1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A single Ch that cannot be used for leeching

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drkaio12, Apr 5, 2021.

1. drkaio12

drkaio12 Red Snail

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    2:31 AM
    Radiohead
    Dragon Knight
    Funk
    Hello! I don't know how many people here is also like that but I have an addiction on completing quests so I travel the maple world really often. One problem I always had is with doing quests that requires to kill or take etc items from monster that are mostly used for leeching (Boat Quay Town ghosts, Ulu Estate monsters, etc). As all ch are always full and the people in there kill all the mobs in the map at once with mage skills, I don't have a chance and waste a lot of time to get the items I need.

Would it be possible that one ch be exclusive for people who are not leeching? (Like ch8 or any other randomly).

Thanks!

2. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    1:31 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    If you just need etcs you can ask the leechers for it and unless they don’t understand what you’re saying, I can almost guarantee they’ll give them to you.

If you need the kills then I can see how that’s an issue and understand your frustration. But how many quests require kills from meta leech maps? And for how many of them is it truly difficult to complete?

• Jr Wraith and Wraith: not sure if they have a killing quest. If so, there’s like 5 maps for each of them in Kerning
    • Red slime and firebomb: easy to find a ch
    • Pac Pinky, Slimy, and Selkie Jr: can be done at MP3. They also have dungeons
    • Windraiders: easy to find a channel
    • Wolf spiders: no alternative
    • CDs: not sure if they have a quest. But a lot of ppl at CDs are grinders, so you could ask to join party or just grind there
    • Veetron: can be done at ulu1 dungeon, ulu2 dungeon
    • Berserkie: can be done at ulu city entrance
    • Montrecer: very easy to find an open ulu3 channel
    • Slygie: can be done at destroyed park I, ulu2 dungeon
    • Petri: fairly easy to find an open petris channel
    • Skeles: no quest but there’s two maps and a dungeon
    • Shaolin 5-6 mobs: easy to find a channel nowadays and also there’s a dungeon
    The dungeons already alleviated the bulk of these issues. Only wolf spiders and slygie would be difficult, and imo it’s not worth changing the fundamental server structure to make it easier for questers to kill 100 wolf spiders or slygies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    drkaio12

drkaio12 Red Snail

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    2:31 AM
    Radiohead
    Dragon Knight
    Funk
    Thanks for the reply, it is usefull. I have no intention to harm anyone!

4. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    1:31 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    No problem, glad I could help! and don’t worry about it I know you have good intentions :)

5. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    10:31 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I also don't even know how something like this can be implemented. If a map exists, then it can be leeched. Unless you make the map 1 person only or something, which I'm guessing would require a big system change and would cause more negative impact than positive.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:31 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's definitely an interesting concept - adding an additional channel where Mapowner rules don't apply and is thus Free-For-All. You could just KS freely and annoy leechers out of the map. It could also be the normalized channel people go to look for party grinding.

• Like Like x 1