1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Preview of some of the revamped maps

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Apr 3, 2021.

1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    11:57 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Ellin Forest revamp next? Love the vibe but Neckson didn't do the area justice :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:57 PM
    Moderator Post
    You talk about Fantasy Theme Park 3?

3. Zapps

Zapps Red Snail

Apr 1, 2020
    Male
    10:57 AM
    MattTheSair
    Corsair
    WeenieHutJrs
    yup, there may be tele spots on top platforms already, havent been there in a while

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Nah. This map has no teleporters

5. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Ariant is definitely one of my favorite places, lovely to see it being tweaked.
    Simpclair approved

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm fond of the concept of balancing maps and even the concept of looking at things that GMS did right over the years.

One downside, though, is that I don't believe you can scale lower-level maps in the same way that GMS can. Lower level jobs in v62 are incredibly limited in their movement and mobbing. Adding teleporters to navigate a large map doesn't work in the same way as it does in v2XX because classes are still slow and limited in their AoE.

I personally considered Ariant and Magatia perfect as they were. It was comfortable to quest through and even melee classes had a chill time because it was relatively dense. Ranged classes had an equally good time because there were ways to manouvre the map without getting swamped.

This change can make it nicer for ranged, but melee classes will never get the compensation from teleporters to make this viable.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:57 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I've always wanted dead-content regions to have seasonal buffs where exp or meso rates could be tweaked to make it more aligned to meta maps.
    For example, having Magatia buffed during Halloween event in conjunction with some regional ETCs required for the event dailies. Or El Nath for Christmas. Or Aqua Road for Summer.

Promoting seasonal meta maps in conjunction with seasonal events would really allow people to explore the commonly unexplored areas of Maple.

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The problem with this concept is that it forces people to go to places, which they may not enjoy doing. The better goal is to make it enjoyable and optional, and I don't think making maps OP by giving it bonus EXP, which forces people to go to those places is the right approach.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This could be circumvented by having part of the dailies be tradeable ETC from specific regions. It would create a separate market for event ETC that lower level players could capitalize on while training in a new area that is incentivized with the added exp and meso bonuses. There was a good attempt at this during the Halloween event with the PC Cafe, but the rewards themselves weren't enough IMO.

You don't necessarily have to keep the Event NPC at the off-meta region either. You could have the initial questline start there but have the daily NPC in other, more popular and accessible regions.

I really liked last year's anniversary event and how it encouraged the use of the newly added Nautilus/Omega portal during the dailies. Forcing people to explore is an all around good move, imo. It leads people to the realization that there is still a lot of content out there that they never would have otherwise stepped foot in, and it could even trigger other enjoyable moments (like organic card hunting) outside of the optimized/meta track people seem to obsess over.

10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    In terms of buffing and spawns of certain maps i just think more maps need to be similar to Forest of Golem type stuff where its not quite top tier like GS2 and others but its a damn good option and there are choices for both melee and ranged (by using platforms) on the same map. Once again you wouldnt need to make the map longer at all to do this because i feel elongating it is far too tedious.

Even for party play I always felt that Maple worked better as vertical maps rather than horizontal.

11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have to agree with majority of the comments here. Ariant/Magatia was actually my favorite set of maps to card hunt in because of the size, layout, and spawn density. They are very relaxed and comfortable to use. I don't personally feel that they need such drastic changes. I don't find them boring as they are now.

I also agree that their level range isn't really a great area of maps to be focused on changing. I don't know how most people play, and each person likes to do things differently - however, when I first started we did mostly quests because it was much faster than solo grinding at low level. The quests didn't start to drop off until around level 50.

I think a good move would be to upgrade maps in nearby areas to PQs that would allow for users to grind mobs and check for PQ parties/join PQs easier. Although there is a PQ in Magatia, the level range is decently high and majority of the mobs in that area aren't great for grinding.

Also as I am currently playing an Archer, I am level 132 and I can't find a decent place to obtain exp by solo grinding. Many of the high level mobs have ranged attacks which make them more difficult to kill. Other areas are so over crowded with no safe locations for you to stand and attack. The HP levels of the mobs are usually pretty high so it takes a moment to kill them and you can easily get mobbed by spawns. Then the exp given is very slow because you are killing slower (single target) than other users who can mob and do massive damage attacks. Though maybe I am just from a bad point of view because I am washing, I am able to kill mobs in Shaolin 1-2F, but my rate is roughly 0.70-0.75% per 5 minutes there, where most other classes can pass me with ease. It would be nice to have better 120+ locations for ranged characters to be able to grind and not have to only level on bosses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cascades

Cascades Slime

Jul 2, 2020
    Male
    Cascades, Crater
    Hero
    Homies
    Feel free to dismiss this as a tangential conversation Kimmy, but is there any thought on adjusting some of the experience given for quests in level ranges that are a concern or that players stall out in?

One of the things I love about Legends is the 3x experience for questing. However, at some point, the experience that you end up getting becomes totally irrelevant.

Adjusting some of the quests in a given level range to be more "worth it" would really incentivize visiting different areas that are lacking the love right now, instead of forcing "grind spots" that might just be overtaken by leeching. It might also be easier to adjust experience constants rather than create new maps or dungeons from scratch.

Regardless, love the different ideas and feedback threads lately.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    4:57 PM
    Making maps larger doesn't really help anything. It just makes it tedious to get through, especially if you have a lack of speed. That's really it.
    Can't you just buff monster spaw and whatnot without increasing such things?
    Areas that aren't used need to be buffed, and areas that are used are fine.

No one uses El Nath or higher Aqua, don't think many people bother with the early Leafre maps, either.

Maybe we should conduct a survey of places people have trained at for their chars, so we can see what areas are used, how much they are used etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I know it's not in Ariant/Magatia but in Sleepywood I'd like the 999 kill quests to give much more XP and also more repeatable 999 kill quests for mobs later in Sleepywood such as Dark Drakes. Repeatable quests are cool IMO because you can do them in a group and everybody gets EXP but they also never have a risk of becoming leech spots or super OP since you can only do them once per day.

• Agree Agree x 6