1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How is 230k damage per line possible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kirisame, May 26, 2021.

1. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    6:59 AM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:59 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    it only works, when piercing arrow hits more than 5-6 mobs through.
    arrow bomb can do the same thing (but this isnt ever gunna happen)

plus hes on apple.

3. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    6:59 AM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yeah I know the description of piercing arrow says: "The arrow's power increases with each monster it pierces".
    Perhaps only the damage to the first monster it hits is capped at 199k, and following monsters will ignore the damage cap?

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I can say, it will never pass dmg cap until the 5th/6th mob. atleast in v62 gear. you cant do it on first mob+apple, but yeah its an interesting one. There was 1 time, I 1shott'd a gold monk when 6 was lined up, but only the last mob died.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:59 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Its because Toon is fucking OP [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:59 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Absolutely nutty damage from Toon, but yeah I still think it's a rather odd mechanic that this skill is able to pass the 199k damage cap while others can't

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    7:59 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Pierce arrow has never had a cap. You can check on this marksman video from gms: https://youtu.be/pwRvKBMnDvE. start at 1:36. This is pre-protential and pre-big bang, the same state we are. Cap was 199k at that time. Somehow his gear is close to mine as he has a 155 attack xbow too. Marksmen have to wait till 188 to max Pierce Arrow and it’s useless at most bossing situations. Only actually usefull at ht right side when right head is blocked (Mm can’t stay on the top platform to focus on mid head like BM/NL) and jiaoceng. For cwkpq, i kinda think that it would be possible to handle cleave bosses but the dpm is not even close to an equivalent geared cleaver. Another thing is that, you need great gear to make 3 target Pierce arrow outdamage snipe + strafe.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    You also don't want to damage cwk bosses at different rates, because it doesn't help the other cleaves at all otherwise. Same problem with chain lightning /energy orb ):

• Like Like x 1