1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief SHADOWERS PLEASE READ ~

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Hyuga, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    4:08 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    After having multiple Shadowers asking for advice on skill builds and order, i think it would be easier if this knowledge is made known to the upcoming Shadowers also.

BOOMERANG STEP and TAUNT is a Shadower's bread and butter when it comes to grinding. Shadowers have the potential to be the highest EPM class in all of Maple AFTER mages whilst grinding. Their aoe boomerang step COMBOED with a lvl30 taunt (which gives 40% increase of exp/loot per mob hit) is absolutely amazing. Taunt is an "aoe" skill that hits everything within range in a straight line, exactly like boomerang step.

Depending on whether you grind often/self leech with a mage or mainly focus on bossing; you would consider swapping taunt priority with stuff like assassinate/smoke. BUT, taunt should always be prioritised AFTER boomerang step/shifter. Smokescreen is nice but not necessary, it barely impacts gameplay much and is defo not more important than taunt in our kit. Assassinate is mostly used for single target bosses, but even with that maxed; the DPM difference between assassinate+boomstep combo is not a HUGE difference to boomstep weave spam.

Boomstep>shifter/taunt>shifter/taunt>assassinate>smoke>venom for Shadowers that grind (which you should be doing anyway). MW is completely up to you, chances are your party members will already have mw9/20 for boss runs/grinding parties.

So please stop leaving out 1 of the most important skills in our kit just because other people with zero knowledge of the class keeps asking you for smoke during zakum runs, i die inside everytime after hearing that.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    5:08 PM
    thank u very much

3. Normalize

Normalize Mano

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    Toronto
    12:08 PM
    Normalize
    Shadower
  4. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    11:08 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    it's nice to hear this! :) I thought taunt was a worthless skill but looks like it isn't yes1!!

5. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    9:08 AM
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    the only thing that comes to my mind when you say shadower is: "TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA" >:eek:oo

• Like Like x 3
  6. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    10:08 AM
    Paladin
  7. Arny

Arny Mano

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    12:08 PM
    Elfin
    Shadower
    Twice
    Anyone have thoughts on Taunt before Shadow Shifter? Shadow Shifter is great for bossing and saving some cash, but I feel like putting 10 SS and maxing Taunt can be more helpful in the 130s and 140s since bossing will be less important in these levels anyway.

EDIT: Found out Taunt requires 10 Shadow Shifter

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    that sounds like a plan if you grind. Bstep stuns, so shud be good

9. Kjsspro1996

Kjsspro1996 Snail

Dec 27, 2018
    Male
    11:08 PM
    KjssPrOOOO
    Bandit
    Avengers
    any advice for bandit ?? <70?

10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    any specific advise you'd like? or wondering? :eek:

11. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    12:08 AM
    this aged poorly

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Taunt was 'nerfed', making it harder to use it for an easy increase in exp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Taunt still makes sense for situations where you're in a full party and killing lots of mobs together. It's less ideal for zone party-grinding, but it can be really, really powerful for old school-style party play where you move together as one unit since this generally allows for overkilling. It should be used as the main skill to lure mobs.

Personally, with the recent nerf to Taunt, I think the animation should be shortened just slightly so that it's not so awkward to use while jump attacking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    But Taunt works without a party.

15. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    12:08 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I miss Marisa ):

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Taunt, if below 20 SPs is useless anyway.
    But even then, you have to do a precise BStep cast (check if mob HP is at a point where, if you cast again, with a 40% dmg decrease would still kill), use Taunt, and then BStep.

Its non-afk grindable in this way... you will have to micromanage pixelated bars in a 800x600 (or larger) game window and, with the DMG skin above the HP bar, makes it hard to find the HP a mob is at.

I tested out 7f with 13 SPs in Taunt and, the problem stands at
    If I BStep to like 20% of the mob HP, one more BStep would kill em.
    If I taunt I would need 2 BStep casts to kill.

This loop generally makes you loose on mob kill / respawn over a long period.

• Agree Agree x 1