1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase duration of some buff skills (Hyper Body, Meso guard..etc)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kyungjae Lee, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Kyungjae Lee

Kyungjae Lee Snail

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    12:44 AM
    Chocosoju
    Beginner
    Currently Hyperbody's duration is 155 secs. It's very inconvenient to use the buff skill because it's both very short and unsynchronized with other buff skills. So I suggest to increase durations of such skills like Hyperbody and Mesoguard to 200 secs or up.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    1:44 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It sounds like more of a nit picky thing for you if skills not lining up. However both HB and MG provide huge survivability which requires a shorter time for balance. The time of 155 seconds is pretty long when you consider the power of the skill compared to other skills with longer times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    10:44 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    There's a couple posts the past few years with this similar request/suggestion but nothing ever came of it.

It's weird that it's not a round number duration, or part of a minute interval (ie 120 seconds or 180 seconds). But I don't see HB ever getting buffed with a longer duration. This would encourage more muling (easier hb mules for NT?) and in general, HB needs some sort of counterplay for being a vital survivability skill for ranged attackers.

It's probably also kept at a non even number so that rebuffing isn't all synchronized and there's some thought those in which buffs expire at which time.

4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:44 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's actually the same time as it originally was in Maple before it eventually got increased at a later version of maple.

Either way, I don't think any change is needed. While rebuffing might be a tedious task it is there for a reason

• Like Like x 1
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The biggest nerf to meso up would be it having less duration than HS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:44 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I agree with meso guard needing a duration buff. It’s not a quality of life for most shadowers, it’s a survival method like magic guard for mages (unlike the equally ridiculously short power guard, which is just utility). How long does mage mg take again? Oh right, forever.

I disagree with the increased hb though. That’s a party buff and should not be made to be mulable even easier

7. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Please don't make muling easier

Please don't make bossing less engaging

Please no

8. Baos

Baos King Slime Retired Staff

May 8, 2020
    Male
    Shadower
    I disagree, I don't think meso guard needs an increased duration. We already have the highest avoidability in the game, as well as 40% shifter.

Mages need a long duration for mg because that's literally all they have for survivability. Shads have so much utility in their toolkit and survivability on a shad is already brain dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Remove the 1/1 protection of meso guard or give it to magic guard. Then we can talk about duration. :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    pls no lets focus on something else we shads don't have much going on
    [​IMG]

11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:44 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I heavily agree on buff of duration for only buff - nimble feet - but not for others. SlimeSlime<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1