1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change crafting requirements for reverse daggers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jesscapades, Mar 15, 2021.

1. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    2:02 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Summary
    Currently, we can only use flairgrave daggers to craft the reverse pescas; for other classes, you can use both flairgraves and speargraves. It looks like this is due to the speargrave not having a STR requirement + the pescas having a STR requirement. However, it is far more optimal to craft the pescas instead of the STR-less killic, and far more costly to craft flairgraves instead of speargraves. So, I suggest allowing both speargraves and flairgraves to be used for crafting both daggers, in order to promote "fairness" and "balance" (which is entirely based on my subjective and biased view of those words).

Overview of shadower weapons

Starting from level 10, shadowers have two weapon choices. In general, at each level bracket there is a dagger that requires STR, and a dagger that does not require STR; the ones that require STR have higher ATT.

Once you get to level 120, you can equip a dragon khanjar, which gives 13-17 ATT clean at the cost of 75 STR. Given that you can get ~50 STR just from helm + HTP + tier 10, it's a no-brainer to bump your STR up to 75 and get a dragon khanjar. Since the end-game STR daggers all have a 75 STR requirement, and all have higher ATT than their STR-less counterparts, it follows that using a STR dagger is a no-brainer as well.

There is one exception to my statement about STR daggers having higher ATT, which is for NT daggers:
    upload_2021-3-15_11-49-22.png

For crafting NT daggers, speargrave > flairgrave

Given that there is no ATT difference, the speargrave is the optimal choice as it is cheaper to craft. Flairgraves use Nano Plant (Omega) while speargraves use Nano Plant (Sigma); the sigma plants drop in NTPQ making it easier/cheaper to get, and the omega plants are used to craft MTKs which increase the opportunity cost of wasting one on a flairgrave.

NT crafting is inconsistent with other tiers
    There is another discrepancy for NT daggers: both the STR and STR-less daggers require a STR dagger for crafting. The other daggers need their matching lower-level dagger:
    upload_2021-3-15_12-4-52.png

Why we should change the crafting requirements for reverse daggers

In general, it just doesn't make sense why it flips around. So a change should either be to require dragon kredas to be used for crafting speargraves, or to allow both speargraves and flairgraves as crafting materials for both the reverse daggers. Note that all other weapons allow both.

My preference would be to allow both. Given that it makes no sense to craft a killic, it *feels* more balanced to let shads use both speargraves and flairgraves to craft, like everyone else. Even though it's a two-weapon system, I'm fairly certain everyone shares my sentiment that STR-less daggers basically don't exist and it's really a one-weapon system. So, shads have to pay more to craft reverse weapons than other classes.

I'm interested in seeing what other people think about this, from both shads and non-shads, staff and non-staff.

P.S. can we make shields craftable?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  2. Baos

Baos King Slime Retired Staff

May 8, 2020
    Male
    Shadower
    Mfw I asked everyone in BL/guild if you can use either flairgrave/speargrave to craft reverse, and 100% of the people said "yes" so I didn't go to check.

Made 2 speargraves only to find out it can't craft pescas...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    Agreed, but crafting reverse weapons in general is such a joke (outside of spears). The piece of time alone cost like 50m, and crafting a NT is likely 40m (assuming buying coin service) while an average 105 reverse pescas goes for like 25m?. Even a perfect 107 reverse pescas will likely be worth less than the cost to craft. Just better off buying them from the pb runners. The reverse daggers arent even worth much as timeless crafting fodder since no shad is going to pay 300m for the rocks to craft one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    hey point me to whoever's selling that 105 for 25m that's a fuckin steal

but yeah, they're not great, but it would be a nice way to make use of my shitty speargraves from NT crafting

5. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    11:02 PM
    Shadower
    Reverse/Timeless dagger ingredients are perfectly fine, but the NT daggers are inconsistent

Lower the Speargrave att to 101 to align the 2 att consistency between LUK dagger and STR dagger and change Speargrave crafting requirement from Dragon Kanzir into Dragon Kreda instead and then the crafting/weapon attack becomes consistent at all types of daggers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1