1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    8:32 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Comparing 5-6F to ulu1 is a joke and if you ever tried to sell 5-6F leech you would understand why.

1. 5-6F is hard to execute; it is very micro intensive and there are ONLY 4 players atm (2 of whom are in this thread and choose to farm ulu1 over selling 5-6F) who have the skill, funding, and characters to execute 5-6F at a level where they would generate more mesos than ulu1 does.
    2. Ulu1 allows you to farm 2 extra maps at the same time, which means it's potential generation far outpaces anything any 5-6F seller is making and is way less mechanically intensive (I personally can only farm 1 as you've seen documented through this journal because I am gated by my PC). Even with 1 extra map being farmed alongside ulu1 you are generating mesos very similar to what these top tier 5-6F sellers are making, but you only have to put in half the effort.
    Even the best 5-6F sellers can only generate 36m per hour under peak conditions like you have 3x 17x+ buyers. As you have seen through this journal I am making 37m/hr on average farming ulu1 and cornians prior to pot costs which is better than what you will make in most sessions per hour at 5-6F. Sure you can talk about pot costs, but that only pushes the needle in favor of the farming strategy because 5-6F is a pot killer; you will incur more pot costs at 5-6F than you would spamming ulti 1 time every 10 seconds on 5 mages (5-6F requires you to cast 6 times in a 10 second window while also tanking a lot of damage from the unfreezable shaolin mobs). So why would I sell 5-6F leech when ulu1 + cornian farm requires way less effort and allows me to generate the same mesos. Imagine how truly broken I could make this strat if my PC wasn't gating me and I was generating 45m/hr adding a 2nd cornian map to this.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    36m/hour is actually 35.1m due to transaction costs.
    NPCs don't charge tax and they're always buying. :^)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #14

Another 5 hours today. I decided to start doing a little bit of exercise between each hour, so after each hour I go outside an do 200 jump ropes, 10 push-ups, and 15 crunches. It's been an interesting change of pace. Anyways, results below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • 180m in 5 hours or 36m/hr.
    • Ulu1 sellable drops: 49/5, 50/7 cravens and 2x 7/3 pirate OA.
    • Cornians were uneventful; I may have come up with a strategy to make some extra money off cornians but we will see how the strategy pans out. More details to follow in later posts hopefully.
    • Gach run gave us something nice :)
    [​IMG]

WS Counter: 1
    CS Counter: 2

This is off of 485 total gach tickets (39 blue tix and 2 rares from harps not featured in the graphics above).

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    But what if they put in the effort and just as they are able to start doing the strat, BAM nerfs.

5. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The answer is literally in the post you took your quote from. “Even if this map gets nerfed there will be other maps to execute this strategy on.”

6. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    1:32 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Even when MU gets nerfed?

7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Bit of a stretch to just assume MU gets nerfed, but yes there will still be viable maps.

8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:32 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Not really replying to any particular points just in general.

I feel that the 5-6f was nerfed because it actually involves leeching, which affects a whole large community of players who can buy really high level leech. It goes beyond usual end-game skele/petri leech, and created a whole new extension to it. This would no doubt incentive some population of the player base to "just leech all the way" which I dont think is really healthy for the server.

While on the other hand, your ulu1 farming is only meso generation for yourself. Only you are getting fking rich for yourself, which really only affects you until you are able to singlehandedly disrupt the market (which you might already be, just idk).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    5:32 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    For me it doesn't matter which way you do it. You still have to get meso to buy leech from somewhere, and skele/petri leech isnt that far off considering exp/meso. The 5-6f nerf seemed more like a knee jerk reaction to someone making (and showing) huge meso per hour, and similar stuff like gobie nerfs have been done to mitigate meso farming. I would like the discussion and future vision of what meso per hour is viable to the server economy to be more open with staff and players. New strategies will always be found but at what point will something "need" a nerf?

• Like Like x 2
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:32 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Ok. I think the goby nerf missed me completely, because it is definitly not leeching related. Thus 5-6F nerf should then be more towards the meso per hour, instead of the leeching aspect.

