1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Second Look: Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zeroxlr, Feb 27, 2021.

1. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    11:03 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    After much thought and considerations to address the issue of 'min maxing' of INT-Washing equips on Maple Island:

OnionGlass

An idea came to mind to mitigate the INT-Washing equips issue:
    All the items that are taken out of Maple Island Storage becomes untradeable once retrieved.

- Additionally: scrolls are unable to be taken out of Storage on Maple Island

- Additionally: Shanks will refuse to take the character off Maple Island if they accessed Maple Island Storage
    -- Shanks could say something like, "I told you not to open the Deadman's Chest (Treasure Chest). Now you're cursed by Davy Jones (Capt. Latanica), and can't set out on the open seas."

- Additionally: Storage is unlocked at +lvl30

:star: Upon Accessing Storage for the First Time:
    A Decision from Wizet Text Box appears: Yes/No options with a secondary confirmation Very-Sure/Rethink to access storage that details the above restrictions of Storage usage.

OnionGirlWow
    :heartbeat: Note :heartbeat:
    I'm very thankful for the time and care the GM, admins, and balance team have put into making things fun and enjoyable.

quote from attached picture:
    "We've discussed this internally and fair concerns were bought up

- If storage becomes available on Maple Island the issue of 'min maxing' of int equips and in general becomes even worse than it already is
    - We need to take more time to think of all the sceneries when such a thing gets added"

upload_2021-2-27_13-10-59.png

Storage on Maple Island Suggestion Thread:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/storage-on-maple-island.36458/page-13#post-254042

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Is the idea of sweatlords being able to get enough mp to squeeze in an extra 2-3 washes while on the island even so problematic as to warrant the necessity of such workarounds in the first place?

Such concerns seem more preoccupied with the idea of protecting the "purity" or "sanctity" of the island, for better or worse. I don't see the int min-maxing aspect to otherwise be a problem in and of itself.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    2:03 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Sorry but I personally don't like these changes and think storage as is should be implemented. If a storage with stipulations is actually being considered then maybe I'll look to discuss issues with that. CYNICAL ISLANDERS AYY!!!

I further more want to respond to the min max response that we couldn't respond to due to the thread being locked.

-We have blue maple bandanas (4 int level 0)
    -We have flags (2 int level 0)
    -We've had 30% scrolls
    -We've had numerous of events that have allowed smuggling that already gave people the ability to utilize better equips for washing on island

If the goal is just to include islanders more in events then we just gain more int gear on island or create more holes to be able to smuggle. Additionally I don't believe a player needs to use maple island to max out their stats. Either people are already washing to 30k or they have a specific hp/mp goal they are trying to hit. Legends has introduced lots of expiring int gear that lower levels/past players could use to min max, additionally you lowered the cape req from level 25 to 20 with a tradeable maple cape & have add 6 int to a level 10 green sock. HP gear/scrolls are have/are being added to the game, with plans to insert more hp.

MY ACTUAL POINT: I'm guessing the issue isn't min maxing at all but that Legends doesn't want new players to see people on Island trying to wash. Given you can leave the Island at level 7. You can only utilize a sword, a hat, and a level 5 shield for washing. If this is in fact the issue can we just bump up the level requirement of the level 0 & 5 hats to level 7, increase the wooden fence from 5 to 7, & increase maple flags from 0 to 7. These changes would have 0 impact on the game currently because the people who already have them are using them at level 7 anyway (the earliest you are allowed to leave maple island). This only leaves the one handed swords available to wash for the 6 levels you are on maple island, which would only add at max 8 int (assuming no islander actually has int scrolls from past events) to 6 levels if you have a perfect level 0 sword (which I'm guessing there aren't many of if one event exists as the meta is to just scroll the maple flags anyway).

Sorry if I'm missing anything/having anything wrong, I haven't played in quite some time & may be unaware of certain things existing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    STORAGE ON ISLAND!! <3
    Garfield Template.png

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ~ Lazy ~

~ Lazy ~ Red Snail

Oct 28, 2020
    Male
    LazySoup
    Islander
    Southperry
    Yeah I agree, I don't think min-maxing is a major problem itself because we've already seen many players cap out at 30k hp/mp.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    8:03 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Or, like the Mai quest for hair and eyes.
    Make storage usable after LVL 15.

