1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

To those streamers who got banned from Twitch & Youtube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DickDann, Apr 2, 2021.

1. DickDann

DickDann Blue Snail

Mar 14, 2021
    9:49 PM
    Beginner
    To those streamers who got banned from Twitch & Youtube

MapleChannels.tv is a live stream and video content website for Maplestory Private server community.

Please visit MapleChannels for more detail.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I'm curious, what are your plans for actually hosting streams? I have a suspicion that hosting an RTSP/RTMP server is one of the trickier parts and probably requires a decent amount of computing/bandwidth to do well.

3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Hey this sounds interesting! Maplestory streams have been something I've really missed the past couple months and I'm open for any method that allows for streaming again.
    I'm sure there's a lot of obstacles involved with the technical side of things. And it would all be moot if streamers don't get any viewers cause your site would be less accessible compared to twitch/youtube, but I'd definitely be up to try this out

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I just feel, Neckson is abusing the "copyright system", since they are a so called BIG company..

Why I say this is simply because, some really bad companies, no matter the industry can try and use methods or abuse their "status" or power when it comes to deleting content they don't like - be it criticism, old content, etc.

Because if Neckson continues doing this, I am pretty afraid when other companies take part and try to control what the community says or does.

These are just scum practices which also remind me of the time when *AHEM* EA bribed Reddit Mods to remove criticism of their Star Wars Battlefront 2 Game on Reddit. Thankfully, the Reddit Admin(s) didn't agree with these methods.

5. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Unfortunately they're totally within their right to exercise copyright infringement. It's pretty clear on the Twitch TOS that the following is prohibited content on Twitch
    • Pirated games or content from unauthorized private servers
    I'm sure youtube has the same thing on their TOS

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Oh also DickDannDickDann , are you implementing a chat feature for the viewers to interact with the streamer? I've found that interaction is key to successful streams and that there's less reason for a viewer to stick around on a stream if they can't talk and have some connection to the streamer

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Then it's just weird. Because it wouldn't be a copyright strike, but rather a Prohibited Content strike. It's kind of misleading.

Either way, the internet is just pretty bad overall and SUPER SELECTIVE on what content is allowed or not, whether it's prohibited or not. For instance, where I am at, Google and Facebook, allowing certain prohibited content in my country (e.g. Online real money gambling) and how they aren't doing virtually anything about it is just, completely nonsense.

Yet they are so fast to respond and shut down more innocent content like these.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    DickDann

DickDann Blue Snail

Mar 14, 2021
    Beginner
    Recruit > Streamers & Viewers~

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:49 AM
    Moderator Post
    Please stop delete posts just for you to re-post the same thing to bump your content back to the top. There are likely better ways to let your website known.

10. OP
    OP
    DickDann

DickDann Blue Snail

Mar 14, 2021
    Beginner
    KimberlyKimberly I thought I am allowed to bump my thread after 24 hours and I didn't want to make it look messy. That's the reason I deleted the old post to bump the thread.
    Sorry to cause the inconvenience if there's any.