1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Area bosses limited entry mini dungeons (Anego/Samurai/BF/

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Feb 25, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    1:39 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    active grinding at 5-6 even as a ranged is better exp than farming 2x bf 2x anego 2x samurai and 2x crow. It’s not about making the game easier. It’s just another way to gain exp and hangout with friends.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    12:39 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:39 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Going too faraway from authentic imo......

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    12:39 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Low level bossers already have 2x pap, 2x rav, 2x krex, 2x jiao, 2x cwkpq, and 2x zak daily. Don’t see a reason to add pretty custom content when we already have a good amount of options. I wouldn’t mind if this was done as a boss rush PQ instead of custom dungeons tho. Something similar to dojo or the summer 2020 event. Also I don’t think the 50m eph accounts for HS muling. Idk what the exp would end up being but it’s probably higher than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    i dislike the idea of a custom portal in an important map. I thought it could be like a hidden street so it doesn’t change how the maps looks. I agree that with party and hs eph might be better than 50m for strong attackers, but total exp won’t be more than that. Considering the time to go to each city and searching for ea dungeon i bet it’s not going to be more than 50m eph even with hs and duo.
    I dislike the pq ideia because one of the reasons i suggested this is more people visiting different maps.

7. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    We have 5 line strafe and many other custom features. cleave mid head and so on. at this point i don’t think too custom is a good reasoning. the true question is: is this going to maintain the old school experience?
    well, more people gonna kill nostalgic bosses and visit nostalgic areas without breaking the game in terms of eph.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. bloodmoonhow

bloodmoonhow Mano

Nov 7, 2020
    9:39 PM
    These kinds of bossing is actually one of my favorite parts of MapleLegends so I'd love to see it get some love or be more accessible. I don't think reducing the bosses to guaranteed dailies is the way to go though. A large part of my enjoyment is, for lack of a better term, the thrill of the hunt; Knowing that they're relatively elusive, sought after, and rare is part of the charm.

I vibe with the suggestion from another post of linking it with turning in etc materials, though I can't think of a clean implementation. Maybe there are area specific quests for each boss, but you have to go to a centralized area to summon a "shade" copy. It could be flavored as summoning the spirit of a boss for practice against the real thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    i like the ideia of etc quest. This would make more maps farmable but at the same time if etc to enter get too expensive it’s not going to be worth doing daily for exp. considering that bosses wouldn’t drop good equips like YSS

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Another alternative would be decrease the spawn times. This would make the bosses more accessible. You can also increase the spawn variation to throw off campers. Right now the variation is a bit too small.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think the spawn-centric aspect of regional bossing in this game is what should be questioned. Is it even a good mechanic to begin with?
    Obviously, longer spawn time exists to restrict over-accessibility, but things like Mushmom/Mano are only 1 hour spawns and they still get camped into oblivion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I feel like people gonna continue camping those mobs, despite of mini dungeon or quest to enter. Killing 10 anegos is better than killing 8, then campers/ area boss hunters won’t stop.

i think that reducing respaw would mainly mean more bosses for campers. more people might start to camp but the time loss searching for timers, disputing maps and so on won’t be enough to make those areas much more populated imo. I kinda like when i’m at 5-6 and then i see a group climbing the stairs to
    kill JC. Feels like the game is being played.
    Another important thing to remember is that back then at gms there was no mapowner rule so people could just KS war anegos and rush BFs into ranged. I feel like it was easier to see them there than here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    7:39 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I will be ecstatic if you just allow to force spawn quest bosses, they can drop nothing and give no exp! I needed more then 2 months to do the Fing pianus related quests it was HELL!!!! Kid Rock, Blue Mushmom quests are EVIL!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    IMO the appeal of these area bosses is in hunting them and meeting ppl along the way to fight them with. That's how I always did it, I've hunted quite a few of these over the years and I always party with other people who are looking for it. Locking into an instanced single-player map feels bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Squads would have another two of ea and continue hunting for the rest, while more people gonna visit the areas and create partys to kill them. Soloing is not going to be worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    12:39 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    ehh do we really get to meet ppl along the way tho?
    me tryin to hunt crow in the past has been disastrous. also when PB first release, many dodo campers that me and my friend came across doesn't wanna share it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    6:39 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This would actually make me do anego sometimes. I tried it before, but the toxicity around these area bosses is just nuts... It’s not a way of meeting people, it’s a way of growing hatred

• Agree Agree x 12
  18. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    10:39 PM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    Just give Anego her jump back. It'll make people actually work to hold a map and will cut down on multi-clienters.
    Either that or make a ToS rule where using an ALT to hold a boss map for your main is considered "Griefing" (which will never freaking happen).

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    Well untill 135 its basically just Pap and Ravana (unless you luck out on BF) and thats like 40% even with HS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    6:39 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    How do they transfer mapowner from their alt to their main anyway? Can't you just take the kill as long as you were there before their main and their alt isn't attacking?

• Agree Agree x 1