Boom I solved the problem.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
    3.jpg

5head motto

• Like Like x 7
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    S> Maple Island storage service, pay me 500k and I move your INT items to the island for you and trade them to your noob

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    [​IMG]
    RUN FROM THE SMUGGLER, THE SMUGGLER IS HERE!!
    OnionF2
    (The smuggler)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Creative idea and I'm all for storage but it should be implemented without any restrictions. Legends as a server is already deep into the washing rabbit hole and it's better to just embrace that. People washing a few levels early for a very tiny amount of extra HP shouldn't be looked at as something negative but instead as a positive for those that want to wash early. However if staff don't want new players to see other people washing on Maple Island I think that the idea of raising the level requirement of 0 equips to 7 is a great idea. Since those that want to wash as soon as possible will leave Maple Island asap (lvl 7). :)

• Like Like x 10
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just wanted to let you guys know that staff haven't forgotten about you guys and this is still something that's on our radar and in discussion. :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • Like Like x 4
  12. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    3:03 AM
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    Totally support! The staff could make for us islanders an exclusively NPC that allow us to deposit our stuff. Not sharing the stash with offland, but just inside island.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    After looking over the potential concerns for washing on Maple Island, I’ve decided to calculate if that is true or not.

Whether Storage on Maple Island would require extensive restrictions or none, seems to hinge on the Washing topic.

To clarify the point of washing on Maple Island and Storage:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Scrolls for INT and Magic Attack are used for Washing that affects low level equips are ONLY helmets level 0, shields level 5, and one-handed swords level 0.

https://maplelegends.com/lib/

As shown in the maplelegends library:
    Capes start at level 20
    Overalls (with slots) start at level 13 (magicians only)
    Earrings starts at level 15
    Eye Accessory starts at level 30
    Gloves starts at level 10
    Wands start at level 8 (magicians)
    Staff starts at level 10 (magicians)

At level 7, people are allowed to leave Maple Island.
    That’s still a range of potential 108 to 113 worth of levels to Wash off-island, normally.
    Washing takes tons of mesos, especially good INT gear costs millions.

Good Stats of Washing Equips:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/comprehensive-hp-washing-breakdown.22948/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-guide.3409/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-wash-to-infinity.17229/

Helmet lvl0 – +14int
    Shield lvl5 – +8int
    One-handed Sword lv0 – +8int

Let’s Assume:
    Levels 1-5 = +22int on average
    Levels 5-7 = +30int on average

10 int per level = 1mp
    MP Loss:
    Warriors = 4mp @35stats
    Thief = 12mp @25dex
    Bowman = 12mp @25dex
    Magician = 90mp @20int
    Pirate = 16mp @20dex

Calculations of why Washing of Maple Island will NOT be a problem:

Warrior

Level 1 with 13/4/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword
    Level 2 with 18/4/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 3 with 23/4/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @1w
    Level 4 with 28/4/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 5 with 33/4/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword, then add +8 shield = 34int total @1w
    Level 6 with 35/4/7/4 = 37int total including +30helm, sword, shield @0w
    Level 7 with 35/4/12/4 = 42int total including +30helm, sword, shield @0w
    - then go off island

Thief and Bowman
    Level 1 with 4/13/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword
    Level 2 with 4/18/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 3 with 4/23/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 4 with 4/25/7/4 = 29int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 5 with 4/25/12/4 = 34int total including +22helm&sword, then add +8 shield = 42int total @0w
    Level 6 with 4/25/17/4 = 47int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @1w
    Level 7 with 4/25/22/4 = 52int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @0w
    - then go off island

Magician
    Level 1 with 4/4/13/4 = 35int total including +22helm&sword
    Level 2 = 40int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 3 = 45int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 4 = 50int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 5 = 55int including +22helm&sword, then add +8 shield = 63int total @0w
    Level 6 = 68int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @0w
    Level 7 = 73int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @0w
    - then go off island

Pirate
    Level 1 with 4/13/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword
    Level 2 with 4/18/4/4 = 26int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 3 with 4/20/7/4 = 29int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 4 with 4/20/12/4 = 34int total including +22helm&sword @0w
    Level 5 with 4/20/17/4 = 39int total including +22helm&sword, then add +8 shield = 47int total @0w
    Level 6 with 4/20/22/4 = 52int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @0w
    Level 7 with 4/20/27/4 = 57int total including +30 helm, sword, shield @1w
    - then go off island

Estimated Possible Washing on Maple Island on Average using Assumed Gears Above
    Warriors = +2 total island washes
    Thief and Bowman = +1 total island washes
    Magician = +0 total island wash
    Pirates = +1 total island wash

Wash to lvl115 for infinite washing method or lvl120 like usual
    There's about 108 – 113 levels from level 7 for washing left to go.

