1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solve high jump stats dpm decrease for MM

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, May 22, 2021.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    7:50 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    DmsRebirth has already said many times that jump attacking with a MM on full jump is not worth as the strafe animation finishes before landing on the ground, this lowers the dpm because you can`t start a new attack before landing. That way, if u have full jump, you shouldn`t jump attack. The problem is that at BGA you have to jump attack and at ht jump attacking foward and back jump attacking are possilities of dpm improvent. Ok, then you ask me: why don`t you keep your jump low then? Well, event rings have been coming with hella high jump. Therefore, i ask that new event rings come without jump or you release a negative jump cash item. Thanks for proving this amazing server. Video for proof.

https://youtu.be/u-kMWjaYUOU

RegalStarRegalStar

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:50 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    So... everybody who would enjoy pseudo haste from event rings should be denied that because a couple (a literal couple) MMs want a bit more DPM...
    Much more reasonable though I've never heard of negative stats.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    im open to suggestions on how to solve this but it doens`t seem hard. And it makes these high jump rings make haste useless it`s an indirect nerf to ninjas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    3:50 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The fact that event rings come with free max haste is overkill considering the amount of stats they give to begin with. Remove the speed/jump.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:50 AM
    If anything only the ring of passion and the zombie army rings have speed/jump. The ring of melodies that was released last ani only gave main stat and hp/mp - no speed or jump.

Assuming the same thing this time round, this isn’t a concern to be worried about.

6. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I want to see a nx pendant that's just a huge chain and weight with -10 jump OnionStress

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:50 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Would be better if it's like -100 jump so I can actually use dex shoes instead of avoid shoe, and not having to yell at NLs in the party to not haste me

In all seriousness, I'll put my stance on this here as well for the record: Marksman is literally the only class that cares about reducing jump stat. Half the classes in the game can attack in-air anyways and thus don't care about delayed landing (warriors, thieves), then another ~half of the classes (mages, bucc) have such long animations that 123% jump doesn't factor in at all. Bowmasters are rooted in place for hurricane anyways; Corsair's ship automatically clamps jump down to 100% as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), and is also rooted in place for rapid fire when their ship is broken. Even then, as far as I know there are very few marksman out there that jump shoots religiously like I do, and even then jump shooting isn't too applicable against certain bosses like most of the NT fights or PB non-Ariel statues (jump shooting on PB itself is also significantly difficult since you're skulled half the time). The demand for less jump is such a short niche that I can't even imagine justifying modifying event gears for it in seriousness (even though I talk about it in jest), and while I'd love something that reduces jump (by a significant margin) so I don't have to worry about it ever, I'm not sure if it's even supported by code.

I pretty much just don't equip event gears with jump outside of PB really. It does suck that I can't benefit from events, but oh well, that's the way things roll.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:50 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    why not juz modify xbow booster to permanently clamp the jump, and make sure its not overridable?
    that way other classes wont be affected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I believe you have to be on SI for the attack speed to matter in such jump shots.

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    you cao do it like a rage + cider / rage + apple buffs

where the apple will still take effect, but the -20 armour from rage will persist

11. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    SI overwrites booster. Maybe rename "Thrust" into "Anti-thrust" and put the jump debuff in there as a passive lul

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    that works too, tho i can see MMs gonna complain.
    maybe consider sticking it to soul arrows, but den it will limit the max DPM capability

or juz, fix SI for real, and stick it to booster

13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Because not every marksman jump shoots???

14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    well den find an unused skill to provide a buff for clamping instead.
    it doesnt have to be booster

15. Ben Ten

Ben Ten Slime

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    Marksman
    TRUUUUE senpai DMs has taught me a lot about MM dpm that my casual butt would have never thought of
    An easy fix is to just take off the ring :catmouth:

16. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    yeah, let’s make haste useless and make one class not benefit from the op event rings