1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Repopulating party quests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AliceCarroll, Mar 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AliceCarroll

AliceCarroll Red Snail

Feb 20, 2021
    9:33 AM
    AliceCarroll
    Hermit
    Im a fairly recent player in this server and from my limited experiences, it seems that its nearly impossible to find a party for low lvl pqs. Iv had a fairly hard time finding party members for pq as alot of people are just leeching. I would like to recommend a increase in pq exp or reduction in the amount of times needed for rewards in party quests so that these pq maps can be populated. Currently I'm having trouble finding grinding areas as there are limited space and full of leechers for popular maps. I perfer if pq were more populated as it is more fun and gives more interactions with fellow players. As it currently looks to be that any and all pq are obsolete and empty as most pq party do not exist or consists of the bare minimum with a spot taken up by some one elses mule.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:33 PM
    Moderator Post
    Which PQ are you looking people for? I know KPQ and LPQ are very populated just HenesysPQ and OPQ is not

3. OP
    OP
    AliceCarroll

AliceCarroll Red Snail

Feb 20, 2021
    AliceCarroll
    Hermit
    I have recently hit lvl 72 and been trying to find parties for ppq and mpq. But ever since opq I have had trouble finding parties for pq. Epq was not so bad but still very few people.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ah yeah MPQ is very underpopulated too because it's quite bad right now. PPQ should have people but depends on time for day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:33 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    A good buff to PQs could be changing the PQ completion reward from "junk" scrolls to a set amount of common gachapon tickets or very rarely rare gachapon ticket. Something like:

KPQ- 2x common or 1x rare
    LPQ- 4x common or 2x rare
    EPQ- 4x common or 2x rare
    OPQ- 6x common or 3x rare
    PPQ- 6x common 3x rare [this extends to lvl100 so not so sure about this one in particular]
    MPQ- 7x common 4x rare

This boosts the general income PQers can generate, makes them more attractive and solves the problem of not being to get gachapon tickets when PQing vs getting tickets when grinding. This also helps increase the supply of gacha specific scrolls (mostly dark INT scrolls and gfa 30/70).

Can GPQ get gacha drops in their bonus stage too if this happens? :giggle:

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This would enable me to get 36 common or 18 rare gach every ~8 mins doing PPQ or a good amount per hour doing any of the other PQs. I agree the rewards should be increased, but not by that much.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:33 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Numbers are an example they can be changed. Its mostly to show that rewards should be increasingly progressive as u go on. I guess it also depends on the PQ which is why I specified not sure about PPQ mostly cuz its 55-100 and a lot faster than OPQ and MPQ in terms of time needed to clear. Not all rewards should be replaced by gach tickets, perhaps mostly the ore/def scrolls so theres still a variance in the reward pool.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    12:33 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Personally it makes more sense to me to buff the XP rates as opposed to rewards. Solo grinding, most of the time, gives better Eph than pqing. Moreover you need to consider the wait time of congregating a party together so grinding is currently superior (except maybe EPQ). However I found I burn pots faster grinding than pqing (this depends on class and the pq) so I'm not sure buffing monetary gains from pq is the right move. Certain pqs already have decent loot pools (kpq, lpq, mpq) or unique equips (glasses, earrings) so that incentive is there. The only ones that might need a loot buff is opq cuz it's just an ore farm and maybe ppq.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Either exp, mesos / item, or nx gain needs to be increased from PQ to make it have some advantage over grinding.

During an event, PQ loses on all 3 fronts, and during non-event, I think only a few PQs win on the nx gain aspect (because you can get some nx from bonus stages).

For a person who wants to progress and get into late / end game, PQing is simply a waste of time on this server compared to grinding.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    AliceCarroll

AliceCarroll Red Snail

Feb 20, 2021
    AliceCarroll
    Hermit
    An increase in exp and rewards would be great, especially a chance for gacha tickets as making money is quite hard as a new player. As it currently stands out leeching and self grinding out paces party quest in terms of exp/meso return. If you can match the amount of exp to match grinding/leeching with better reward return it would be a great help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think there are a ton of mid-game scrolls that could be added to PQs. No one really uses them in late game, but they seem a bit too expensive for early players to buy. Some examples include earring int 60, gfma 60, oa dex/str/luk 60, and shoe jump 60.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The incentive is there, alright 07279FD5-E02A-4C9B-A21E-A4B78E047DA8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    AliceCarroll

AliceCarroll Red Snail

Feb 20, 2021
    AliceCarroll
    Hermit
    Can we get CPQ added since no one really wants to do the regular PQ.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    After that comes some Chaos Scrolling - who knows if that'll pay off - and then you compare this to getting Brown Work Gloves and see that you're better off with BWGs. At that point you ask, "Why would I OPQ if I could just grind on Big Cloud Fox and turn in the tails to NPC Faito in Showa Town until I get Brown Work Gloves?"