1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nise's Formula Compilation

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2020.

1. OmegaLuLz232

OmegaLuLz232 Snail

Jan 13, 2020
    3:56 AM
    NARILULX
    Cleric
    Hi Nise, thanks for the compilation. May I know where does Element Amplification come into to damage calculation ? Is it just a multiplicative increase ? ie

Elemental reactions (Mage)
    Advantage = Base damage * Elemental Wand/Staff Bonus * 150% * 140% [Level 30 Element Amplication]
    Disadvantage = Base damage * Elemental Wand/Staff Bonus * 50% * 140% [Level 30 Element Amplication]

Also just to clarify, Sharp Eyes gives 40% crit damage for magical attacks and 140% crit damage for physical attacks ?

2. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    4:56 PM
    I tested spamming bstep and it seems the delay is 1200ms. I was able to spam 50 bsteps in a minute.

3. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:56 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yup SE only gives + 0.4 for magic attacks, while its + 1.4 for physical attacks. It's not included in the skill description, but that's apparently how it's always been.

As for mage math as a whole, i have to admit, it's probably my WEAKEST area :( so I can't 100% confirm here... but as for the ele amp, I would suspect it gets factored into base damage:

MAX = ((Magic²/1000 + Magic)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack * 1.4
    MIN = ((Magic²/1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack * 1.4

Base damage = random ( max, min ) + crit bonuses

Hmmm in that case, it might be that the elemental wand/staff bonus goes INSIDE the base damage. So something like

MAX = ((Magic²/1000 + Magic)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack * 1.4 * Ele wand/staff bonus
    MIN = ((Magic²/1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9)/30 + INT/200) * Spell Attack * 1.4 * 150% * Ele wand/staff bonus

Was this using booster?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    Yes with booster and fast 4 dagger (max speed)

5. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Hmmm and this was done with 3x boomerang step on the macro? Or just holding it down?

6. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    Holding it down, is there a difference?

7. mirurun

mirurun King Slime

Jan 23, 2019
    Female
    4:56 AM
    Beginner
    wow very cool Nise

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Oh sorry there isn't xD it only really matters for like rapid fire/hurricane.

Also, made some additions to the post
    - Added a link to meso explosion formula
    - Added a section on how to calculate current AP
    - Changed the player avoidability section to properly reflect things (there's a different formula for physical & magic damage), this should be pretty useful for Pink Bean runners, as Big Bang is considered a physical attack

9. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    6:56 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Hi, I'm a little confused about the default value of mastery before any skills are gained.
    It says the general damage formula is [MIN = (Primary Stat * 0.9 * Mastery + Secondary Stat) * Weapon Attack / 100]
    and from that I assumed that without any mastery the primary stat wouldn't have any impact on min damage as it would be multiplied by 0 from the mastery value.
    But I noticed when I raised STR on my beginner holding a 1H sword that the minimum value in his range did increase slightly, so is there a default value of mastery before any mastery skills are gained?

10. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Since the 2nd job mastery skill lvl 1 gives 15% mastery and proceed onto 20% eventually to 60%. I'm guessing if you don't have any skills, it might be 10%? I'm not entirely sure about this but it would make sense as I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be 0%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I want to point out that Zerato from MapleRoyals made a program that does the accuracy / defence calculations for you, you just put in your stats and choose the mob and it tells you what damage you'll take and how often you'll miss. Afaik he has only uploaded this on his MapleRoyals forum page, if you google "zerato mapleroyals forums" you can find it (I am not sure if I am allowed to link to a different server even in this context). I would upload the executable here myself but the legend's forum isn't letting me (virus protection most likely).

He got the formulas for the accuracy/ defence from the southperry.net forums which were the main GMS forums for data mining / learning game mechanics back in pre-BB GMS. Ayumilove also ripped all of their formula's from southperry.net (they even kept the typos and formatting lol). The archived threads from southperry are all wiped now unfortunately, so these 2nd hand sources are all that exist.

I had asked Zerato to publish the weapon defence formulas in particular because this was the one formula that ayumilove hadn't ripped from southperry.net for some reason, so he was the only one who had the formula on hand that I was aware of. He finally got around to publishing it a few months ago.

I'm not really sure how the formulas work in private servers though, if the server-sided calculations are pulled from the v62 client itself (so they are exactly the same as in GMS) or if private servers just use these formulas taken from ayumilove's wordpress (for example, if OdinMS did this a decade ago, and every server based on OdinMS just uses those same formulas).

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    From what I've been told, we're based on the client based info, which is why our HP washing formulas slightly vary from the formulas that are usually mentioned on forums circa 2008. Which would make sense, since I've verified that the damage TO players section was done via a data mine (not by me) and I was able to verify it in-game that it works as mentioned ^^

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:56 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is definitely not where you should be posting this. Please stick to the designated channels. If you do not get a reply, be patient. Staff consists of volunteers with their own busy lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    1:56 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I'm working on a calculator based on damage taken from monsters and have a few questions.

Do upper/lower bounds on the hit rate also apply to magic attacks? I also find it strange that the upper bound for the chance to hit thieves is higher than other classes (although the avoid for thieves is much higher overall).

Do you know what PDD stands for?

15. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    From what I looked into, I believe the upper/lower bounds is ONLY for magic attacks. But note that some ranged attacks count as physical attacks like HT leg/tail slam. And yeah it is odd, but Neckson just decided to give thieves everything :^)

As for what PDD stands for I have no clue xD It's just a set value in the files. My post includes the StandardPDD values copied and pasted from our files ^^

16. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    1:56 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    You mean physical attacks? Otherwise the layout of the section is somewhat misleading.

One suggestion to make the formulas more clear is to explicitly call out the lower/upper bounds for the magic attack:

This could be:

Code:
    Magic Attacks: Magic Dodge Rate = 10/9 - Monster Accuracy / (0.9 * Avoid)
    Chance to hit must be within 0 - 100%

I've implemented most of the damage-taken calculations (link here for a preview). I get a negative value for the magic dodge rate against oblivion monks which means that they should always hit me. I'm not entirely convinced that's the case because I dodge things on that map (could be the eye of time or physical attacks). At some point I'll collect damage/dodge/potion-use data to validate the calculator.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  17. Bax

Bax Orange Mushroom

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    4:56 AM
    Paragax; Qishop
    Marksman
    Perion
    It is time for me to shine and make a damage calculator sheet from this formula?

18. Rainily

Rainily Red Snail

Feb 22, 2021
    Male
    9:56 PM
    Rainily
    Cleric
    Tavern
    I also started writing calculators based on these formulas. Base damage ranges for non-magic attacks is done: https://mayas.house. Thanks for the compilation Nise!

geospizageospiza the damage taken calc is looking great!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Can't really confirm but I believe this is the correct formula for Chakra (chief bandit skill).

Min: (TotalLuk x 3.3 + TotalDex) x 0.2 x (RecoveryRate / 100 + 1)
    Max: (TotalLuk x 6.6 + TotalDex) x 0.2 x (RecoveryRate / 100 + 1)

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Is there any update on this part or is it rather hard to simplify in formulas? :)