1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

More 15% Scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JDPJHC, Apr 5, 2021.

1. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    10:15 PM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    This is something that just crossed my mind, but I think it would be interesting to introduce more 15% scrolls into MapleLegends.

To those that may not know, 15% scrolls are already in the game. They give the same stats as a 10% but are untradeable.
    upload_2021-4-5_12-53-43.png
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040820

Now, imagine if there was maybe one for every 10% in the game. Keep the drop rate the same/similar to the current 15% Gloves for DEX scroll. Maybe we could make them drop from other non-meta mobs, and keep them untradeable.

It probably wouldn't be very easy to farm a lot of these to make a perfect weapon, since you can expect to spend about 20-50 white scrolls on most partially completed equips. However, I think this could introduce an interesting and new way to make perfect gear.

This would be a great way to further spread out more players, and it would also help reduce the number of White Scrolls needed for people to get their perfect weapons.

BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ALREADY MADE THEIR PERFECT GEAR WITH JUST 10%s!

Well, it would be shitty that those people would've had to invest more in their gear. Personally, I've spent over 100 white scrolls on 10% scrolls so I'd definitely relate. But, I still think this suggestion would be beneficial and bring enough positives to make up for it :yay:.

Leave your thoughts below. I'd like to see what others think about this.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Not totally against this idea, but there are several things to keep in mind. First off, that extra 5% is incredibly busted. On average you will take 10 WS to upgrade a slot using 10%. With 15%, you will take on average 6.67ws to upgrade a slot. So based on the current market for WS(175-180m), you would save 180 times 3.33 ~= 600m per upgrade. I'm not entirely sure what the 15% drop rate is for WR, so perhaps someone who trains there/sells leech can provide an estimate.

I also don't think making it untradeable will circumvent people from mass using them. If they are untradeable, people will simply be asking for 15% service. If someone is trying to complete an item, I could easily price each scroll at 50m or more. Let's say I price it at 50m. 6.67 times 180m =1.2b + 50m times 6.67 = 333m = 1.53b, which is still more price efficient than ws10, which is 1.8b.

So if these scrolls are implemented and balanced, I do believe it is a net benefit for the game. Nothing is more tilting than failing 20+ in a row 10%. With 15%, the chances of failing many in a row will be significantly reduced if we take booming items with 70% as an anecdote. Also, I would hope that this would finally price the WS prices lower due to the fact that we don't need to use as many WS to complete a slot. Although I'm not entirely sure about this since people might be incentivized to make more perfect items with the introduction of 15%. I personally would be willing to grind for these scrolls if they were added to drop rates to non-meta high level mobs.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    7:15 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    What if there was some way that causes equips to become untradeable after scrolled with a 15% scroll? That way, perfecters can't buy "15% scroll SVC" since the equip would become untradeable by the SVC seller. So if you want to use WS+15% scroll to perfect a weapon, or if you were slapping 15% DEX/INT scrolls on single earrings, then you are locking that item for your own use. Could be the caveat/tradeoff for using a 15% scroll.

• Creative Creative x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Tbh idk how likely it will be that people would buy a 15% service. Would you really trust a random person with a perfect weapon, and possibly multiple white scrolls? Maybe from a friend but odds are I will not trust someone with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Definitely wouldn't trust a complete stranger, but I can see some of the high profile players selling SVC. Shivering sells white scroll svc right now

6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:15 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Any somewhat trustable WS service seller I'd fully trust with all my gear

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Yes, but a 15% service means you would bring them the white scrolls and weapon. A WS service seller definitely has more stake in the transaction than an owner of a 15% scroll

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'd rather see an increase in white scroll availability than see these scrolls become mainstream.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm so conflicted on this because WS 10% can be so cancer, but on the other hand 15% is kind of broken. Someone already did the math above on taking it down from 10 expected tries to 6.67 which is a lot especially when you consider over the course of multiple slots. A part of me thinks creating perfect weapons should not be too easy, but another part of me feels for people who go 0/20 and 0/30 on WS on 10%.

I think I'm with Akash though; I'd prefer to see WS availability increased rather than see 15% scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Or 0/44

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I have a feeling that these 15% scrolls would be incredibly valuable/powerful. Making them farmable (like at WR) is probably not the greatest idea. The droprate is high, and will create way more supply of better equips, which leads to power creep (i.e 15% the first two slots).

Putting them into gacha with the same rate as some of the rare gacha-only 30% scrolls would be interesting. raysinz estimate seems reasonable in a vacuum, so 15% scrolls priced at 40-50m. But the free market would probably lower the price of WS, as these 15% scrolls would act as a substitute. This might help to lower the variance in profit from gach though.

I do like the idea of making the item untradeable afterward. This will reduce the use of WS on timeless items (which usually take 60-70), which might help lessen the demand for WS a bit.

12. OP
    OP
    JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Yeah, I'd agree as well. There definitely would need to be some polishing and balancing if this idea were to be implemented, but I think it could potentially be done in a good way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    I do like the thought of more 15% scrolls, but my feelings about it are pretty much the same as Shivering's.

If something like this were implemented, maybe for balance purposes these scrolls could be made one of a kind (or X of a kind) to limit the number/frequency of use so people won't hoard them, and make it so if you want to use it for your perfect weapon you'll have to continually grind for these scrolls. You'll still have these scrolls lowering the number of WS used, but at least they'd have to really put in some work (although I feel like this would be a pretty grueling task and I would almost want to just use 10%s instead).

Make the scrolls drop from high level mobs (or bosses?) and make the scrolls drop only for the character that did the most damage to the mobs to combat mule hoarding

14. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    this would actually be a pretty dope drop for bosses. Would allow for more control over scroll generation (i.e. prevent mass farming) + reduce discomfort from buying scrolling services (lower risk in dealing with a known HT hoster than with some rando) + improve HT splits from absolute dog shit to somewhat dog shit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    12:15 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    WS prices are about to go stonks once again. Perfect everything

16. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    With WS at 200m*, each 15% scroll would be worth 100m*. Any sane person will farm it.

17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    10:15 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I don't know, but will this really decrease the cost in making a perfect weapon?
    As the cost you reduced in spending on WS can easily be matched by buying the 15% scroll service.

Overall, I think this should reduce the so ever high WS demands.
    Furthermore, since this will be a new drop. Where and how it drops can be totally plan afresh (reads bossing).

18. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    9:15 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    It's definitely important to look at the numbers when balancing, but when you're getting unlucky while scrolling, it feels like absolute shit.
    If we look at the legendary 0/44, there's only a 0.97% chance of it happening, and while the odds are low af, imagine how much different his gameplay would have been if he went 4/40. That's 7.7b in WS he failed, or 256 hours of selling the most optimal leech in ML, or 214 hours of running 8 clients to do 4 mage ulu1 + cornians.

I know I'm only looking at an extreme edge case, and you hear about people's success stories of going 3/9, 3/8, 4/22, 7/43, 4/4 all the time, it still does feel really bad that your end-end game gear is gated by a 10% scroll.

As someone who has had my fair share of insane WS luck (3/9), and absolute shit luck (3/52), I 100% wouldn't mind WS prices going to the moon if it meant that you're "expected" to pay the same amount of mesos for a +1 on a weapon with a bit less deviation. Of course this sounds like a pain to balance :banghead: