1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's make Eclipse great again.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Mar 15, 2021.

Let's increase the attacking speed of Eclipse!

1. Yes

64.0%
  2. No

36.0%
  1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    1:42 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Although polearms aren't really used for Dark Knight in terms of bossing, they make pretty good use if utilize for grinding, e.g.: Purple Surfboard. So! I would like to request that we increase the attacking speed of Eclipse. Why? simply because it is one of the nicest looking weapons and definitely a waste for a cool-looking polearm since- it is a slow weapon, which is a shame:heartbreak:. Which in all honesty, it renders them less useful than otherwise if they were a bit quicker in attacking speed. They can be a rare item because their attainability is from a very few monsters, mainly from Blue Kentaurus. nobody really hunts for Gatekeeper or King Sage Cat.
    Changing the speed of Eclipse will make it an additional excellent option, one which is honorable, and the choice of it is what will make this worthwhile.

Attack Speed: Normal (6)
    This would be most generous.

Attack Speed: Fast(5)
    Now, this would be most ideal!

Let's consider it! Look at the pecking order for both spears and polearms

example of spears:
    1. Timeless Alchupiz (Normal 6)
    2. Reverse Alchupiz (Normal 6)
    3. Sky Ski (Normal 6)

and for polearms:

1. Purple Surfboard (Fast 5)
    2. Crimson Arcglaive (Normal 6)

Make it function with spear crusher/fury?(I'm joking here but maybe.. just maybe..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    The eclipse is a perfectly good pole-arm when it's scrolled well. I used it for the majority of my grinding from 80-105 (until I could afford the only 80m purple surfboard on the market).
    [​IMG]
    The slow(8) speed on a hellslayer is kind of unbearable after having used an eclipse for so long.

There is precedent for a normal(6) pole-arm/spear at level 35 from glancing at the library. It might be reasonable to buff the level 80 weapon from slow(7) to normal(6), and maybe even buff a few slow(8) things to slow(7) to make the weapon progression between 100-120 easier without having to buy something reliant on gacha/events. Even if you managed to scroll a perfect eclipse, pole-arms are relegated to the realm of grinding mobs (and would still be inferior to purple surfboards).

On the other hand, my experience with the eclipse as-is was great. It's worth using because it looks cool and is a decent weapon for the level range while fitting into the identity of the Dragon Knight. Long reach but slow speeds is just how the class plays.

3. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    4:42 PM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Thats a nice idea but Im not very support it.
    There are many common type PA you can use in lv30-95, which includes PSB and Arcglaive you have mentioned. The others such as Super Snowboard(5) and Guan Yu Polearm(6) are already good enough for you to use till lv 100-120 depending how it scrolled, then probably use Red Surfboard (7) if PSB and Arcglaive are too rare to find or too expensive. If possible, the Maple Karstan(6) is easy to get during anniversary event I guess.
    Btw, you can also use current event item Valentine Rose, which is also PA, and its very cheap to get now.
    Throw as many as 30 then you can get a dank 105wa one at lv48.MapleF8

unknown-9.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    That's interesting... I never knew there was the existence of other available polearms outside of PSB and Arcglaive.
    Thanks for sharing! However, this thread is about Eclipse and quite honestly, I couldn't even accept and acknowledge those lesser desirable polearms. Timeless Diesra and Reverse Diesra? even I fathom the existence of those too.

I'm mainly supporting Eclipse next to PSB and Arcglaive for their use in later levels (lvl80-200) Like I've said, increasing the speed on Eclipse will put them on par with PSB and Arcglaive in terms of speed but the Eclipse alone would be more so for the aesthetics. That's simply it.

If we can get a Eclipse cashshop weapon skin, that would be great too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    4:42 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    dont forget this abomination

Attached Files:

6. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    4:42 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    How about making crimson arcglaive more accessible like having them drop at CWKPQ’s bonus stage

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    That would be nice too.

8. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    10:42 AM
    Chief Bandit
    Polearms already have their place, there's a ton of nice looking weapons out there, can't make them all relevant just because they're pretty. Nothing is stopping you from going slightly off meta and playing with your favorite weapon, Maplelegends isn't an esport. I can name atleast 30 equips that I'd love to use because of the way they look or nostalgic reasons, but they aren't practical. I get the annoyance of not being able to use your favorite visuals trust me, but this kinda seems like a troll suggestion

9. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    only the part where I joke about making it function with spear crusher/spear fury. in turn making it a spear pretty much

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ngl this is badass and makes me want to reroll to DK.