1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Update: March 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:19 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

The following changes have been applied to Gachapon

- Increased the chance for 'Legendary category' for both Regular and Rare Gachapon ticket
    - Increased the odds of White Scroll to appear when it falls on Legendary Category
    - Increased the odds of Chaos Scroll to appear when it falls on Legendary Category
    - Decreased the odds of any of the capes appearing when it falls on Legendary Category*

*Seeing the global Legendary rates has been increased as well, this is basically the same still as it was before.

For information on what the categories mean click here for the Gachapon guide

Random fact: It appears the last Gachapon rate change here was all way back in 2019, so it's about time for some more tweaks, especially with the huge user count difference between then and now.

These changes are applied immediately.

• Like Like x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    7:19 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    kimmy says hi to all ws speculators

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    6:19 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
  4. hydro350

hydro350 Snail

Mar 1, 2021
    Male
    3:49 PM
    Ah, white and chaos scroll prices going down down. Loads of ppl getting them now.

5. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    10:19 AM
    renew
    Now sit back & relax and watch all ws/cs bulkers panic

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    3:19 AM
    Forget to add a 0 somewhere?

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    As usual with buffs, people hoarding Gachapon Tickets are now mass exchanging them. It seems over buffed, but this happens literally every single time. On top of that, people hoarding WS/CS are now mass-selling them because they expect the prices to drop (where previously they hoard them to sell them as expensive as possible later).

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Chaos Scroll 115 mil > 130 mil+

White Scroll 140 mil > 180 mil+

I'm not understanding how more means increased price while less should be more in price?

Would like if someone could explain that because theres a lot out there however its going up rather than down.

• Funny Funny x 9
  9. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    I can confidently guess that the average player is not hoarding gach to turn in after buffs, and if that is the case all these unannounced and over seemingly tuned buffs are doing is perpetuating that behavior.

Also using White Scrolls and Chaos as a currency for bartering is not "hoard them to sell them as expensive as possible later", you understand that right? There is a limit to Mesos you can hold and at a certain point trading items with items is the only sensible option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fortunately, we have the logs and data, so instead of assuming we got the facts.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Its actually going up for some strange reason.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Facts about what point exactly? You analyzed the logs to see which users were using all the gach recently and matched it across all their accounts to conclude most of the increase was due to hoarding? Pretty heavy data analysis there.

Why not publish the new and old rates then, you know, the facts. Also my second point was the only question so not sure why you only addressed my meaningless speculation point.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The fact that gach is about 3-4 times as much used now compared to other days.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Even for us commoners, it's a safe assumption that people are mass exchanging all their gach rn which makes it seem like the rates are over inflated. Look at #screenshot channel on discord, several people took screenshots and/or discussed having hundreds of gach tickets that they exchanged in the past 24 hours

15. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Of course there will be a small burst immediately after a buff. You must know that a single day of increased gach usage the day of a buff does not in any way prove people hoarded gach for 3 years anticipating a buff. Especially with a number as low as 3-4x. Common sense alone would show the average player, who probably didn't even play 3 years ago isn't waiting for such infrequent buffs to use gach.

Why not provide actual facts or reason for the change other than "doing this effective immediately "

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Where did I imply at all people have been 'hoaring gachapon for 3 years'? I am saying people are hoarding them, I am not saying people are hoarding them for 3 years. You tell me not to judge the increased Gachapon usage just from 1 day, yet some of you are screaming (and scolding me behind my back) that I increased the rates too much based on 1 day of Gachapon buff, which looks more buffed than it actually is because people are using Gachapon now 3 times as much than normally (and the day haven't even ended yet), which increases the announcements you are seeing about people obtaining Legendary items.

You are doing exactly the thing now you are complaining about I am doing, which is judging the increased rates purely from 1 day of Gachapon.

This is how Gachapon changes were always announced, which is what you can see in previous threads as well. We could also not announce it at all, but then people will complain about 'Stealth nerf/buffs' instead.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    What else do you want people to do other than go off the data we have. You just said 3-4x increased ticket redemption, but it seemed like cs and ws were popping up much more frequently than that, leading to the assumption of over buffed.

Why play victim yet again. Just because this is how gach announcement have always been doesn't mean it's the right way. You could prove everyone wrong right now and stop all the criticism by just publishing the rate, or even just say the actual increase. Do you think the actions you described in your first reply to me are the of a healthy economy?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. asfasdfasdf

asfasdfasdf Blue Snail

Mar 3, 2021
    12:19 PM
    Beginner
    That's obviously a false dichotomy; the alternative to 'announcing now, active immediately' by no means has to be 'stealth nerf/buffs.' It could be, for example, announcing and giving time before it takes effect, etc.
    Either way I don't care about that argument too much. I will say that as an onlooker who's completely unaffected by this, it seems a bit disheartening to play and invest time and effort in something where the mods could just one day spontaneously decide to screw me over for recognizing an item could rise in value and 'hoarding it' to eventually make a profit, as opposed to immediately selling whatever I get.

The idea that 'oh, it's been 2 years, so it's time for a change' is in conflict with how an economy works.

19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am not playing the victim. I am just calling you out for being a hypocrite - complaining about something you are doing yourself.

Anyway, as with every Gachapon change, this backlash happens all the time. The people that just Gached feels betrayed and the ones that still had their Gachapon will mass exchange it now. Likewise, when a nerf happens, the people that just exchanged in time will be happy and the ones that were 'hoarding' them feels betrayed.

Changes just happen, and it's been about 2 years since the last Gachapon change happened, and it's understandable not everyone is happy about it. It is what it is, and changes like these will remain at all times.

I'll end this discussion now and will no longer reply, and I suggest personally to just wait the Gachapon out in the coming days, once people mass-exchange much less.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  20. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Clearly you lack the understanding of what hypocrite means.

No one mentioned feeling betrayed, should be clear my main point is about the lack of transparency in this, and most things. If you came out and said what the actual change was, or more importantly, WHY, people would probably be much happier. But as usual, Kimmy's personal feeling and hidden motives will guide the changes.

Thanks for reading and please don't reply as I will not be monitoring this thread any more.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2