5th like he got charged with a felony and made off with full rune armor and a few mil.

My never ending optimism for the life is forever mixed with an eternal burning rage.

9. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I remember tellling people to "swap wins" at CPQ and GSPQ and then scamming them. Then I'll tell them "we'll let you win 2x" and then scam again.

God damn mechanics were op.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Shoutout to Echo who hacked a gm account in Scania f3

11. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    I boomed my 5* 13x attack reverse pescas with advanced equip enhancement scroll back in gms because our scroll meme back in the day was 60% always fails and 30% always work and it happens alot.

I also wanted a 14x attack Dagger to9 but the scroll meme didn't work with advanced equip enhancement scroll. I felt so sad that my body is split in two after the loss of goodly scrolled reverse pescas.

12. Night Guy

Night Guy Red Snail

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    - People would use summoning bags on me in Henesys, near the Kerning City sewers
    - I would hide in the ship to orbis from balrogs
    - I would get stuck in sleepywood
    - The PQs would be so packed
    - Leveling to 20 and from 20 onwards was a pain
    - Didn't know about accuracy, the thought was just, STR = DAMAGE
    - Didn't like when I got the pumpkin hair
    - Monster Carnival was annoying af when people used "CANCEL WEAPON ATTACK"
    - Dropgame was the shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    Honestly for me it was just making new friends from all sorts of places. Making friends was so easy because we couldn't really be judged by how old we were, what we looked like, where we came from, what we do, who we are attracted to, etc. etc.

I remember being a hene-hoe, always running into people in Henesys Market and Henesys Potion Shop and spending time with my tight-knit guild "TEAMKAKASHL" (because TeamKakashi was already taken :unsure:). I hated training on mobs but eventually started learning training is fun when its with friends. I even had the odd "girlfriend" ;) here and there (lol... please don't make fun of me...:unsure:).

I will never forget those people who shaped my childhood and kept me from going insane with my loneliness. I had my some of my best laughs, worst cries and confessions with them. It sometimes felt like therapy to be honest. The old-school game was certainly significant portion of my childhood, which is why I am really happy to be able to relive my nostalgia by playing it again today.

14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:00 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I have no idea how many crimes I committed I should confess, to finally free my soul, but here's one more thing.

When leafre was released, there's grinding named 'sniping newt'.
    [​IMG]
    Like this. Usually, 3rd job archers/hermits/outlaws did that training and their HP was really low in general.
    because squid spawn wasn't great like ML is, for KMS 3rd job ranged classes, newt sniping was kinda only way to level.
    So that newt map was always crowded with 3rd job ranged classes.

One day I felt bored in endless skele grinding and came up with brilliant idea.
    So I made a booby trap on entrance portal of that map and started to collect death SS of poor victims who entered carelessly.

[​IMG]
    in 3 hours, I was able to collect like 20+ death SS of poor victims who just entered map w/o knowing this
    (and got tons of blaming in smega LOL)

good old days :S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trust me, maple was fun game, and still it is.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I first played maple when I was 13. My first mage was so poor that I couldn't afford even basic mana potions- so I would whack enemies with my staff when I ran out of MP or even sit down to let it regen.

So eventually I figured, adding STR made sense right? I could now whack pigs for so much more damage! So my mage had like 20 str at level 19.

Story doesn't end here. I got annoyed with missing enemies like Jr Necki, and I noticed an "accuracy" stat in the AP screen....so thinking I was very smart, I added DEX as well.

But that's still not it. I was dying a lot due to low hp and not being able to sustain mana. So I put AP into HP as well.

Man the days of gaming before internet walkthroughs, how did we do it

• Funny Funny x 2