1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited return of old event chairs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Test, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    8:53 AM
    There are a lot of old event chairs that are sometimes impossible to find because there are so few left in circulation, so I was wondering if we could add a few more copies. Obviously people who have the chairs won't want them dropping in value, so we shouldn't flood the system. I was thinking perhaps they could be rewards for the community events and the like so only 1~10 get added at a time based on how many winners/runner-ups the GMs want to award the chair. This wouldn't affect the value of the chairs too much, but should make it a little more likely for people to get the old chairs they might want. Thoughts?

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    To me, the idea of those old chairs is valuable because of the fact that it isn't possible to get new ones and it will never be possible. They're like limited edition items. While giving out a couple new ones might not significantly change the FM value, just the knowledge that they might still be obtainable at some point in the future is enough to change how people view those chairs. I think it's a change which could ruin what makes these chairs interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    *speaking on behalf of myself and not staff*

As much as I'd love to have a Halloween Broomstick Chair or Heart Cloud Chair on my mains (it doesn't feel the same as spawning one on my GM lol and we aren't allowed to transfer it over), I kind of see the chair market as a collectibles market (similar to Pokemon cards). Most event chairs are released once and can be seen as passive investments and I think bringing back old chairs might ruin the market and make a lot of chair collectors sad if they see their chair stonks go down.

That being said I'm not entirely unopposed to bringing back certain chairs in a very limited context, perhaps as part of a chair gachapon, from winning community events. As more players quit and take rarer / older chairs out of the market, this might be a good way to bring 1-2 of those back every few months. But that was just an idea I had personally and I'm not sure how popular it'd be lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    I totally agree that part of the value is the fact that they can't be obtained again, but for some chairs I don't even see them in the FM at all for months at a time. When was the last time you saw a Halloween Broomstick chair available? I'm not saying we should give every other person the chair, but maybe reintroduce like 3 copies of it during a Halloween community event. There are so many different chairs to potentially cycle through that any one chair would only reappear once in a few years. Would that still significantly affect your view of the value of the chairs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    Chair gachapon sounds really interesting. It would mitigate the issue of straight up giving someone a 100m+ chair and leave it up to chance like the scroll of secrets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    I understand that it would only be some chairs and there would be very few of them, so it wouldn't be a big change. But what I was trying to express is the value of rarity. With situations like the Halloween Broomstick chair not being available in FM for months at a time, I kinda like that and see it as a good thing rather than a bad thing. If it ever got to a point where a chair almost completely disappeared and only one or two active players still owned them, I think that would be pretty awesome and not a problem that needs fixing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    I see. In that case, it's just an agree to disagree situation. I like the idea of chairs being collectibles that you can get if you're willing to pay the price whether that's a bidding war with fellow maplers or putting in the effort for the best community event entry instead of a display of how old of a player you are. It kind of adds another thing you can work towards in game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:53 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    There are already exclusive community event rewards. Christmas and Summer community events give exclusive chairs for the winners/top teams. However, community event rewards never really impacted gameplay in the sense that a reward can be sold, which in this case would be the old seasonal event chairs given as a reward.

• Like Like x 1
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Can we do a chair gach for all brand new chairs. I know you GMs are holding back all the good ones f3. Or just add some more donor chairs T_T

10. OP
    OP
    Test

Test Slime

May 15, 2020
    I can see that there may be some discomfort with changing the system, but the regular events already impact gameplay, so I don't see why community events can't do the same.

• Agree Agree x 1