1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Pseudo-safe Spot in 7f

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by pharaoh, Feb 20, 2021.

1. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    6:53 AM
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I think we can all agree that 7f warranted a sizeable experience nerf given how broken it was for certain non-mage classes. However, I thought the unique aspect of 7f having a pseudo-safe spot in the middle was really healthy as it allowed a way for attackers to buff themselves while preventing afk leech.

I was hoping that this could be reimplemented. Currently it seems that most people are using mystic door as an alternative route but afaik there's no other training spot that necessitates this mechanic.

Any thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:53 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    well, if you dc or anything like that, you need to remake pt with the mule again as leader so the door work again because the door glitch at shaolin was never fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    1:53 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Safe spot is indeed needed but as for the spawn right now which is ridiculous low I don't see why even bother to train there.
    I would give up on small amount of exp and just go grind ToT which can give also good drops, and also do more HT for exp, more fun and also better chance to earn something out of it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I actually still find the post-nerf exp at 7F to be better than ToT. It's also still comparable to HT (and superior when accounting for the time it takes to make an elixir). I think it's fine that 7F generates more exp with the trade-off of having a worse drop table. I really don't mind the spawn nerf which I think was needed, to clarify again I am narrowing the scope of my suggestion and surrounding discussion just to the re-implementation of the pseudo-safe spot.

5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    3:53 AM
    Atem, my thoughts are to revert the spots but thats only because I'm a filthy leecher..

But if not oh well, it was good while it lasted XD

6. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:53 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I might also put as an reminder that you cant do ToT quest with a lv 83 HS mule. you either have to vip rock it or look for a bishop to help you. which its really a waste. I strongly support the pseudo safe spot idea. Every people that say that you should better go ToT need a rework on their ideas.

7. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I supported your idea and you are right, safe spot is needed.
    I tried grind yesterday duo with partner, we had GM buffs, the spawn is that low where I find my self sit and wait for 3 seconds doing nothing and wait for spawn.
    My point is either the safe spot is needed but 7f nerffed too much so I'm not sure how effective it would be to train there.
    Waiting for like 3 second for spawn after every kill make the thing really boring.
    So I do support your idea but I would like to use the stage to ask to buff it a little more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    RE Safespot:
    A safe spot would be nice to have, but not a must for training. Up until a year ago, 7F didn’t have any safe spots at all. The Valentines patch last year introduced an unintended client bug where a safe spot was created for specific client versions, and since then, safe spots came and went with updates. Without the existence of a safe spot, I was able to keep my HS mule in the map by letting the wooden fishes ping pong my HS mule left and right on the middle table, constantly taking damage. HP pots were funded by unagi drops in the map, and MP potions costed probably around 1m an hour.

A safespot definitely would be a nice QoL addition, but not having one doesn’t necessarily kill 7F and make it untrainable. As long as mules are able to retain a general middle location, 7F is still a solid grinding option.

RE exp:
    Tried out a basket grind today and got 68m eph (epm 5 test) on the left side. Drk partner on the right side was getting 63m eph. We were both consistently wave clearing everything. As a comparison, I was getting 75-78m EPH last event where we had 15% exp. The nerf sucks but I think it’s fine where it is. It’s still the absolute best EPH you can get in the game, beating out 6 and 10 man horntail. It’s still too early to tell if oblivion 4 could be a solid grinding spot due to the bugged spawns, but the new warps are interesting to say the least.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Just curious what's your class ?

10. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I went over to check (again) exp to see if I'm wrong as well as if my partner wasn't good enough
    I got 62m eph while he (bucc) got 60m.
    With the same partner I used to get 78 to 85m eph.
    But the quality of grind was nerffed as well, it's not just the exp.
    when you have to wait to the spawn it makes things more boring.
    I would suggest to expand 7f's mobs hp so they will have about more hp by 1.2 but keep the spawn as it was before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Corsair

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Agree that the exp nerf was warranted and that the exp is still really good and worthwhile doing. That's a good point- 7f has gone through many changes where people came up with different ways of buffing themselves. I do think the pseudo-safe spot was a healthier iteration overall than currently having to either re-door every 2 minutes or letting the mule constantly get hit by the fish. I can agree that leaving your mule to just get hit may allow you to continue training there, but I would argue that this nerf does not serve the purpose of a) reducing the experience rewards of 7f (again which were too high, and I completely agree that a 15% nerf was fine), or b) making 7f more challenging. All it does is add frustration and inconvenience, which I don't think is a healthy change overall. Might also be worth pointing out that even something simple like going to the FM for echo/pots or switching to INT equips are difficult now as you have to jump through a few extra hoops to catch your breath. In fact I actually cannot go into the FM or cc in 7f on my HS mule anymore unless my attacker is there to clear the fish that auto-aggros it as it will never catch its breath on its own.

Thanks for all the discussion so far, it's nice to hear other perspectives too (and I'll admit I didn't think of letting my mule just get hit while eating the minor potion costs- I'll have to try that myself later!).

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:53 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    AFAIK vip rocks dont work for ToT but i could be wrong. i tried it once back in the middle of 2019 and it said i couldn't warp there (from hs mule to me in one of the ToT maps locked behind the questline)

My mules are funded by all the power elixirs i dont use. haha. This was honestly what drove me to make a lvl 55 hb mule with 8450 hp pre hb and a lvl 97 hs mule with 12k mp. Because screw having to cc or leave the map for buffs. call me ineffective. kekw

I actually kind of agree to this, but i can see one potential downside, the tankier mobs might be abit too overpowered for shadowers with pickpocket on. (eventhough the pickpocket limit is 200 mesos or something, the tankier the mob = the more meso is generated). I mean.. i would assume it is a small issue considering that generating mesos via pickpocket is but a drip in the bucket.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I believe the safe spot was added back in the most recent optional patch so I'll mark this as accepted

• Friendly Friendly x 1