1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:21 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    In before 5 second ult cooldown.

(I know this won't impact this strat.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    10:21 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Will they nerf it, tho?

I mean, it seems silly to entertain the notion that the devs balance the game around people farming maps on four arch-mages at the same time...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    We said the same thing about duo mage 5-6F and 1H skele with taunt, but both those got nerfed with <5 people doing it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Can't really comment on the 5-6 nerf, but the skele taunt nerf makes sense when you look at it as a case of spillover elitism.

People who sold skele leech with taunt mules were getting crazy-high EPH and selling cheap trio leech and they were indirectly screwing over other skele sellers who didn't do the same since buyers began to expect that level of service and pricing. Buyers back then would be like 'why is your EPH so bad, why aren't you running a taunt mule???' to your average 1-hit skele bishop who isn't sweating that hard. And that leads to negative interactions, I guess?

This thing, on the other hand, is just pure meso farm. There's no interaction between players since its just our boi Shivering figuratively jerking himself off in a map by himself. He's not selling leech and thus not imposing expectations onto buyers, only other farmers who might feel inadequate that their farming isn't as effective. But that's about it really.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Adapt or die.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In the past goby was nerfed because you could farm 10m pure raw meso per hour. Basically, simply going by past precedent, it is not a question of IF this strat will get nerfed, but WHEN.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    11:21 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    It was more than 10m per hour, but a lot of what made goby op is gone (SI not working on bishops). However, gobies generating 13-15m an hour at a time when WS was 70m and CS at 40m meant that inflation was bound. The nerfs only took away a few mil but it helped slow down a concern a lot of "endgame" players showed at the time; inflation. Where suggestions such as increasing NLC pot costs were considered by members of many of the goby farmers to avoid prices from increasing.

Times are so different from 2017 and 2021, where bossing yields FAR less meso than it did back then, and even farming doesn't yield as much as gobies did and endgame commodities are prices 3x more than what they used to be. Selling 5-6 is still more profitable (in the case of getting 0 max attack cravens from ulu1 quad mage), and it only requires you to control 2 characters (maybe 3) as opposed to 5 characters. Don't forget that a lot of rules and restrictions from the past are also gone, where multi-voting is a thing and getting multiple mages to 25k+ MP by 130 is possible now, where as back then you had to risk vote abusing, your NX wiped and getting banned, thus MP washing mages wasn't really a thing (nor was HP washing a mage) as most people voted on their attacker account.

Yes I don't deny ULU in general is overpowered, that warrants a nerf on droprate on PE, Ores and Equips but do gut a map cause of quad mage farming is not the right approach. I'd also like to mention that 28m/hr on average for such effort and set-up requirement is IMO justifiable considering current prices for endgame commodities and how utterly bad bossing profits are (that a different subject in itself).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #3. Did 1 more hour today :)

Status on video: LF> sandpicklesandpickle HALP

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some notes for today:
    • I got no sellable equips (F in the chat 1 time)
    • I got 15 gach tickets in 1 hour poggers
    • If anyone cares about NX I got 2850 NX (first time I went up and counted because someone had asked me).
    • This equips table was one of the shittier ones; definitely on the lighter side in terms of equips given to me in an hour; we only got 21 total equips, but we did get quite a few weapons in the pool and were able to net out an NPC profit of 6.4m.
    • [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I also agree with you that 28m/ hr is justifiable for having to control 4 mages, and 2 meso up / sweeper mules. But, a nerf on PE, ores, and equips is still a NERF on this strategy, and I think it is a matter of a time before we see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    3:21 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Good seeing how exactly you'd operate even though it's quite straightforward.

I'm not sure if I want to go this way yet as I'd have to make 3 more arch mages + 1 MU mule with a maxed out flash jump for efficiency it will be some work but probably worth it in the long run. even if ULU1 would get nerfed you'd just move elsewhere with similar gains. Nerfing ULU 1 doesn't seem like a solution in case staff does want to nerf this, perhaps ask if nerfing something that'd effect most players if the right thing to do whilst <1% use this exact tactic

• Like Like x 1
  12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Oof, can't fit a netflix window while using this strat....

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    2nd monitor is the way

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    4:21 PM
    Just wondering with regards to ulu maps. Will duo mage petri/duku out-exp duo-mage 5-6?

15. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    No, afaik nothing gives better exp than duo mage 5-6F

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #4

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some notes for today:
    • Forgot to clip equips inventory before NPCing lol
    • I did 4 hours and got a whopping 3m worth of sellable equips (49/7 craven and a 7/2 warrior OA, but the numbers seem more accurate for these 4 hours than the last 4 hours where we were getting very very lucky with drops)
    • For the profit per hour, it's a bit deflated since the pots spend # is inflated. I have about 12 hours worth of pots on my mages atm so the pots spend # won't be going up with the next 12 hours of data. I think after pots we're close to like 26m per hour so far in net profit which is pretty good :)

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    7m no HS.

18. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    5:21 AM
    Cleric
    There's no justifiable basis for nerfing this particular map or strategy, really. Multi-mage farming can be done on a slew of maps; perhaps not to the same degree of profitability, but that remains to be seen (Squid and Vikerola maps, for example).

Point being that it simply isn't feasible to nerf every potentially profitable map. Ironically, the recent teleporter update may have catapulted quite a few maps into that category. The underlying issue here is obviously infinite multiclienting.

As things stand, allowing everyone to multiclient as they please is the "fairest" way of handling the issue. Shivering himself admits that his setup isn't the most powerful, yet he can pull this off.

Equal opportunity to multiclient virtually mitigates the quality and/or quantity of one's electronics a limiting factor. The main barrier to entry here is time investment, which I don't see a problem with.

MMORPGs are nothing more than a microcosm of larger society; on an even playing field, those who are able to put in the requisite effort will reap the fruits of their labour. Many people have obligations which may prevent them from sinking too many hours into the game, and that's perfectly okay. Time management is in fact healthy behaviour. Attempting to compensate for the differences in time spent on the game by certain groups would be misguided at best.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    4:21 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    where or what is this teleporter update?