1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Valentines Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Feb 19, 2021.

1. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    11:07 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Ah, the classic ML forums situation where the person is no longer talking from logic but just stating opinions in absolutist terms, and pretending like they're some kind of revolutionary going against the system.

I think this is a pretty cut and dry "toxic funny react and move on" situation

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    12:07 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Why you re able to post? f3

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:07 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Can't hear the haters when I roll the tinfoil hat over my ears. Checkmate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Waeri

Waeri Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2017
    Female
    11:07 AM
    Waeri
    Bishop
    Vivid
    You do know there are other roles in government that also bring about change and that you don't have to be the president for changes to happen, right? lol You can join staff as a Balance Team member and do balancing things - no one is asking you to take up the full responsibilities as a GM, Supervisor, Admin just so change can happen.

As much as it is a meme, it is also a fact. There's no way that I can define this as I can provide the same example where this "unfairness" happens, aka at Cornians, while farming daggers and marrow for my HT prequest. Sometimes it can take me a speedy 10 minutes to find both quest items, while other times it'll take me 1-1.5 hours, and maybe sometimes even 2. There is no explanation to RNG, as much as even I would hope that there is. As for your Shanghai cards being released, there are bound to be bugs when things are first released. This is what where we as players come in to inform Staff of them and then for them to apply the changes to fix the bug. ToT has been out in MapleLegends since before 2017, so it's not new content, and seeing as even Staff themselves says they haven't touched PoT's drop rate (and it's not like the mobs just don't drop them at all, cause then that would 100% be a bug), I don't think this situation is the same as the Shanghai example you presented.

You say this as if you can no longer equip any other items beside the equip that was changed. Your character isn't disabled lol - I am sure there are other items you can wear for the time-being while you try to figure out/upgrade something new to wear. You just seem to be too stubborn to want to shift your mindset/desire to think that there is another item that can be equipped in the meantime (or even long-term) until you reach the level requirement. Some people choose to think more pessimistically about change (aka you saying it's devolving) while others see it as an opportunity to go a different route to possibly something better (aka me saying it's evolving).

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Suppose you kill 500 ToT mobs an hour and the droprate of PoT was 1/500=0.002. Then by the binomial distribution (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_distribution), the probability of receiving 0 PoT from 500 mobs is (1-0.002)^500 = 36.5%

Here's the entire distribution
    upload_2021-3-2_19-31-40.png

Killing 2000 mobs and not receiving a PoT is around 2%. There are people who land 4 30's in a row. You just happened to get that on your one grind session.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    now post ign

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    This does not make me feel better about getting 1 PoS from clearing 8k mobs T.T (all of memory and ice lanes combined)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    While I appreciate the math and reason, I would argue the rate of kills is low. Even the slowest single target attacker can kill more than the 1/7.2 seconds your calculation infers.
    I can't hear the reasonable arguments when you're attacking me.
    You're advocating I open myself up to further harassment in a place where it's harder to prove.

The first part is irrelevant to the argument I made.

A huge part of the reason why the cornian dagger is a meme is because the group that has the most trouble with it is new bishops, who are required at level 120ish to hunt it down with severely underpowered skills compared to the other groups that need the dagger. As a result, while the groups who can kill HT can get it in 5-30 minutes depending on the circumstances, but new bishops without their main skills, have to spend sometimes 40 minutes to several hours to get the same number of kills on average. I've card hunted there on 3 different characters, and never had real trouble getting the daggers to the point where they would expire on the ground, or I'd craft them and end up with a 5-8 stack by the time I finished with the cards, yet I've seen new bishops struggling there and helped them out. This is a completely different issue however, because generally someone will only ever have to do this once per day. You need 15 to craft even the smallest item (shoes / gloves / armor / meme hat).

Could you define how a character who's sold off their previous item because of their new item replacing it, and having to then buy a new one with money they may not have, is not disabling that character? Or a character having to buy a item that does not require a secondary stat because their item no longer can be equiped? Or they have to buy ap resets, just to reset that AP back when they get to 150? Or to have to buy leech the whole way from 120 (obviously not likely anyone does it at that exact level) to 150?

Whether it's a bug, a nerf, or bad luck, the reality is that that drop rate is a joke, and obviously I'm not the only person who's experienced such an issue no matter how much people insult me by claiming I'm a conspiracy theorist. Just remember, not all conspiracy theories are wrong just because the group in power claims they are. Look up the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Considering, however, the level of toxicity for simply bringing up concerns and responding with facts, and reasonable arguments, I think I'll most likely pass from involving myself in such a community again. It's sad, because when playing the actual game it's great, but once you get on the forums it's open season apparently. Glad to hear the spirit of GMS lives on somewhere I guess.

9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Then just plug in a different value for n. The quantity (1-1/n)^n -> e as n -> infty. It's essentially the same for 1k or 2k. I can kill like 3k/hr on my mage. I still get less than 1/hr. I think that's just a bad estimate.

10. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Aren't you the guy who cried a river about pally nerfs and asked for 75% nerf to staff splits?

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Who needs reasonable arguments when toxic funny is so much more fulfilling? It is an attack though

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    2020 and people are still comparing Sair’s boat damage to NL....... BOATS BREAK AND HAS COOLDOWN YOU PEPEGA

13. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    upload_2021-3-2_20-38-8.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Ohhhhhhhhhh it's that guy. The one who complained about needing to tank 2 hits from verga even tho he never did NT before LUL this explains a lot. The forum name changed so i didnt notice

15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:07 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    [​IMG]
    Tranalation : A man has a moment in his life, when he know himself will be REKTed but still must, to fight, which is inevitable, as a man.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Always wondered why this isn't brought up more. I remember when I first started playing and me and my friend bought INT gear together and I asked if we are allowed to log on to eachothers accounts just to swap the gear and was told we would get banned if we did by a GM. Short time later after watching a popular ML streamer, I watched him do this exact thing and asked in the caht if it was allowed and he said yes.
    Created a GM ticket shortly after referencing that event and just had the ticket closed with a response somewhere along the lines of "this is not allowed", no acknowledgement to my stream reference.

Have you ever made a constructive contribution to any thread, ever? Seems like every forum post with some discussion that involves an opinion disagreeing with staff you are there to post some stupid fucking reply with 0 value.

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    You were not targeted in this case though, you mentioned you and your friends wants to log onto each other's account to trade int gear, this falls under account sharing which is against the TOS. The maple streamer doing the exact same thing logs onto his own account right? It makes perfect sense that the streamer's action is allowed and yours isn't.

You could make a case where the GM could have asked you to read the TOS but I think this kind of stuff is just too common.....

18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    because it's funny to me lol

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I thought about the pally weapon 10 attack thing and I have to admit I was wrong and bringing the weps up to standard as a rationale makes sense although it feels weird

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1