1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Places for each class/job to train solo in the endgame?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Trion, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    5:36 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    For those of us who just don't feel like bossing all the time and just wanna relax and gain XP while training I always wanted to know the top places for each of the jobs to train (it can be multiple spots).

Specifically I am talking more besides Bishop and Hero because we know Bishops dominate Skeles and a Hero usually trains around the 7F area of China but that usually requires a partner so might not be the top solo place.

What are you top spots if you actually want to train them yourself with an hs mule or something and not leech them? That goes for Paladins, DK, BM, Xbow, Bandit, NL(yes i know they thrive as bossers but just for fun sake), Buccs, Corsairs.

2. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    7:36 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Still 7F

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:36 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    EXP: Floor 7F

Meso: Memory Lane 5 (Helmet int 60% drops here)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    End game training sort of just fizzles out eventually. I haven't seriously trained since the end of 16X, after that point it was all just HT. There just aren't a lot of options when mobs cap out at level ~140 or so with Neo-Tokyo, but those mobs tend to be in difficult to use maps or require you to spam all-cures, but at least there's some decent money to be made with the annoyance. The mobs that are decent for training are level ~130, but a they're pretty well known already, it's all of the residents of Shaolin tower and Oblivion mobs at the end of ToT.

At this point I just tend to go for mobs with decent drops on my DK. I'd rather farm money than go for exp, as any exp is just a drop in the ocean at this point anyways. Whether it's 10-20mil exp/hr or 80mil/hr, it eventually just feels like a minor difference when I'll eventually reach 200 and continue playing. I've tended to just prefer dry farming Leafre mobs, and if I feel lucky there's Chief Memory Guardians with Helm int 60's.

It's mostly bossing or leech that get players to higher levels. Bigfoot is good for ranged characters, but fairly competitive now. They can also try Shaolin floors 3/4 or 5/6, there are quite a few invisible walls that allow for sniping. For cleave they can really succeed anywhere.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    3:36 PM
    Corsair
    To be honest in 4th job Shaolin is basically the best for anybody. If you don't care so much about the best there are still places like the Temple of Time and Neo Tokyo the latter of which I read buffs in patch notes some time ago but I still don't hear anybody training there (never been there myself). As a Corsair I don't really find training to be all that relaxing. My mobbing capabilities start to show weakness when I am unable to one shot enemies, and if you can one shot an enemy, chances are it isn't good xp for you. I imagine it will improve once I max out torpedo and move to 7F, but for now the most relaxing form of training is actually bossing. A lot of what I say doesn't apply to mages tho. Mages op af.

• Like Like x 1
  6. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    For single-target attackers, the possible maps is extremely limited. Let's look at the theoretical maximum eph.

Here is the exp/hp rate for some of the best single target mobs in the game:
    ravana 0.043
    gold monk 0.055
    anego 0.052
    bf 0.088

A lvl 160 BM/NL/sair single target gets around 7.5m dpm:
    BF would give 7500000 * 0.088 * 60 = 39.6m eph (w/o HS)
    golds give 7500000 * 0.055 * 60 = 24.8m eph

So even with these theoretical maximum eph, assuming you have no down-time in damage (i.e cc-ing or moving around the map), it's not close to 7F. Even just spamming arrow rain/eruption/avenger at 7F with a cleave partner (with HS) gives you 50m+ eph.

In practice, I have tried various maps to solo train my BM and nothing really breaks 20m, so there's really no viable maps for BM/NLs besides 7F duo, BF, and bossing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/map?id=802000200

This map is not bad, at least for paladin. All the overlords will go to the top right which is hard to hit for most classes, but HH will reach them and bring them over to you. Pretty good drops. All cures are necessary as Alyosha mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I am glad to see you guys coming to somewhat of a consensus. I don't mind people saying 7F or Shaolins, I was just looking for further clarification because I was never 100 percent sure for some of the non bossing endgame of less popular jobs. Thank you for helping out.

Big thanks Jaynus, Akashy, Alyosha, HimeHam, whatdatoast, and Shmoo for sharing your experiences I like to read everyone's different vantage point on how they handle this particular stage of the game.

And just to be clear I have no problem with bossing it is just the setup sometimes makes you lazy, but if its still shaolins even after nerfs then that makes things easy for a centralized place.