1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted & Implemented Reduce CWK Signs to One Per Job

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Pundit, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    5:09 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    You know how people tend to make suggestions that are designed to benefit them personally and it's kind of annoying? this is that, again. I write this as I struggle to find two pirate signs.

I think the original intent of the two-signs-per-class rule for CWK was to ensure that all classes were included. In a game without multiclient, this is great. But, in our game, it adds a layer of difficulty to organizing a CWK.

In most runs I'm on, we have to bring a character to Crimsonwood Keep to sign up for the PQ and then leave. This is only annoying and does not add to the quality of the content.

To actually complete CWK, you do need one of each class, so there is already an in-built mechanism that requires some class diversity. But getting two signs per class, or not being able to start a run because you can't find a second pirate or archer sign, is just annoying, especially because you don't need that second sign to actually finish the PQ. I think we should get rid of this formality.

I don't think that this will make CWK runs smaller than they already are because most people try to minimize the number of people in their run by how much damage they can do, not by the number of signs they have. I could be wrong about this.

To me, this just makes organizing runs easier, which helps keeps CWK viable. It's no fun to spend a huge amount of time trying to get a run going.

• Agree Agree x 48
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:09 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I feel the same way toward the drop rate of keys for APQ. I think the rationale was to make sure the drops from these PQs don't flood the market. I don't know if this is an artificial means to keep the market from going bonkers, but if it's not - I would love for the drop rate of keys for APQ to be increased a lot, too, because I don't APQ as often as I normally would due to that fact.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:09 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Farming apq keys takes like 10 mins tho

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I've gotten them in under 5 minutes before. Other times, I've spent 20 minutes. Overall, it's still a snooze fest. If it took an average of 45 seconds with a maximum of 2 minutes like GMS did it back in the day, then I wouldn't be so put off.

Anyway, that's taking the thread off course.

The comparison I'm making here is...
    APQ - Length of time to get keys & put together a party : 30% OA scrolls & Onyx Apples
    CWK - Length of time to get signs & put together a party : (? Scrolls ?) & ?ssiwS Cheese?

I don't know enough about the typical loots from CWKPQ because I've only done it once on this server and from GMS days. I remember Taos coming from them, but I don't remember much else.

If this is an attempt by the GMs to control the market, then we should explore this and make parallels to other PQs. If this isn't an attempt, then we can scratch this possible objection off the list and move forward.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Well I've been on runs with 4-5 people and we all mule like there is no tomorrow (making 2 buccs paid off yay) so this suggestion makes sense, that's why they won't do anything about it even if people support this like my post about the super fun HT prequest we all do for fun a million times.

6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:09 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    +1
    Sounds fine, will save everyone some of the organization trouble that plagues CWK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    can we also make it so you have to have the keystone/CWK prequest done, in order to sign up :)

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I think this is a good trade off. Having a one-time quest, in my opinion, feels a lot better than muling all the classes every single time.

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Like having the mark of the suquad to enter the cave without quest

10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It does seem redundant in a private server to require 2 of each class to start cwkpq. The amount of users isn't high enough and widespread enough to cover all classes for all timezones so some people may never get to cwkpq unless they make multiple mules. It doesn't make sense to require them only to start the pq when half of them aren't going to be going in and actually completing the pq.

That being said I still would like to be able to have extra classes in the party. Not everyone does 6 man cwkpq.

The trade off of having to complete the pre quest seems fair.

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    This thread is making me think I should plop all my chars in CWKPQ and start charging for signs.
    FoxF6

• Like Like x 1
  12. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Maybe the real (but slower) solution is to buff pirate classes so that it’s not impossible to find a pirate. :yay:

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I do like this suggestion, and I agree that organizing is a pain in the ass. I am just worried it would become TOO easy to run CWK.
    I feel like there is some truth to this, but you definitely need both signs and damage IMO. Being strong and having only 1 sign pretty much means youre dead weight in a 3-5 man run.

I think this suggestion could work with a bit of tweaking. I do like Eijis suggestion, but I am pretty sure that restriction would only last a few weeks before people in this community figure out how to clear their all mules efficiently. Perhaps they could also increase the number of hearts needed per run, or something along those lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    YES PLEASE

Forcing Prequest completion and/or charging more Crimson Hearts per run is a very fair tradeoff

15. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    4:09 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    I just see this killing any chance of lower level shad mm bucc or pally ever getting a party

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Perhaps the more appropriate thing to do is increase signs to 3 per job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I think that the 16x+ players that run 1 party CWKPQ weren’t going to invite lower level shad mm buccs or pallies anyways because their signs can and will be filled with mules.

These lower levelled classes will still have a spot in 2 party CWKPQ runs (lvls 125-15x), and I’d actually guess that they would be moreso included in these runs if sign requirements were removed because you’d have more flexibility in who you could recruit.

For a two party CWKPQ run (12 slots), under the current system you would need 2 of each class, already taking up 10 slots, leaving 2 wildcard classes. If sign requirements were removed, you would need 1 of each class and have 7 wildcard slots.

The current system of requiring 2 signs restricts players from participating unless they have the correct sign mules. CWKPQ would be much more accessible to players without 90+ mules if this change were to go through.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Is there a max to how many can go in? *asking for a friend*

19. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    There is but I forget what it is :( 18? 20?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    4:09 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Now we are talkin!