1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't vote

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by AmazingUFO, Mar 31, 2021.

1. AmazingUFO

AmazingUFO King Slime

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    5:05 PM
    AmazingUFO
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Hi! haven't been able to vote in my account for more than 2 weeks. I wrote to GMs through disc twice and told me to follow steps in a link to try to fix it. None worked. Wrote to gtop twice already and have no answer. Mr Slothie tried to help me as well but we couldn't solve the problem. Please help! running out of nx : (

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:05 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    0th, vote is limited for 1 times per IP. make sure to know this.
    Once you voted on another account, you can't vote on another one with same IP.

1st, are you using internet which isn't private, but can be shared with someone?
    (like, dormitory one, office, or w/e, or, sharing wi-fi which isn't secured?)

there's chance of someone else voted ahead of you, so ur IP is already used.

if 1st isn't issue, 2nd, try to delete cache of your browser and try it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:05 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    If you have an extension blocking Javascript it can also interfere with the voting. Does the voting go through the gtop website, or what happens?

4. OP
    OP
    AmazingUFO

AmazingUFO King Slime

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    AmazingUFO
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Not the case. No one plays here but me and its a private connection. Tried the cache thing as well, its part of whats listed in the lnik sent by GMs.

5. OP
    OP
    AmazingUFO

AmazingUFO King Slime

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    AmazingUFO
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    I solve the animals figure thing and then press the red button! then it says i already voted in red letters, not the "thank you!" that used to appear.

6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    8:05 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    You should remove your account name from the post as that is a security issue.

Every time I vote on PC it will tell me I already voted and if I just press back and go back in it will work the second time. Have you tried this?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Is this on a computer or a phone?

If you’re on a computer, what browser are you using?

also, just to be clear, you should be clearing your cookies, and not the cache. But keep in mind this will log you out of all sites that have “remember me” checked off. If you’re on a computer, you can clear cookies specifically from GTOP through your browser’s web developer tools. If you’d like me to explain just let me know!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    AmazingUFO

AmazingUFO King Slime

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    AmazingUFO
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Several times and at different times of the day

9. OP
    OP
    AmazingUFO

AmazingUFO King Slime

Aug 26, 2018
    Male
    AmazingUFO
    I/L Arch Mage
    SURRA
    Yeah i did the cookies thing as well. Im using chrome on my mac and also on my phone. None works. In my phone it doesnt charge when i try to log in ._.

10. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    okay, I have a theory on how to fix this on a computer but I haven't tested it out. It looks like a lot but I swear it's not that bad! Let me know if it works or if it doesn't :)

I also added instructions for something you can try on your phone at the bottom.

On your computer:
    1. Open an incognito window in Chrome (Command + Shift + N)
    2. Copy the link below, paste into the incognito tab and edit the ending so that instead of AccountName it is your actual account name
    Code:
    https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleStory/sitedetails/MapleLegends-The-Old-School-MapleStory-Server-FULLY-MAC-Compatible-No-
    Hackers-87398?vote=1&pingUsername=AccountName
    (this is something you can do in general by the way, so that you don't have to log into ML website every time you vote)

3. Now that you're on GTOP, press Command + Shift + I and a box will pop up on the side of your screen like in the image below. If it doesn't work, you can click on the "..." menu button on the top-right > More Tools > Developer Tools.

Press Command + Shift + M or click on the phone/tablet icon that is circled in green:
    upload_2021-3-31_23-34-6.png

4. Now your webpage on the left should look like a phone screen. Click on Responsive, and pick one of the options (maybe pick something different from the phone you have):
    upload_2021-3-31_23-36-29.png

5. On the right side of your screen, go to Application and then under Cookies right-click on https://gtop100.com and click Clear. All those cookies listed on the right with shit like "ls098sodifu039usf09dj0js" should be gone now.

upload_2021-3-31_23-39-7.png

6. Refresh the page, then try to vote and let me know if it works!

---

Also, another thing you can try for your phone is to
    1. Copy the link with the correct username already edited (it's really hard to edit it once you've pasted it)
    2. Open incognito mode on your phone's browser and paste the link
    3. Go to the browser's menu or "..." button and press Request Desktop Site. The page will reload, and then you can try to vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1