1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower level requirement for ToT 999 questline

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by whatdatoast, Mar 26, 2021.

1. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    10:16 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The recent ToT map changes / spawn buffs have made Temple of Time a decent alternative to the other end game maps (5-6F, 7F and skeles), in terms of exp or meso. However, more people are not utilizing them because HS/MU mules are not viable. Because the level requirement for the quest to enter a map is always the level of the main mob in that map, your mules will always leech exp. Unfortunately, you cannot teleport rock your mules into the maps without doing the questline first.

In order to improve more map diversity in the late game, I propose we change the level requirements for these 999 quests to make more maps viable. There are two possible level requirements we can use:
    1. Level 90, which is the level required to enter Memory Lane 1 (https://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/temple-of-time/path-to-the-past).
    2. Level 100, which matches the level requirement for NeoTokyo content.
    Although most people level cap their mules at lvl 81 or 84 (right before ulu2 leech exp), there are people who have a set of mules for NT (lvl 100).

Currently the most used maps in ToT are ML5, RoR2/5, Obv 2/4/5.

A level 100 limit would not allow people to mule ML5, as the mobs are level 101. ML5 is probably the best map in the game currently for non-mage classes to make money while also gaining (some) exp. (The other maps are nightghosts, NT map 1 for coins). Allowing MU to be used here would elevate it to be competitive with ulu2 (without leech). So perhaps we could stick with the level 90 limit.

I also do not think allowing mules would benefit selling leech at all. After extensive testing this valentines event with baskets, Solo-ing Obv 2/5 with 1H IL mage, the eph is at best comparable to solo-ing 5-6F, and does not come close to duo mage 5-6F. I do not have a F/P so I cannot test leeching at RoR5, but I doubt it's viable.

Anyways, long post, but would love to hear people's opinions or suggestions. I really love grinding at ToT and want to make it worthwhile for others! :)

Edit: A friend pointed out that even if the quest's level req were lowered, the mules would have a hard time doing the 999 quests because you can't have another character 'leech' it if its not at the mob's lvl range. But even if it's difficult, I would still like the ability to bring a mule through at lower level. Lowering the mob's level would actually have negative impacts on leeching, so I wouldn't advocate that.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Parctikl

Parctikl Blue Snail

May 24, 2017
    Fori
    Marksman
    Hippos
  3. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    1:16 PM
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    The change with the teleporters was a step in the right direction, something like this could really help lower the barrier for entry further when it comes to grinding effectively in tot. If you ask me, dragging a character through 999 kills per map is enough of a price for multiclienting in tot. MapleF3_Origin

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Do we really need to change things to encourage mule culture even more

You can still use your mules in FM, too

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    That's true, but it severely tanks your eph to the point where it's just worse than other meta maps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Great suggestion!! 110% on board.

Although for grinding, in map buffs won’t be able to make oblivion 4 beat 7F. Doing 1 minute EPM tests with HS after the spawn changes only got me max around ~50-55m eph with a 18x warrior partner.

At least for oblivion 4, FM buffs aren’t really great for this map because there are multiple spawn points (I think 4?) all over the map. After exiting the FM to go back to oblivion 4, you and your partner could spawn in the same location, opposite locations, etc, and movement to your correct part of the map would hinder your EPH, which is already lowered due to FM buffs. Having in map buffs wouldn’t single handedly save oblivion4, but it’d be a huge step in the right direction.

But tbh, I’d go one step further and let people tele or get doored in without prequests. There’s not really a reason to finish the quests unless you’re 180+ because nothing beats 7F, and there are so many better things to do. Why sink in like 5 hours to grind at a suboptimal map like oblivion 4 in both EPH and money? Some might say that oblivion 4 is great for money, but it really isn’t because the potion costs are much higher compared to 7F and also because PoTs are like 1m ea now. If oblivion4 was the best end game map, it’d make sense to have prequests done for it, but since it isn’t, having the prequests creates an unnecessary barrier to an already dead map.

