1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make PQing Great Again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Mar 22, 2021.

Should PQs get NX rewards constantly?

1. Yes ~ 100NX per Run

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. Yes ~ 250NX per Run

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  3. No

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Other ~ Specify in comments

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    7:14 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Hello.

As per the title says.
    With the departure of events and the proximity of new events we have a window of time where NX farming is all but limited to voting (if not CWKPQ or LPQ).

So why not show some love to PQs, broadly speaking?

In general, most PQs should be taking on average around 10~15mins per run.
    After ending any PQ you generally talk to NPCs or leave rooms and get some PQ experience.

So, what I'm suggesting is giving constantly 100~250NX per PQ run.

This will of course reward players running PQs with other people (supposedly).

In the list of PQs that could possibly be given this buff would be :
    • Kerning PQ
    • Ludi Maze PQ
    • Ellin PQ
    • Orbis PQ
    • Magatia PQ

Henesys PQ, Ludi PQ, Guild PQ and CWK PQ wouldn't need a buff as, by possible reward rooms, they would be getting NX cards from that (maybe a buff from that?)

Henesys PQ because it can be soloed quite easily and its runs are very fast.

So, for any particular player, an increase of 600 ~ 1500 NX per hour of PQing would make them more prone on doing levels at the specified level-based PQs, and for older players, wanting to farm NX for AP resets / cosmetics, they would be able of doing so in a more friendly manner.

#MakePQingGreatAgain

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    A thing to note that if such thing were to be added it'd need to be a set amount of NX for completing the PQ but not in a drop form. Just as a reward directly added to your account to avoid solo PQ runs with mules just to gather all NX on one account if it were to be dropped

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Yes this is my main suggestion.
    Something like, when you end KPQ you talk to an NPC that gives a random reward and some XP.
    Put another roll for either a 100 or 250 NX reward from the PQ.

idk something like 30% for a 250 NX, rest for a 100 NX

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    10:14 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I agree with you on your idea that nx would be awarded for finishing the run. Maybe also remove some of the really crappy rewards like random ores that no one needs?
    I disagree with your title choice. Can we think of something else other than "Make __ great again" it's gotten old as a suggestion post title

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    PQ was never great

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Seiras

Seiras Horny Mushroom

Jun 24, 2019
    12:14 AM
    I/L Wizard
    I like the idea of a flat 100 NX reward for completing (non-Henesys) party quests.
    250 sounds like too much for KPQ considering how fast it goes.
    Maybe make separate flat reward values for each PQ based on how long it usually takes.

In order to prevent multi-client farming, staff could:
    a) Only reward 1 account per IP per run
    b) Implement a 10~20min reward cooldown per IP

I like option A better, and it should be fairly easy to implement (assuming player IPs are readily available on the Player object)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    8:14 AM
    Or option 3 like the max you can get from running pq's per day like 2k NX.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:14 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Another option is for staff to revert the nerfs they put on PQ bonus stages a long time ago.

When nx drops were first added to PQ, every single box would drop a 100 nx coupon 100% of the time, and sometimes you would see a 100 nx coupon and a 250 nx coupon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Could lock people that are playing on same IP (friends in same house / brothers / sisters)
    But reasonable.

Would make finding parties for PQs quite bad for new players, once again, because people would just target run every 20mins.

Kimmy was testing out possible ways of making voting optional, or in general, less intrusive for people (catch me saying this wrong)
    I had hopes that either NX card dropped all year long (not only during events) or that at least more PQs were given NX points rewards.

This, but I don't remember if it was only in OPQ and LPQ (as per my brain remembers only those), was it on CWKPQ as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:14 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    There are so many thing wrong with the PQ rewards. All those defence scroll, all those random shit ores, 100 BLUE POTIONS (from LPQ).
    You are literally guaranteed with better return if you are a normal character and just grind/train and turn in those gacha tickets.

While NX can be an issue, but it is really the general reward being dog shit.
    Like I previously said it before, the PQ rewards is balanced in a game where gacha doesn't drop, and every rates are shit.
    Here, PQ's exp probably lose out to grinding due to 2x exp, and the reward is dog shit compare to gacha drop from grinding.
    You need more than just better NX drops to "make PQ not be shitty again"

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The aim of this suggestion is to provide a means to farm cash for people that do heavy washing, not actually "make PQs great again". So the title is a bit misleading.

Only people that do excessive washing or people that level up faster than voting can provide AP resets will want to grind extra cash. Problem is though that if you PQ alot you will likely not fall into either category (these people will generally leech their character or they will level up slowly due to the nature of PQs).

If you really want to make PQs more worth I think the best way is to add more valuable (meso wise) rewards. IMO add coloured raggedy capes to KPQ, more coloured adventurer capes to LPQ etc and add better scroll rewards.

This is why I voted against the suggestion.

If we do add a way to gain more cash for people wanting to wash I hope they will be ablr to do so without having to create more mules.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:14 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta