1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Hammer Bro's Guide to the Modern Paladin

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Paid2Win, Nov 20, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    10:06 AM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Yes. You can fill the acb void for 3-4 levels with slash blast but level 20 hammer is virtually useless. Using ACB to get hammer to 20 and then resetting is big brain moves if you have the nx.

Tbh man I had to re write sections 3-4 times. What you're reading is the polished version. My opinion of the balance team's changes are very low but im trying to keep this guide a neutral objective place to give you guys the facts before you dedicate a year and a half into a class that arguably has the worst performance at the only consistent money making boss in the game.

This is what happens when I update guides at 7 am after being up all night. Ill get to work on this fix this weekend and thank you for pointing this out.

I'd argue the 13 base acc is better than the stat gain but 2 wa is something I guess.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    10:06 PM
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    Hi Paid2WinPaid2Win ,
    I'd like to provide some data about endgame paladin dpm.

In my thought, carabella isn't that bad.

dpm is different under different situation.

Paladin damage comparison (link)
    Paladin damage comparison 20wa shield (link)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Thanks for providing some statistics and including BW data. BW is usually left out of these data comparisons so it warms my heart to see it here.

The dragon carabella and executioners are viable endgame options, especially if you have SI readily available. There are always pros/cons of everything and while dpm charts are nice, they aren't necessarily realistic. A lot of people are never going to have a 20+ watt shield or a near perfect weapon so while the stats are nice, I implore people to not just pick based off of laboratory DPM settings in a chart.

I'll be adding a link to the guide with your damage comparisons so that people can choose for themselves. Thank you again for running the numbers!

4. aerizols

aerizols Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2021
    3:06 PM
    Algiers
    Beginner
    Hey, I've been reading and loving the guide - I got really lucky and got a Chaos Scroll from a gachapon ticket on my first character which has funded my 1H BW+Shield Paladin!

I just have one really stupid question, I want to use shields for the aesthetic (and I'm pretty busy generally so the idea of me reaching level 200 or becoming a hardcore bossing is pretty farfetched, I'll probably struggle to reach 4th job) and I wonder if Shield Mastery is really worth it? Especially as a lot of my gear will be lower levelled stuff scrolled up, my total Weapon Defence is going to be really low overall, and 20SP to double that seems a bit of a waste. What are your thoughts?

5. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    So shield mastery is only going to give you double mastery on the defense on the shield you're wearing. If you use a low level or common shield, such as a stolen fence or maple shield, you really arent gaining anything, or a negligible amount of defense. If you're using an actual warrior shield, mastery may offer you some damage mitigation. Any damage mit is nice, because warriors have no avoid and you will be constantly taking damage. Any time we can take away from that overall damage is a win.

I have been looking into the SP for that job and believe, for endgame bossing, the improved MP recovery might be a better option in endgame bossing for HT and PB specifically. This is due to 1/1, mana burn, and seduce combos.

You've said you don't believe you're going to get to endgame, so you could split that into sword charges if you decide to go hybrid, or magic crash for the memes. Not sure if crash even works correctly on legends; I've never invested sp in it because I was advised it doesn't work.

Tldr; as long as you use a shield with def and don't plan on endgame bossing, shield is probably the most "useful" skill left with that SP

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mozzarella21

Mozzarella21 Blue Snail

Feb 12, 2021
    Female
    7:06 AM
    Heartex212
    Beginner
    Is Paladin a bad choice to go now? After reading through every single post, the feeling I get is that once you hit 1xx, the power of Paladin seems to fall off compared to the other warrior classes. :x

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:06 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you were here about 1 year ago many people would argue that paladin was the #1 class, but right now pretty much everyone would agree that currently paladin is in a bad spot. A combination of direct nerfs to pally and the state of the current bossing meta have caused paladins to tumble down the class rankings, possibly to the very bottom.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Lusikka

Lusikka Snail

Dec 19, 2019
    4:06 PM
    Lusikka
    Page
    well this was a sad read.

thanks for the guide though lol

9. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Hey guys!

A much overdo update has been dropped, adding about 1k words to the guide.

Please check it out and let me know if y'all have any questions. As always, if there is something you want to see added to the guide, or any inaccuracies, please reach out to me.

Thanks for checking it out. Yeehaw

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    How else do u want me to make money??? Scar helms only 15m
    [​IMG]

11. elgrundo

elgrundo Red Snail

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    3:06 AM
    NZPally
    Paladin
    wow i followed this guide and it's true no one knows what paladins do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:06 PM
    No. The proc from maxed improved mp recovery is an additional 30 mp. Base mp regen is 3 in which case you only need 17 improved max mp recovery to hit the 30mp needed for hero's will after a mana drain or a 1/1.

Why are we crying at Dodo when it's neutral against holy https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=8220004
    ("Strong: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Poison")

Edit: You forgot anego and samurai for holy, and crow for lightning.

In fact doing anego's after a server maint as a paladin is one of the greatest joys if you have holy charge and know how to utilise hit priority.

13. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    I am not too sure about that fact check with the improving mp recovery so I'll look further into it. Realistically, 3 SP is not going to make or break any last minute skill you're getting so I'd still recommend the 20 SP go there.

Dodo was fixed before this post was made, make sure you refresh. The rest of the bosses have been added with their strengths and weaknesses

14. wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    I check MP Recovery skill just now.
    Lv20 MP Recovery will give 33 mp while blasting. That is 3+30.

btw, can you update the dpm comparison link to this ? ty
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/paladin-damage-comparison-20wa-shield.36404/

15. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    9:06 AM
    FatBlunts
    lvl 80+ i was averaging 110k exp per min at vikerolas, about 10-20kpermin better than dual ghost pirates. not sure how much exp per min you were doing at dgp but I consistently get more at vikerolas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jellyfruit

jellyfruit Red Snail

Sep 6, 2021
    solchu
    Warrior
    Fraternity
    can anyone tell me whats the state paladin is in now? are they better in dps and as such, comparable in meta?

17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The current meta is very good for paladin, its a solid class right now.

*You have to be a 2H sword user with SI, however.

18. jellyfruit

jellyfruit Red Snail

Sep 6, 2021
    solchu
    Warrior
    Fraternity

How good is the dps comparable to the usual NL corsair archer

19. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Strictly with respect to single target DPS, they're pretty up there. #1 in NT, top 3 for HT, and arguably top 3 for PB now. Adding to the fact that they require vastly less NX to wash and are better at grinding/farming than ranged classes, I'd say they're a top tier class overall, barring the fact that they have no real support capabilities.

20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    they do more dmg than NLs in NT? I always thought paladins can only out damage NLs in scarlion hahah