1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be a casual and still wash enough HP to kill every boss on your ranged character

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Alyosha, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:10 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Meowdy. Time for a simple guide that more or less anyone can understand, without all of the boring reading and nerd stuff that comes with other guides. Just follow these steps and you'll be ready for anything. With enough trust you too can have good HP, and I won't even ask you to understand what's happening, just accept the magic.

1: Just play normally and ignore unsolicited advice until you get to level 60 or so. At that point add some int to make future int adding easier. Or skip this step if you feel like dumping massive amounts of int later. Or just go 1 int per level instead. Do whatever you vibe with.
    2: Get 120-160 base int eventually, by like level 100? 120?
    3: Every time you level up, just dump all 5 AP into MP, forever
    4: With each of those levels, buy 5 AP Resets and take those 5 AP out of MP and into your stat of choice(dex/luk). If you play casually enough you'll have plenty of NX from your steadfast commitment to voting.
    5: Decide you want more HP
    6: Look up how much you can wash with your base MP with the help of the discord bot DRODS(Can check your base mp on the site, or you can go buck naked and look at your mp bar) Type $washes <class> <level> <mp> and DRODS pops out the number of washes you can do
    7: Next time you level up, dump all 5 into MP, but only take 4 out into stats. You now have 1 AP in the HP/MP tank. vroom vroom that MP is about to go on a road trip into HP
    8: With AP Resets, go -MP -> +HP however many times drods told you to. Then thank drods. After that you can go -MP -> +stat one last time if you want, or keep that point in there to continue this cycling later
    9: Repeat 3-8 a while longer
    10: Reset int when you no longer feel like you need more HP.

Grats you can now do any boss in the game. I won't bore you with numbers but believe in game designer Todd Howard. It just works.

But for real though you can do any boss you want comfortably by following this plan. You can also upscale it as much as you want with more int if you want to join us nerds and our sweat soaked chairs.

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This works well because even if you don't have enough AP resets, you can keep your MP bloodwashed while you continue to vote. You'll take a hit to your already gimped damage, but it'll only be for a day or two until you can buy more AP Resets.

Another suggestion I would add is that if you have excess MP in your earlier levels (lvl 30+), you should HP wash with fresh AP and reset it into INT instead of just pumping fresh AP into INT. This will yield you a higher return of HP for the same MP spent later down the road when you are doing stale washes. (Note: this doesn't apply for corsairs as their stale wash is set at the average.)

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:10 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Did want to note that, while this does relieve the (financial) burden on the early stages of washing a character, it practically doubles the NX cost associated with a certain hp goal in the long term.

One thing that does hugely work in the favor of this approach is the fact that you'll generally spend a lot of time getting to lvl 150-200 anyways. So waiting for the extra NX isn't that bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I did the math and NX is free so the cost is always free

• Funny x 16
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    can confirm: followed this path (4 INT until level 50) and doing comfy bossing whenever I can sneak onto runs

ignore the snarky LPQ dudes with their excessive INT and 2 year long plan because everyone either quits before PB or dies to DR anyways. make your own path, have fun doing it, and trust in alyosha guides (except for that outdated 2017 leech table that keeps getting referenced for some reason) :yay:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:10 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The one thing to beware of following this path, is getting the necessary HP by a certain level (aka enough HP to do HT)

If you are a true casual, you'll amass NX enough to accumulate the HP most likely. But if you fall into the dangerous trap of buying leech or degening one or two weekends... and somehow speed level to 155 or 160 faster than you expected, you might be short HP to tank stuff possibly.

It might not be 100% efficient, but being flexible and bloodwashing (adding to HP) in the middle could be a good option for some casuals~

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    7:10 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    I did exactly this from 128 --> 165. Mp washing is insanely effective. Even with myself leveling once every fourish days i never really found myself losing any nx.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    Good washing guide, my character's clothes have never been cleaner :heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    8:10 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    That Todd Howard quote along gives this guide a 10/10..

IT JUST WORKS

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:10 AM
    iPippy
    Can confirm; the higher washed the NL, the more likely they die to DR. :cool:

11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:10 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I agreed with this note.
    On my hero, when I hit 28k Base HP at around lvl 140 by playing casually with 80 base int, i realized my NX keeps increasing despite buying 5 AP reset per level up. I end up decided to keep washing my MP and now I've got 2.5k base MP, 80 int reseted and still holding 600k NX at lvl 160.

12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:10 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Good guide! Remmember that you will get bonus int for equips (you can get some especific cheap too) to get more mp and need do less wash (t10 medal, zak helm, ht, event equip, etc),
    and you can farm nx while farm card Monster or while grind (if you farm card on low lv mobs u get slow exp and cards/nx)
    and remmember too the events, 2x vp, etc

13. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    9:10 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    very good guide, do you have a idea of how much hp we get at lv 160 doing that? thinking about it on a shadower

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Shadowers can wash to 200 and nobody would notice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    120 base int at lvl 120 mp washing it up until lvl 160 means you'd get (160-120)*10*5. This mp washing alone would give you 2k extra mp which you can stale wash into 2667 hp or fresh wash for an average of 3k hp.

Leveling up 40 times with 120 base int will add another 480 extra mp (without int gears and lowest roll on the lvl up gains). That's another 640hp average gains from fresh washing.

At 160 a thief has about 3.5k base hp? Somewhere around there add in 1100 from rings you'd have 8.2k hp not counting all the mp you'd get before 120 or from int gears from lvl 1-160.

8.2k hp is pretty comfy on a shadower though I'd aim for at least 9-10k myself (who am I kidding). I think doing this you'll already end up with at least 9k hp.

This was done with no calculator and I didn't check any values so please check it for yourself, it should be accurate enough though.

Honestly you should be able to slap 120 int on any character during first job and progress through the game just fine. Sure the early levels will be somewhat more difficult and you might have a hard time at KPQ (you can add the int a bit later too), but the early levels are super fast anyway.

Difficulty of washing is perceived way higher than it actually is by alot of (new) players. I get that it's counterintuitive and all that but man this server is one of the "harder" ones out there and that's part of the charm for me atleast.

Still half asleep btw so forgive me if this doesn't make sense.

• Like Like x 2
  16. blankteh

blankteh Snail

Mar 28, 2022
    Male
    7:10 AM
    ManBag
    Islander
    Do you start step 3 once base INT is 120-160? I wouldn't start dumping all 5 ap into MP until level 100-120. Is that right? Just want to verify. I've read all the HP Wash guides and still don't quite get it. But this guide seems easier to understand. Thanks!

17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Yep. Anytime you reach a good level of int just dump all AP into MP.

With 120 int you gain 10 free MP by going +mp -> reset -MP +stat
    with 160 it's 14 free MP

• Like Like x 1