Really Good point. I think this is the core issue here. How much meso per hour is consider broken, and how many hours is it being done and such. And how much of those meso is affecting the economy.
    Eg. like is someone doing this farming capable of singlehandedly driving up WS price by 5m?
    I dont think any of us have answer without the GMs digging through databases and stuffs.

If it is not able to affect the economy, does that make the game "too easy" because you can farm that much meso.
    And how is the easy being defined, is it able to farm 1 WS every X hours?

Basically, that's the thought I would have, if i want to nerf this farming.

11. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The other thing you have to consider with this is that 5-6F creates almost no new mesos and actual results in a net loss of mesos to the server because the only mesos being "made" are by the leecher and they are coming from another player and no one loots anything at 5-6F so the "costs" are taxes and pots. For a strategy like this you are pumping almost 25m of raw new mesos into the economy per hour and I'm not even the only one doing this; this creates risk of inflation, but I can't tell you for sure because I'm not sure how many raw mesos were being pumped into the economy prior to this strat. Obviously if only 1 person is doing this strat 25m/hr of new mesos in the economy isn't too bad compared to the overall picture, but once you have double digit people using the strategy it can create some serious problems.

• Like Like x 1
  12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    This strategy is really hard to nerf without doing something drastic, like nerfing ults/MU. If ulu1 was nerfed you can just do 4x harps/cornians or various other maps. The problem is that nerfing these type of spawn-dense maps would hurt a ton of new players that actually grind there, whereas 5-6/7F just hurt endgame eph.

13. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    6:32 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    after reading the whole thing i think that i missed something.
    the main problem of getting rich is stimulated through multi clients.
    please correct me if i am wrong, leechers use multi clienting because they need HS mule and MU mule and a sweeper, for insane meso grinding u need at least 4 mages MU mule and a sweeper. so wouldn't banning mules and or multiclienting solve the issue? because if you split the meso from grinding between 6 party members it does not sound broken, the same goes for leech.
    i do have to say that i am biased because i play only one char, and not an efficient kind of player.

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If they banned multiclienting again, a lot of people would quit flat out.
    Considering the fact this server leans heavily on the multiclienting voters, it's a bad move all around.

15. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    10:32 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    I was doing 4 channel harps to card hunt yesterday, and it was pretty hard to control all mages. The limiting factor to multi channel meso farming is the spawn timers. There's so staggered that's I don't see how you could sweep proficiently

16. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:32 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    The solution is simple: more mules. AFK sweepers are easy to make (basically just need Dark Sight & HP), don't require any input other than feeding pets + rebuffing DS, and only incur the cost of one additional client to your stack. PC2win anybody?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    so what i understand from this is that it will solve the meso inflation, but allot of people will quit because they will not be able to abuse the system anymore?
    and if it is so then the what is the point of nurfing anything when abusable content is desirable ?

18. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:32 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Problems are always made in MapleMagends.
    As per usual, most of the threads I produce go necro because no one understands how bad mages are and don't take my suggestions seriously.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/actually-balance-the-game.28136/

You're playing the game perfectly fine, its the fact that people multiclient sweat like this that make maps "broken" and then require to nerf the game because of the 0.0001% players activities.

I have to make everyone here remember the fact that the same thing happened with HeavenHammer Mules in HT and how that affected most active pallies (not the HT mules) while grinding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    12:32 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    The issue isn't exactly mutliclient, it's the low entry barrier and safe spots that makes ULU1 (and other few maps) easy to farm, also the mobs drops are way too good. Since it's a problem of effort-reward, you either wanna adress the effort by making farming harder (removing safespots, increasing knockback, adding a anti-bot mob, etc) OR adress the reward by nerfing the mobs drops.

about banning mules and multiclienting lets be real we could entertain the idea but it's not happening, it would disrupt the majority of the playerbase, it would give staff extra work and it would also be ineffective since multiple computers and VPN are a thing, it would only make the game Pay2Multiclient which happened with horntail once, funny times in which only people with multiple computers were able to mule there. Banning for something like farming seems like a bad approach too.

anyway I personally think that 30~35m/hour isn't scandalous if people are sweating for it or invested a lot to get to that point

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    according to OP
    the effort and investment is minimal compared to the reward.