1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Making towns / Henesys more alive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    1:41 PM
    Resta
    Bishop
    Not sure how this could be done code-wise, but what if all towns existed in only one channel/instance? Let’s say you’re playing in channel 7 and return to town - you join the same instance as everyone else, but when you re-exit back to a monster-map you revert back to channel 7.

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    9:41 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    How about a daily repeatable message-delivery quest in Henesys between Henesys NPCs. Maybe include other Victoria towns but make it center around Henesys NPCs. That way people who want to do something low-barrier of entry could stick around Henesys for some daily small tasks. You know, think of minor custom quests for this. Rewards could be like the jump quest rewards (refined ores and such), or buff rewards (something like a bless + att/matt buff, or maybe +x% exp for 30 min buff)

You could maybe even do several, based on existing quests (simple lore like Chief Stan and his son, or Bruce and the girl from Perion (I think?), and more). And thus, have different quests for different days + have different quests for higher lvls (as they could have experienced more of Maple lore in quests).

3. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Probably a lot of cringe and poorly worded ideas but maybe it contains something of use;

I'm mostly thinking about limiting what the FM can do without truly harming people. Though I hear the same issue about the FM, "fm is dead", I'd personally enjoy lively towns much more, and leave the FM for cross-region chat/afking and trading.
    Not many people seem to agree with me but I personally found the ingame playerbase to not be as friendly as others servers I've played, feels like there's too many cliques going around here, not sure how to put it in words but I feel like people would be more open if they actually come together to chill in towns and keep their circle-chat to guild/buddy or isolated areas and such. From what I can tell people tend to talk to random a lot faster at KPQ, ludi pq, hene hunting ground, etc.

Obvious one is doing something with channels, perhaps warping people to channel1 upon entering, but leaving other channels open. With all the cutscene/warping going on in maple I wonder if thats a possibility.

Disable FM rolling: Not that having all rollers spam hene chat is a great thing, but what about making it possible in the mini-game area of henesys only? Or perhaps locking specific channels to rolling?

GM buffs in towns: GM buffs are great, and it would be annoying if youre in say, elnath and you can't make it but the buffs are special as is, if GM buffs aren't done in the FM as often, but anounced to be in X town, people would come together much more. There'd be plenty of people just going back and forth for the buffs ofcourse, but you'd be packed with people, it would put people on boats and make them travel, and having to cross a region for GM buffs could be a reason to change what you're doing a little. I find it unfortunate to see meta-spots being camped and other places gathering dust. Currently I'm just questing around and I genuinely have a blast being in a mix of planning ahead and finding random things to do. Even for just grinding this could increase variety a tad. If you're training in Ariant and GM buffs are in hene, take the boat and train in ant tunnel with your buffs instead. And so on.

Some other ideas;

NX slimes, or similar unique npcs. I have no clue how it could be made fair for everyone, but that aside I don't think it would be all that harmful, most people want APRs, some people donate, if a NX slime would drop a completely (with few exceptions perhaps) random NX item, with the massive amount of items we have in the game I'm sure it can be made so it has a very low impact, but remains interesting. Perhaps add an exchange NPC with it.

Are guildpoints a thing? Are they useful? Can they be made more useful without being "needed"? Megaphones, tele rocks, untradable pots, minor map-buffs whatever. If being in towns would grant these points to some degree it would be a reason to go there, sounds realistic to make them kinda-interesting without putting preassure on people to create massive guilds or farm points and all that. Would probably be a good way to promote social/newbie friendly guilds aswell, not that there aren't guilds like that already but if they would be more interesting or have reasons to actively seek people I think that new players will less commonly feel left-out, stranded for pots, etc.

Map-themes, might just be me because I'm a huge sucker for BGMs, visuals sounds and so on but I really miss some festivity in MapleLegends.

Staff members being AFK, seems to make people swarm around a bit more.

Enabling owls outside the FM, really just another why-not thing. If I happen to wanna owl something, having to click on the trade button is one of the reasons I'd rather just stay in the FM to chat.

Leaderboards of some kind, like the guild-rock. Jumpquest rankings, guildpoints, time afked, whatever.

More competitions, guilds, outfits, quizzes whatever. A small incentive to "play" around in towns would make things look very lively.

