1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myungsoo, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    3:32 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Hi,

This thread is by no means meant to insult the staff. This is just feedback that should be taken lightly. The staff doesn't owe use anything, and I'm cognizant of that. The purpose here is to improve the server and I'm hoping that we can all give our 2 cents to do so.

Suggestion tab
    The suggestion tab is in my opinion a great place for people to help the server in a positive direction. You can only really know what the people want through these types of threads and feedback from the community. Whether or not the staff wants to implement this would be irrelevant. What I do find relevant is transparency.

Transparency
    This is not a suggestion but feedback. There are threads years old and have a clear defined amount of people that agree or disagree. This should among with many other reasons be a part of the deciding factor whether or not the suggestion will be accepted or declined.

The solution
    What I'm hoping is that suggestion will have a lead time of 3 months. After 3 months a thread will be locked. When it's automatically locked, a thread should be either ''Declined'', ''Accepted'' or ''Awaiting a decision''. Most threads are just left for dead for years. The reason why I think that this is a problem is because these threads are by people who love Legends and want to make this place a fraction better than it already is.

Thanks for reading, I hope suggestions will receive more transparency.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    This is a good suggestion! To the “left for dead” pile it goes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There are many suggestions that do not have a concluded response, which is usually the ones that stay idle. The ones that I am strongly against are usually the ones that get closed within a day/week with a straight-up deny.

We see all the suggestions

Just because we don't reply to them doesn't mean we haven't seen them. Basically, when we see an interesting suggestion, we bring it up internally. If we like it, we 'approve' it behind the scene, but doesn't right away mean we will work on it. There's a couple of suggestions we like, but then just have no time yet to work on it. For example, a while ago we had a suggestion to announce the people picking up items after the boss runs, to know which item gets picked up by whom. We all were for the suggestion but didn't have time yet to code/implement it, so to prevent people from continuously expecting the thing to be implemented, we didn't reply to it yet, but know it's out there.

For other topics, we share an opinion but have a different opinion a good while later. If we start to deny topics early, but change our mind and add it anyway, it's extremely confusing not for users, but also for us.

Class balancing

This I briefly explained at the end of the year topic. Balancing will almost always be done behind the scene. This is nothing against transparency, but simply because it's unrealistic to discuss gameplay and major gameplay changes with 100~ people that all share different opinions and view things the way they play their classes. It will be chaotic, people will swear at each other, people will insanely non-stop argue with each other, and so on. This will add absolutely no help for us, and just make things incredibly messy, on top of people being upset that didn't get their way with the class feedback they gave once the finalized changes are implemented. We discuss so many changes behind the scene that ends up not being added, and if we end up to bring every 'beta' thing we have in our mind, sometimes even shower thoughts, this place will burn into places.

Once again for this, we read all the suggestions and discuss things behind the scene if we feel the brought-up suggestion is fair. However, we will likely not bring up class changes pre-patch. The Anniversary patch will once again contain class changes by the way, as well as bug fixes.

A cleanup

A cleanup of the section is something I started briefly long ago but then quickly stopped because I had much more to do. Right now I am done changing maps on one region for the next patch, and working on revamping another region, which requires time. Sometimes we bring up extremely old suggestions which were back then not possible either due to lack of experience or the lack of client editing knowledge, which could become a thing now, so even if your suggestion is really old, it's still being revisited sometimes. Continuously bumping your feedback thread and asking for us to reply does not help by the way. We are aware of your topic: don't push us to reply

That's all I have to say for now

• Friendly x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:32 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    TFW when you wake up to hundreds of notifications of users bumping old topics and #QUESTRING, #makepickpocketgreatagain, #FixAltTabHurricane, #FixShadowStarBug #BalanceChanges #YourTearsAreMySalt #RemoveOptionalHPWashing #GTOPSUX.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:32 AM
    I just click on the Unwatch Thread at the top right and leave it at that.

6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    So class balancing is as transparent as my corpse when I have to commit suicide because I got stuck in a barrel when it got dispelled even tho it could be quick fixed by making the skill undispellable like they had done with other skills like Echo but they won't even tho they applied this kind of quick and half-assed fixes like when they made SI not affect mages instead of making it only affect attacking speed and not spell speed?
    Got it.

And yes all the flavors in the world and I chose to be salty, but get into my position every time I kill a boss and I get barely anything or nothing at all I cry one salty tear on glass and drink it at the end of the month, so my blood has more salt than any average chat box in an LoL game.