1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Artichoke's Poor Rolling Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by MarcC, Apr 22, 2021.

1. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:27 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    :sack::cash::coin:Artichoke's Poor Rolling Journal :coin::cash::sack:
    Hi everyone! All of the journals everyone has been making inspired me to make a journal about rolling with the ultimate goal of making 1b mesos ez game ez money

I made these set of rules to keep in mind to make this journal really all about starting from the ground up:

1. I start at 100 Meso
    2. If I somehow lose all my Mesos (that.....won't happen), I can start over through farming Mesos from nearby mobs (limited to only ~100 Mesos)
    3. No donations allowed.
    4. The winning player must accept the money. An astounding amount of players reject taking anything other than money bags. It's like money is nothing to them. This is absurd. Money is EVERYTHING.

DAY 1: A losing Streak
    As I mentioned above, I started out with 100 mesos.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to choose my first victim, Sugarhai. In order to make her feel better when she loses, I decided to ask her how her day was. Apparently, she was okay, though her expression says otherwise. Weird.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Now it is time to start rolling. She opted to do some suicide rolls and I won the roll to start. We then chose a comfortable area to sit at and here are the results.
    [​IMG]
    SoooOO TLDR I lost.. The only 100 Mesos I had. The very woman I tried to rob, robbed me.
    I attempted to trade her but she REFUSED
    [​IMG]
    Though the true reason is probably because she wanted to avoid paying taxes

Nonetheless, I drop traded the money to her aaAANd just like that, I have 0 mesos in my inventory.
    [​IMG]

It's okay though! I decided to fight some stumps in the outskirts of Kerning City to retrieve ~100 mesos
    [​IMG]
    And retrieved and robbed 107 mesos from these stumps. I guess money does grow on trees?!?!

Distraught and disappointed at myself. I decided to challenge Sugarhai for a rematch in suicide rolling, and this time she started first. It is fair to say that everything changed when I rolled that 2.
    [​IMG]
    Why is that?
    Well,
    [​IMG]
    I lost again after rolling a 2 for what felt like 2 years. And as one normally does, I naturally decided to type gibberish like I am playing a piano.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Once again, because of Sugarhai's tax evasion needs, I drop-traded the 107 Mesos to her.
    [​IMG]
    Aaaaaand I am back at 0 Meso.
    Like a financially responsible vegetable, I decided against rolling again for I will not fall victim to the Gambler's Fallacy. And that ends my journal for today :)

Next Steps:
    1. Kill more stumps to get ~100 Mesos.
    2. Win at rolling
    3. Stonks?!?!

Ty for coming to my ted talk. Stay tuned for more journals.

• Great Work x 9
    • Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    7:27 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    road to 1bil mesos ez

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Kinks

Kinks Horny Mushroom

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    10:27 AM
    Kinks
    Buccaneer
    Pacifists
    restart journal so that im the first person u roll pls,, cant wait to make bank off u..

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    nerf this please

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Alpines

Alpines Red Snail

Nov 3, 2018
    Male
    10:27 PM
    Alpines
    Bowmaster
    Spirit
    very innovative!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:27 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    DAY 2: COMEBACK SEASON
    Yesterday I lost. The devious Sugarhai took EVERYTHING from me. I was nearly ready to quit the game. However, if there is one thing that my mentor, Dances with Balrog, has taught me, it is that you should not give up playing MapleLegends despite losing a total of 207 Mesos.

As per usual, I killed a couple of stumps because as far as I am concerned nothing else drops Mesos but trees. It really does justify why a certain individual is committing mass genocide to the population of Ulu Estate I, the home to Berserkies—mobs that have their hands fused with a huge tree. I should consider other tree mobs or mobs with trees to kill to add to my Mesos, though, that day will never come because I DON'T LOSE. Yesterday was an anomaly. Today is different. I may have digressed from what I was trying to say bUT I did end up gaining a shocking amount of 106 Mesos from stumps for me to roll with today.