Edit: I assume there are reasons it hasn't been done yet, but to reduce multiclienting muling trading dropping etc in the FM for convinience, perhaps increase the amount of baseline slots in storage NPCs, Inventory slots cost a lot as is but storage slots are just a big.. why, why would I waste APR nx on storage slots if I can make a mule and park it in the FM regardless.
    Woulnd't completely solve the issue, but just like with owls, its just some harmless convinience. I'd much rather play fullscreen and log out to grab some items and going "brb" in hene and talk to the storage NPC than launch another client, click trade, trade my items and then.. probably stay in the FM because why would I leave?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JASSO2U

JASSO2U Slime

Jun 8, 2017
    Male
    12:41 PM
    Biltrie
    F/P Wizard
    Honestly I don't even like the FM button and I rarely use it lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    3:41 AM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    I don't mind just getting rid of the FM button.

However, I'm kinda spoiled by it now. MapleF4

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. mukiday

mukiday Slime

Aug 25, 2020
    Female
    3:41 PM
    MukiDay
    I/L Wizard
    Nice
    This might be a bit difficult to pull off not sure:

Maya's house could be like a party themed daily mini-event. I think it should be low-key enough so that people can have fun and socialize during the process. The premise is that Maya is throwing a party (daily) at her house and she wants people to come to her house. So basically a daily community quest where when a certain amount of people give her an etc. drop (maybe like a present that only drops at HHG1), she can gm buff everyone in her house and there would be like confetti. Kinda like the maple tree. But that could get annoying for people because of smegas...not sure. Or instead of GM buff she can open up a portal on the left in her house to a special map "garden" where monsters drop special drops. Kinda like an "invite-only" mini dungeon based on who did the quest that day. But the portal only opens up when Maya gets "x" amount of people to finish the daily quest.

I personally remember chilling at HHg1 and Mayas house and it was a fun time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. naice

naice Slime

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    shopify
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm a big fan of this idea.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. OYM

OYM Master Chronos

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    10:41 PM
    As an old school player, at a lot of the platforms, henesys doesnt needs a change.
    People come henesys becouse they want to tallk with another people . Just because they want, but, the FM is very different from the other platforms because people in Legends are not selling or spamming in the FM like S> CS so people (Higher levels) are talking there (in my point the FM is only for the higher levels). At royales for example, people selling and spamming in the fm, of course talking there and the most of them are meeting in Henesys.

My suggestion is to do more GM's event, that one of the NPC's will be in Hene and at most of the towns but not in the FM.
    another suggestion is GM buffs not only for the people in the FM, also in Henesys.
    (That was only my suggestion).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GARRYtheGOON

GARRYtheGOON Slime

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    5:41 AM
    Garry
    Bowman
    What if town specific portal scrolls were global? I wouldn't necessarily help with population, but it would definately increase traffic in towns, and there is the off chance a newbie will stop u to ask questions. u could also increase town portal specific prices, as a meso sink.
    It wouldn't make tele rocks redundant, cause you still need to get to elnath or ToT, etc. through the normal means, and u still need orbis boat to fight the balrogs, for cards, quests and nice chairs.
    A solution that would probs require less coding than the other alternatives, and would definately increase traffic. plz dont roast me to hard.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. PhiroX

PhiroX Snail

Apr 3, 2021
    Male
    4:41 PM
    PhiroXx
    Thief
    i like this idea. Make daily quest or something like that.

11. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Would it be possible to teleport islanders back and forth from Pet Park & Maple Island?

For the purpose of doing the Jump Quest to earn 3 pets, and use 3 pets on Maple Island?

Kind of like how the teleporter of Pet Park teleports the person back where they entered from, similar to the event maps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    We need new styles in the CashShop to show off to each other in Henesys.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    S> KPQ track

14. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    Make player lvl base grinding dungeons with specific mobs and put the npc to enter them at hen

15. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Good luck getting rid of the F(ast) M(ule) button at this point :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    FM button is not going to be removed. Please refrain from making posts that straight up say 'Remove the button'.

Also, nerfing existing features to attract people to Henesys is not really a good approach either, especially those that really do not care about this at all; it would just ruin their current experience with this server. The best approach would be a new feature, so nothing negative happens to the server, and only improve upon it, making everyone happy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Get rid of the disgusting Maple TVs and I'll chill in any town you want.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Henesys does not have the TV...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    I was more or less saying get rid of all of them. They're an eyesore.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  20. Cutty

Cutty Red Snail

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Gunzo
    Corsair
    Vengeance
    You could put a permanent wooden dummy so people can show off their damage,
    maybe add a level-based leaderboard for highest recorded damage too

• Like Like x 5