1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GIVEAWAY Art Contest (ENDED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by ProTato, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:59 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I joined MapleLegends about 4 years ago and stopped playing after about 2 years. As a chair collector, I tried my best to collect all the chairs that were released. Even though I still missed a few super rare and old chairs, I never missed a chair from events that I participated in, so I have quite a decent collection in my opinion.

Since I have no use of those chairs anymore, I am hosting a community event to giveaway all of my chairs (except a few that I still love too much OnionBlush ). I am also including pretty much everything I have saved up during my journey as some extra bonus.

Here comes the details...

PERSONAL COLLECTION GIVEAWAY ART CONTEST!!
    ---------------------------------------------

1st Place

:sack: 50 MILLIONS MESOS + 1 CHAIR + 1 BONUS PRIZE OF YOUR CHOICE :sack:

2nd Place

:cash: 30 MILLIONS MESOS + 1 CHAIR + 1 BONUS PRIZE OF YOUR CHOICE :cash:

3rd Place

:coin: 20 MILLIONS MESOS + 1 CHAIR + 1 BONUS PRIZE OF YOUR CHOICE :coin:

Other Entries
    :candy: 1 CHAIR OF YOUR CHOICE / 1 BONUS PRIZE OF YOUR CHOICE :candy:

If I run out of chairs...
    :lollipop: 1 BONUS PRIZE OF YOUR CHOICE :lollipop:

[​IMG]
    I cropped out duplicate items, so I could have multiple stacks of certain items. Also, certain stacks that consists of high-value items will be split into multiple bonus prizes.[​IMG]

2 things to notes regarding prizes:
    2. People who score a higher place gets to pick the prizes first.
    3. Don't like chairs? No worries, you can now choose to win a chaos scroll instead of a chair.

HOW TO ENTER?

Simple! Draw me! I will score and place all entries base on how much I like them.

There are just a few rules... OnionWarning

RULE 1
    One entry per person.

RULE 2
    I don't want people to be discouraged seeing other people's arts, thinking they have no chance of scoring high against them, so please submit your entries via private messages either here on the forum or discord (SweetTato#2988) with your in-game name.

RULE 3

I reserve the right to reject zero-effort submissions.

Here are some pictures of me in different tops for reference
    [​IMG]

You're free to be creative and add anything on top of what I have, such as background, accessories, handheld things, pose, pets etc.

Talking about pets, Kino, Penguin, and Husky are some of my favorites, feel free to use them.
    [​IMG]

You're also free to resubmit your drawing as many times as you like before the end of the contest, in case new ideas come later down the road.

I treasure all arts, so everyone is winner and everyone gets rewards (unless you don't even try putting an afford into the drawing), even if you don't think you can draw, give it a try! OnionGimme

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. OnionListen

NUMBER OF ENTRIES SO FAR: 31 :pinkbean:

SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
    ARPIL 21th 11:59pm Pacific Time

(A bit more than a month from the posting of this thread)

WHAT COMES NEXT?

Soon after the submission deadline, I will compile and update the thread with a list of all people who entered, be sure to check the list by then to make sure I don't accidentally missed you.

I will then go over all entries, score them, and update the thread with the ranking along with the drawings themselves.

Lastly, I will contact each one of you base on the ranking to deliver the rewards. Depends on the number of entries, it could take a few weeks to reach you, so please be patient. I will update the list as things go.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! OnionPerfect

EDIT 1: I get that not everyone likes chairs, so I am throwing in 2 of the chaos scrolls I got recently from a friend as a prize option. Now you can choose to win a chaos scroll instead of a chair!

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I demand these be used. The original ahego glasses user

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    His last pair of glasses were broken.
    [​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Feel free to draw one for me, but it will not count towards the contest MapleF11

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:59 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Amazing incentive! I have sadly never really drawn anything except when it was mandatory back in high school so I think i'll have to stay on the side lines for this one.

Looking forward to the end results!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Anyone can draw something great with some afford put into it. You might be surprise at what you could do. Besides, art is subjective anyway MapleF2

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is simply not true. Someone who has invested little time and effort into honing their art skills cannot hope to compete with someone who has literally spent thousands of hours honing their skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Not necessarily. The result of a competition depends entirely on the rubric of judgment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    It really depends on what the goal is. I agree that people with little experience cannot beat someone who put a lot more afford into building the skill, but if the person just wants to participate regardless of the outcome, what he or she comes out with can still be really good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    5:59 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    If only I had the slightest bit of artistic ability, id be able to compete for the wisdom crystals :eyes: Good luck to the contestants, I look forward to seeing the winning entries.
    [​IMG]

11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    PepperPepper I spy a CHAIR that you could win

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    EDIT 1: Added chaos scrolls as a prize option. I get that not everyone likes chairs, so I am throwing in a chaos scroll I got recently from a friend as a prize option. Now you can choose to win a chaos scroll instead of a chair!

• Like Like x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    For those who have been thinking about entering, just want to remind you that there are approximately 7 days left for submissions. :pinkbean:

14. zhixuan

zhixuan Blue Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Female
    6:59 PM
    SummerTaffy
    Assassin
    Aquila
    This is a hand draw that I draw you xD I want to win chairs!! Fulfill my chairhoe dream

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Thanks for the submission. It looks really cool!

Also, I will let it go this time but you were supposed to private message me the drawing according to rule 2 :rolleyes:

16. zhixuan

zhixuan Blue Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Female
    6:59 PM
    SummerTaffy
    Assassin
    Aquila
    Sorry I didnt really know how to use forum haha

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
  18. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    11:59 AM
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    !!UPDATE!!

Hello! OnionHi

I will leave most of the talking for the official follow-up thread, but I want to give a quick update to everyone so that you know what to expect as we are approaching the end of the giveaway art contest submission window.

1. I will post another update tomorrow with a list of contestant names. It's for people who have entered to verify that they have been properly included. I don't think I will miss anyone, but if I do, please let me know. OnionF4

2. After that, I will try to review and rank all drawings within the upcoming days. Once that's done, I will create a new thread with everyone's drawing. It should be quite fun, admiring each others' work. OnionAdore

3. Finally, I will contact each person from the top of the rank, asking what he/she would like to receive, and I will either duey the rewards or do that in-person :gift2::gift1:. Depends on how responsive people are, this process could take up to a few weeks, so please be patient with it. I will post an update letting everyone know that all the rewards have been distributed. Again, I hope I will not miss anyone, but if I do, please let me know. OnionCheer

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    !!UPDATE!!

WE DID IT! That's the end of the giveaway art contest! I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who submitted their drawings. We have a total 31 participants, which is very successful in my opinion, but most important, I will have enough chairs for everyone. OnionPerfect

Like I said yesterday, here is a list of all participants. While I sort through the drawings, please let me know if you don't see your name in the list, that will get me to double check to make sure you're included. Other than that, we'll see each other when it's time to announce the winners. OnionSpark

• ahlai
    • blahblahh
    • Bonksy
    • bloobloo
    • Dabelieus
    • DconW
    • Djeeta
    • giggies
    • Hanamiru
    • ImToxic
    • JosephMis
    • Karn