:star: Storage on Maple Island as shown in the previous thread and the current post, proves that Maple Islander Meta doesn’t change, and Washing Meta doesn’t change nor affect Maple Island.

:star: Storage on Maple Island doesn’t need restrictions either.

:star: Storage on Maple Island is okay and good to have, as shown in v53 through v62 of having off-island items via MTS, which is a part of Islander nostalgia.

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  14. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    I've been thinking about what it means to be an Islander.

OnionHi

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-released-for-6-years.39170/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-past-and-future-of-maplelegends.38287/

I'm happy that maplelegends has grown to be superior to what maplestory was in terms of well... all the cool updates and upgrades that are well balanced and functions to what everyone expects.

Even though maplelegends is not exactly the same as maplestory, I'm hoping that Islanders can be brought along too for the ride!

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    OnionBlush
    The Valentines Event 2021 was awesome! As an Islander, there was access to the event that was very well balanced for the effort with the rewards!

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/valentines-event-2021.38081/

Personally, I believe the grind is what being an Islander is all about, even if that may mean burning out by the end of events.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

upload_2021-4-28_11-23-25.png

OnionPerfect

Overall, I'm overjoyed and anxious at the prospects of whether Island Storage will happen or is at least considered with all the active developments and upgrades of the codes behind the scene in maplelegends recently!

:star: I'm very much hoping that Island Storage can some how be balanced for access by Islanders!

OnionMusic

As stated in my previous posts that's hidden amongst the many thread pages:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/storage-on-maple-island.36458/page-12

1. cosmetic equips + scrolling (not meta changing)
    2. removes off-island items' legalities
    3. rebuild the islander community for chatting and grinding (with less eventlanding burnout), that's welcoming for new islanders!
    4. welcoming for any play style of islanders, snail crushers, or pro islanders
    5. brings back nostalgia of off-island items (v62 allowed off-island items via MTS since v53)
    6. washing items on maple island is okay (not meta changing as proven above)

• Like Like x 6
  15. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Well said. I hope that staff is still discussing the topic. Islanders should progress along with the rest of this great server.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I approve storage on the island. Islander: AppleCrisp

• Like Like x 4
  17. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    holy shit 602291782109102105.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    WHRER IS STORAGE?OnionMuha

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  20. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    ...but this old man is standing on top of it LOL
    OnionF4

storage_on_maple_island.JPG

Jokes aside...

After the client-side maintenance patches and upgrades of off-island character skills along with the new Timeless/Reverse gears and weapons in the recent months...

:tick: I once again am suggesting the reconsideration of why and how Storage on Maple Island can be okay for approval!

7. I've been thinking about the question of what other issues that could make it difficult to implement Storage on Maple Island.
    This led me to ponder about...
    • Event characters that pop in and out of Maple Island (which I'm very delighted and happy, and all islanders would agree).
    • :star: So... a Storage box can also be placed on Maple Island in the same way!

I fully understand that coding and developments takes time and effort, and those involved in the coding and delivery process are actively working hard (thank you).
    • Especially how the developers are putting in time to getting event characters to the island, and sometimes putting in extra time to change codes for allowing no-level caps/level 30 capped raffles on island throughout the many years of Maplelegends :heartbeat:.

So I guess a few questions for the general community would be...
    1. What would it take, to make at least a one time permanent Maple Island Storage development to improve the quality of life for islanders?
    2. What other issues could be preventing Storage on Maple Island other than the numerous items that I've addressed and rebutted thus far in this thread and the previous thread? (not INT equips because I already calculated why it would be okay)
      • Is it development time/complexity?
      • Is it the number of people who play as islanders?
      • Is it the number of people who vote for the suggestion?
      • Is it the number of people who disagree?
      • ???

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1