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'd rather not see ToT become an added leech spot for sellers and instead kept as a viable, secluded area for people who enjoy self-leeching.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I think your statement would work if not for the existence of I/L mages. People have already tested Oblivion 4 and found that the leech there is pretty high, almost if not comparable to 5-6F leech. Adding mules to the mix might benefit mages more than attackers

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    what's wrong with implementing changes that benefits everyone? why must there be a loser

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:16 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    coz if leeching becomes good there, then there will be problems tryin to get a spot for grinding. Unless u wanna add dungeons inside.

Tho this is kinda a weak defense coz 7F exist

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think this is usually the common argument for most changes on this server. And it's a good thing to consider, but currently almost no one uses these maps regularly anyways, besides ML5. I doubt muling will change that.

The problem is that the mob's level is too high (lvl 131), so even if obv5 is technically on par with 5-6F solo mage (and much worse than duo mage), it wouldn't be used. Also obv5 requires around 1415 tma to 1H which is around lvl 180 with 2b in gear. Most leech sellers would have no reason to put that much investment into a mage for subpar leech. AFAIK, there are no other maps that are comparable to their corresponding level range meta leech maps (ulu2/3, petri, skele). I could do more testing to be sure, but I just honestly don't think leeching will be a problem here.

The only possible congestion i can foresee is ML5, because people camp there for dodo and grind for meso. And if we introduce a new meta meso area for non-mages, that's a win in my book.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't understand these leech comments at all.

Solo mage leech at 5-6F has a lower TMA threshold than ob5 and gives the same EPH as ob5 with way lower time and meso investment (don't have to do 999 quest on mules and need way less gear to get same EPH at 5-6F). In addition, duo mage leech at 5-6F blows ToT completely out of the water still. So then why would anyone want to sell or buy leech at ToT even if these changes are implemented?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The only argument I can see, is that 5-6F is a meso sink, but obv2/5 is decent mesos. I tested this a bit with FM HS/MU and obv2 is around like 4-5m raw meso and about 10 equips (or around 1.5 pinaka)+ 30-40 ores + 2 scrolls per hour. I did this before the obv2 PoT inclusion, so not too sure the PoT drop rate, but in Obv5 is around 1.5-2/hr. However, since there's no sweepers, I have to alter my route a little (basically ult alternating high and low platforms to loot). This is around 70-75 eph solo mage with 1 leecher.

So obv 2 for I/L is directly comparable to Skeles, which is around 70m eph and 10m meso/hr for 1H bishops. Both are around the same tma as well (around 1300). Note: I/L can't actually do the meta skele rotation because of the slower cast speed i believe.

I haven't done extensive testing for obv 5, but it's a little more exp but a little less meso.

Also, I know that some other maps require FM buffs, so i'm curious, how consistent is this while grinding? Like for shad/NL it's easy because of the avoid, but it's honestly pretty difficult to find opportunities when you're not being hit. Also, sometimes the first click of the 'Free Market' button doesn't actually work. I usually have to spam it and wait 2-3 seconds, and sometimes I get hit in the interim. It honestly lowers the eph a lot. Any tips?

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Unless you clear prequest on your hs mule, place it on the same map you farming, then invite / kick to buff HS, you are going to have to deal with this inefficiency.

15. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah, hence the suggestion I guess :p

16. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    So ToT muling shouldn't be viable because it's comparable to (if not worse) than maps that already exists? Makes sense.

If I was a leecher and I had the option between a map I can just walk to, or a map that requires like 12k worth of kill quests, both giving roughly the same eph, which one would I choose?
    I'd love to do ob maps on my il but if I can't bring my hs mule, it's just not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    12:16 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Bump.
    Pretty sure the door muling to Oblivion 4 / RoR 4 / ML 4 has been patched. LF> Quality of life updates for our boy Temple of time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. OP
    OP
    whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah, I think all the gray-area ways to get mules in ToT has been patched.