I went to the Free Market of Channel 1 and started beginning my adventure.
    [​IMG]
    Shockingly, no one wanted to roll with me for 106 Mesos. I spammed the chat about 5 more times until a brave guy with the name of Deekun (with some strange red goggles that can see in the 4th dimension) decided to challenge me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I felt as though he could see my every move with those goggles. Nonetheless, nothing beats being able to get money with a challenge. I explained the rules to him as follows:
    [​IMG]
    Because I rolled a 2, we decided to play Suicide Rolls. Apparently, it was his favorite type of game too. I hope those goggles have nothing to do with that.
    [​IMG]
    I won the roll to start and here are the results:
    [​IMG]
    Immediately after I rolled a 2, Deekun asked me to watch him do something.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know what it was but I couldn't waste any chances. I counterattacked by lighting myself up with fire and toughened up my stance.
    [​IMG]
    He used the ancient Thief technique known as Dark Sight Dodge Technique, which supposedly dodges all chances of losing. This was dangerous. I had to do something. Unlike an Anime protagonist who waits for his enemy to transform to get a better feeling of battle, I decided against it and attacked him mid-transformation.
    [​IMG]
    Aaand Just like that, I won my first roll. WOOOOOOOOO
    [​IMG]
    Before I could trade him, Deekun decided to drop a bundle of cash to me. Apparently, everyone here hates taxation. Is this a thing people try to avoid in MapleLegends? Due to his vigor, I respected his decision to pay me under the table.
    [​IMG]

Despite it being my first time winning, I still felt empty. Was it because I avoided taxes due to Deekun's wishes? Determined to find out what it was, I decided to go around every channel in the free market again to roll with me.
    Unfortunately, everyone gave me a cold eye as if I was disturbing their peace. I do agree that my methods are quite annoying, but it was the only choice I had especially when I had no nx to afford Super Megaphones.
    [​IMG]
    Eventually, a man with the name of Nightz decided to challenge me. At this point, I had 212 Mesos, and like a gambler I am, I decided to gamble it all away.
    [​IMG]
    This time this guy had the blades of a survey corps member and the aura of a man who hacked into the Matrix. And his 'fro. Look at his beautiful 'fro. This seemed like another tough opponent. I accepted his request to play with me, for what is success without a challenge?

Like before, I rolled to determine the type of game we would be playing, and this time I rolled a 1. This meant that we play the original roll 100 game.
    In a very anticlimactic fashion, I nonchalantly won the roll.
    [​IMG]
    This time. I could not evade taxes. I was prepared to fight him with all my might and typed /trade Nightz as fast as I could. I was surprised because as I did that, he requested to trade me at the same time. This canceled the trade, but finally, we were able to trade each other. I was happy to see that he shared the same philosophy as me of #NoAvoidingTaxes.
    [​IMG]
    This time, I didn't feel as guilty because I was paying my taxes. I could finally end my day with no guilty conscience, and I did. Ending the day with 419 Mesos is a huge improvement from my yesterday's losses. In fact, I have a net gain of 212 Mesos.
    [​IMG]

Shoutout to Deekun and Nightz for losing 106 and 212 Mesos respectively. I wish you guys luck in your future endeavors.
    Thank you for looking at my journal and I will see you next time!

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. minidumpling

minidumpling Snail

Nov 26, 2020
    Female
    Sugarhai
    Beginner
    ARTICHOKE WITH THE BIG WINSSSS

8. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    What a journey LOL. All this for 419 mesos. I love the effort

9. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    I'm gonna follow this journal till the end

10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:27 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Until we meet again someday...

11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Pay your taxes we need them to fix the roads, mini dungeons and portals in ML!! #PayYourTaxes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Very bold to gamble it all away. Need to be conservative and only bet half your mesos, so you have rebuild funds.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Can’t wait 1 week from now when that 419 mesos turns to 12.7m mesos

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Kinks

Kinks Horny Mushroom

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Kinks
    Buccaneer
    Pacifists
    yes officer this is the man right here...... reported for tax evasion

15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Even the GMs do this.
    [​IMG]

Wait, why do I hear the sirens? Run ... run run faster!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    With this writing style, I'd gladly read about you doing absolutely nothing. Thank you and keep it up OnionPerfectOnionPerfectOnionPerfect

17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Nightz777Nightz777 is the biggest tax evader I have ever seen after FerlucioFerlucio
    change my mind

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I can, and will not comment on these matters..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    It all starts with that lil bit of money..

20. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Looking for a rolling update!