1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Update: March 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Mar 26, 2021.

1. asfasdfasdf

asfasdfasdf Blue Snail

Mar 3, 2021
    8:22 AM
    Beginner
    Honestly that 'why' is probably what irks me as well. Thanks for putting it in the post, helped me put my finger on it.

2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:22 AM
    Moderator Post
    The short answer is that the Gachapon rates were still based on the userbase from early 2019, which is way before we had an explosion of the user base. Now, this said user base explosion is slowly getting to the end game, thus the demand for end game scrolls increases. We have slightly increased the rates to make scrolls still obtainable without tearing your day in and out.

This is how the Gachapon rates have been since day one, and they had their rate changes multiple times over the years.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    1:22 AM
    Although I think what you're saying here is definitely understandable, in my opinion, announcing the gach rate change "before it takes effect" would be more or less pointless. There's not really any real difference in the effect of an unexpected and immediate "change effective immediately" versus an unexpected "announcement of a change that will be implemented in x days." The key word here is "unexpected" (which means that the only way you can guard against this is to anticipate the change yourself ahead of time). It's nobody's fault in particular, but if you spend a large amount of meso on white scrolls that are rapidly increasing in price, it's not so unreasonable that there is some risk involved in that investment.

4. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    11:22 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    How would announcing ahead of time be any different? Imagine if staff said "Hey we're adjusting WS/CS rates a week from now", wouldn't that trigger the same type of fire sale, which would drive the cost of these items down?
    I've also seen people in other threads suggest that staff would announce nerfs/changes ahead of the nerf/change. I don't think I've ever played a game where any nerf was announced ahead of time. Change happens and we have to adjust to it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I think the change to gachapon stacking in 100 instead of 1 around October 2020 alongside the 2-3 grind heavy events have contributed to this big one-time event in the supply of scrolls and rare equipment. In a world where gach was limited to the cash shop inventory, I think the scale of change would have been a little less dramatic. Players would have likely have been using their tickets more frequently instead of dumping them all at once.

IMO, this particular change doesn't seem like a bad thing. I've been collecting data on various scrolls through owls, so I'm pretty confident that the price of CS/WS actually has been increasing steadily in the past 3-6 months. There's been some notable discussion on this topic recently.

https://owlrepo.com/items?keyword=White Scroll
    https://owlrepo.com/items?keyword=Chaos Scroll

From about the beginning of December 2020 to before the adjustment in rates, the minimum price of CS went from 114m to 143m (~25% increase) and WS from 138m to 185m (~34% increase).

It's clear after almost of a day of people cashing in that the prices are falling back down to what they were a few months ago (albeit in a dramatic fashion last night).

https://owlrepo.com/listing/cb7143de-541c-44db-a831-634a0c323a59

There are more people playing the game and reaching the late game. The number of players reaching level 200 has grown a lot recently (as of January 2021):

upload_2021-3-27_13-51-3.png
    (link: https://ml-ranking.geospiza.me)

It seems natural that people want to min-max and get perfect equips, which drives the market for legendary scrolls. And a single player needs quite a few to reach their goals (if their goals are reaching best in slot). This might also be a nice time for newer players to get equipment that's considered end-game but too expensive to afford (I'm looking at you, Purple Surfboard and Sky Ski market).

I doubt there's a way to adjust rates for the current population in a way that doesn't cause the market to go wonky, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Looking how there might be confusion about gacha rates and people hoarding gacha tickets, I would just like to show that this scenario is definitely possible (provided in screenshot below). Personally, I just collect tickets for fun, but I can also believe that old veterans, especially those that remember the 2019 gacha buff, might be stashing gacha ticket for this day to come.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 1.41.43 PM.png

Have fun mapling yall!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I agree to what you said here, I've had a few where people just use 2 rare gach and get two CS in a row.. others use far more than that and keep getting megaphone or potions..

Why publish a rate when people would probably think about how gach works and then wait for a certain percentage in that 24 hours and be like "wait for it.. WS!" uses 1 rare gach ticket and gets a WS.
    "wait for it.. CS!" gets a CS. (idk if this is what would happen, but it could.. maybe.)

Good luck in gach when you get somewhat enough for something worth it.

8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:07 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Thanks ML team for buffing rates. The increasing price of WS have honestly been one of the main reasons why many of my friends and I barely log on anymore or do any content at all because you barely make mesos bossing anyway. The amount of time invested grinding mesos just doesn’t seem worth it and we are really jaded. Here’s hoping that this change will help alleviate that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    KimberlyKimberly will you also remove my personal 0% cs/ws rate? Nearly 6 years on the server seems like a good point for me to finally get one OnionSpark

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Today the Gachapon usage already turned back to normal. Just slightly more compared to other days pre-buff, but already much less compared to yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    2:22 AM
    I/L Mage
    And the WS prices have already almost returned to b4 buff state...

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Whoa it's almost like I was right again and people paniced way too much over info they think they know better than us.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    Personally I say awsome job guys ty vm for your hard work this server got a bit boring for me though because only way to make decent money is to sell leech I can't speak for everyone but I have a few friends quit for that reason alone and I can't realy blame them I have said this before and I will say it again increase badge drop rate at the keep so people can actually grind there with a purpose seems like everytime I bring this up it just gets pushed under the rug u pretty much have an amazing gri d spot turn to complete trash because it no longer serve its purpose u guys did a freaking amazing job at TOT 5* job imo adding dungeons adding Portals just awsome ty but same problem drop rate is just so bad u have to realize by now that not everyone wants to just sit there and sell leech all day give use more ways to make money plz ik the game has alot more to go and so far I ha e to admit it u guys are doing great but plz think of us that realy don't wana sell leech but forced to

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    Yea many of my friends left for mainly not having many ways yo actually make raw cash lol non of them wana make makes to sell leech and to be honest selling leech is just not fun at all by the time u wana do stuff ur to drained to do anything else

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yeah, we are also still working on other and new content, but lets keep this topic about Gachapon

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Since the prices are already back at the old level and many people have used up their ticket stash, now would be a great time to increase the ws/cs rates.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I don't think player's gacha stack size should be a factor that influence ws/cs rates. In my opinion, it goes against balancing ws/cs to begin with.

18. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I'd actually be curious to know how much the Gacha stack size change has influenced the market since its implementation.

Otherwise I have no idea why people are complaining about appropriately easier access to ws/cs. As one of those players from the boom approaching endgame, thank you, this seems like a reasonable change.

19. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    CS was about 115~120 mil WS was like 140~143 mil when I started playing

and currently CS is 160~165 mil and white scroll is 170~200 mil.. I don't think thats going back to the prices, plus people are getting more and more faster which means theres more in the market so it should be going down not up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Just like many of your forum posts, the market does not need to be rational.

• Funny x 13
    • Great Work x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1