1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got banned off twitch ....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowfang54, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Shadowfang54

Shadowfang54 Blue Snail

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    5:16 PM
    McPirateboi
    Corsair
    None
    Maplestory took down my twitch account when i was streaming Maplepelegends has this happened to anyone else before?

Since this been happening i would recommend not to use #Maplestory game category anymore and maybe use #Mapleroyals tag or Just chatting ?

2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:16 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yea apparently this has been a thing. Seems to also be the reason why twitch streams no longer show on the website (unless i've just only been on at times when no one is streaming).

It's a balancing act between wanting exposoure but also not wanting to get DMCA'd with a C&D.

3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    welcome to the party, :) , this has happened atleast 3 times in the past 2 years. but this one prob the worst one thats been done since its from a person in Neckson Korea and not some hired "EST company"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:16 AM
    You shouldn't do this either, someone browsing Just Chatting seeing a game being played will report the stream themselves and you might get a warning or banned with the same reason for it. :/

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:16 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its still a hired company.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    I received a copyright infringement a long time ago for streaming maplelegends and got a 24-hours suspension along with a copyright strike. If I'm not wrong, you won't get perma banned unless you get 3 strikes. Since this is a private server, its a risk u gotta take if u wanna stream maplelegends. People used to stream in the retro section to avoid getting discovered but I'm not sure if that really works...

7. OP
    OP
    Shadowfang54

Shadowfang54 Blue Snail

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    5:16 PM
    McPirateboi
    Corsair
    None
    [​IMG]
    Got this before my stream got shutdown ....

• Informative Informative x 2