1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Mini-Dungeon Portal graphical change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kyshies, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    2:34 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi there,

The newly-added custom mini-dungeons (Ulu 2, CDs, etc) currently use regular map portals such as...

upload_2021-3-22_7-36-57.png

In my opinion, this might be confusing to new players or even veteran players since we'd normally associate such portals to go between maps in a zone rather than into a mini-dungeon. It also sticks out as clearly 'custom' content, when compared to the other mini-dungeon portals already in the original game added by Neckson, that look like...

upload_2021-3-22_7-38-5.png

Therefore, my suggestion is that the newly-added custom mini-dungeons should use the above portal graphic instead, to be in line with mini-dungeons already in the game. This is because it'll help improve immersion and clearly denote to players that <insert portal here> leads into a mini-dungeon.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 27
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:34 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It never really occurred to me until I realised how right you are when it comes to streamlining precisely placed portals in perpetuity to purposely match preconceived paradigms around past portal placing practices.

now say it 10 times really fast.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Consistency is key!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    5:34 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I definitely remember getting a little confused when I saw the new mini dungeon portal at CDs for the first time. I think this change would make the portals purpose a lot more intuitive.

5. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
  6. Thunderbro

Thunderbro Red Snail

Mar 16, 2021
    Male
    5:34 AM
    I definitely agree with this suggestion, it makes it far easier to tell they are mini dungeons, and really is just consistent with the vanilla game. Inconsistencies make the custom portals seem more hacked in rather than being a natural addition to the game.