1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Mob Routing in Shaolin Temple

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Pepper, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    5:48 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): While attempting to kill mobs in Shaolin Temple, I noticed that they keep getting stuck in certain areas and will not leave those areas, even when being hit. This was only tested on 1-2F, as I did not go deeper into the temple.
    What is supposed to happen?: They should route throughout the level they are on, and follow/attack the player if they are attacked.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: 1-2F (specifically channel 2)
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): See video
    https://youtu.be/rPxphGo3vy8

2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Monsters that can jump often get stuck in certain areas that walking monsters don't. This is just how MS is programmed. (See Parlor, where Anego and Extra Ds can walk the entire map, but Extra As and Extra Bs are boxed in their spawning areas)

3. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Well this is every single mob doesn't route so I can pretty much stand in 3 places and never take damage. Don't think that was the intention.

4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    2:48 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Even though it feels broken that they can't go chase you, these 'invisible walls' are one of the main reasons 5-6F isn't completely insane exp. Bishops would probably be able to get 100m eph solo... But you balance maps using janky coding i guess :p

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:48 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I hope it's kept as a feature because the invisible walls make it the only half-decent minimal attention training spot for ranged characters in late third/early fourth job.

• Agree Agree x 2